[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Bezrayer wrote:
First i wanna say build feels amazing, i have only one gripe with it.
At level 77 i have only 4,5k ES even though my gear is not that bad.

I have 890 intelligence. But missing Astramentis and one Brute Force Solution jewel.

But i feel really weak in maps with only 4,5k ES. Is Astramentis such huge upgrade or how did you all got 8,5k ES ?

Make your character public. You must only have 890 intelligence because you don't have Astramentis to allow you to convert DEX/STR in your passives to intelligence.
"
radiostar01 wrote:
Had a post asking about gear, but I've already changed it. BTW, this is a great build so far. Can't wait to see where it takes me.
I have a question however about movement skills. Is leap slam really the answer? I have a 18/20 faster attacks and it still feels a bit sluggish. I imagine the reason why leap slam was the main choice was because it could be linked to fortify, but now that vigilant strike is taking fortify duty, I wonder if flame dash or lightning warp would be more brisk.
I'd like to know your thoughts.

it is impossible to make attack-based movement skills like leap slam fast enough on this build to speed up mapping. leap slam used to be used to proc fortify. in other words: there is no reason anymore to use leap slam now that vigilant strike has taken over that role. so I would use flame dash or lightning warp, whichever you prefer. first to jump over ledges and cliffs while mapping, second to bypass traps in the lab or trials. since this build must take inc skill effect duration nodes, lightning warp is not fast enough as a general movement skill though; and flame dash suffers from its usual limitations. for moving around, running with quicksilvers (and possibly a vaal haste) is still the best option.

note that this build is about tankiness and damage potential, not about record time speed clears. if someone's main concern is clearing shaped strands in sub 1 minute all day long, this build is not for him. ;)
"
For the top bosses, a swap staff for MF culling can be quite useful. RRRBBG: LL, CtF, FP/IQ, SR - CwC, IR, Culling Strike. Swap to it when the boss is at 10% life or less.

Am I crazy, or is that 7 gems? It seems that there is an extra Blue (Item Rarity/IR). Since its supposed to be MF culling, would RRBBBG make more sense? Life Leech, Cold to Fire, Scorching Ray - Cast While Channeling, Item Rarity, Culling?

I'm a ways from running this build at that level, but wanted to do a sanity check.

Thanks!
"
JaxBen10 wrote:
Am I crazy, or is that 7 gems? It seems that there is an extra Blue (Item Rarity/IR). Since its supposed to be MF culling, would RRBBBG make more sense? Life Leech, Cold to Fire, Scorching Ray - Cast While Channeling, Item Rarity, Culling?

OP made a mistake. If you check his SSC gear, it's indeed RRBBBG (LL, IQ, IR, SR-CwC, Culling). He does not have Cold to Fire in there because he's using the 100% conversion legacy Pyre.

Since you have Culling Strike you really don't need damage gems for the swap staff.
"Chest 5L: CWDT (lv 1) - Ball Lightning (lv 4) - Curse of Hit (20/20) - Enfeeble (lv 20) - Temporal Chains (lv 20).
Important: CWDT needs to be lv 1 and BL must be lv 4 or lower, do not level these gems! CoH can be any level, 20/20 is highly recommended. Enfeeble and TC must be lv 6 or higher, do level them. This setup will not work with low level curse gems or high level CWDT/BL."

This combo doesn't for me.

I put them on boots in this or CWDT(4) => Ball Lightning (4) => COH (15) => Temporal (6). The Lightning Ball procs but it doesn't curse.
"
Cleista wrote:
"
JaxBen10 wrote:

OP made a mistake. If you check his SSC gear, it's indeed RRBBBG (LL, IQ, IR, SR-CwC, Culling). He does not have Cold to Fire in there because he's using the 100% conversion legacy Pyre.

Since you have Culling Strike you really don't need damage gems for the swap staff.

Okay, cool. Thought something was off.

Thanks for the additional info about not needing additional dmg for culling, that makes sense.
"
xoxAZIxox wrote:
Important: CWDT needs to be lv 1 and BL must be lv 4 or lower
This combo doesn't for me.
I put them on boots in this or CWDT(4)

1 doesn't equal 4...
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
radiostar01 wrote:
Had a post asking about gear, but I've already changed it. BTW, this is a great build so far. Can't wait to see where it takes me.
I have a question however about movement skills. Is leap slam really the answer? I have a 18/20 faster attacks and it still feels a bit sluggish. I imagine the reason why leap slam was the main choice was because it could be linked to fortify, but now that vigilant strike is taking fortify duty, I wonder if flame dash or lightning warp would be more brisk.
I'd like to know your thoughts.

it is impossible to make attack-based movement skills like leap slam fast enough on this build to speed up mapping. leap slam used to be used to proc fortify. in other words: there is no reason anymore to use leap slam now that vigilant strike has taken over that role. so I would use flame dash or lightning warp, whichever you prefer. first to jump over ledges and cliffs while mapping, second to bypass traps in the lab or trials. since this build must take inc skill effect duration nodes, lightning warp is not fast enough as a general movement skill though; and flame dash suffers from its usual limitations. for moving around, running with quicksilvers (and possibly a vaal haste) is still the best option.

note that this build is about tankiness and damage potential, not about record time speed clears. if someone's main concern is clearing shaped strands in sub 1 minute all day long, this build is not for him. ;)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't pick up on potency passives making LW a pain. At least it gives me 2 slots to fill.
Last edited by radiostar01 on Mar 27, 2017, 7:09:26 PM
New questions. So I just picked up this disgusting little thing.

Would you do it and should I do it?

This is my first time playing WI. I've done uber lab, sitting on 7.8k ES, 1530 int, and my hideout damage per use is 4852.5/5489.5 with both golems up.

I have yet to do vaal temple or uber atziri, never mind double trio.
Last edited by radiostar01 on Mar 28, 2017, 2:28:19 AM
Absolutely disgusting. Hexproof AND twinned? I'm not even sure if the RMT GG builds can do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info