[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Baugoti wrote:
Hi,

Loving this build.. about to move onto the shaper, but I have never Done the fight, so probably being overly safe.

Just as a thought, below is my gear, what piece Do you think I should get an upgrade for. (currently looking for boots, so outside of that)

Gear:
Spoiler

Hey I noticed that you went with CWC instead. How'd you like CWC vs what's in this build?
"
mrutomi wrote:
"
Baugoti wrote:
Hi,

Loving this build.. about to move onto the shaper, but I have never Done the fight, so probably being overly safe.

Just as a thought, below is my gear, what piece Do you think I should get an upgrade for. (currently looking for boots, so outside of that)

Gear:
Spoiler

Hey I noticed that you went with CWC instead. How'd you like CWC vs what's in this build?

I like it better, the problem I always had with the standard Build was only ever haD enough mana to cast 1 or 2 icestorms, then had to wait for leach to cast more. with CWC I get icestorm stacks very quickly, and can put them everywhere.

Also I feel cwc allows for more mobility Due to not having to wait for echo animations.

Single target Damage seems (to me at least) almost the same either way.
"
mrutomi wrote:
I'm struggling on using arctic armor. When I use arctic armor, my mana goes down to like 250 (which is similar to the mana in the videos), but I'm struggling to play through with this. Whenever I misclick an icestorm (or game lags and I hit nothing with icestorm), I'm basically low on mana. Without arctic armor, I could just spam my icestorm everywhere and if it lags, I just hold down icestorm all around me and everything just dies as I leach back up life.

Anybody else struggle with the playstyle with arctic armor and have advice for me?

Switch to CwC. Replace Spell Echo and CD (or CE) with Scorching Ray and CwC, link those 2 gems (ideally link all 4 blue gems in the staff for extra damage from SR).

Gems: SR - CwC - EF - CE (or CD), LL, FP.

You don't even need Enlighten with CwC. You will have about 100 mana, and SR costs 18. You can spam it at will. No need to color the helmet 3B either. Can just make it BBRG and put AA in it. Makes coloring the body armor easier too. And you get an open socket for an extra gem of your choice: Vaal Disc, LW, Vaal LT, whatever you like to bring.

I'm switching the versions of the build to CwC and updating the guides as time allows. The question of damage upgrade/downgrade remains open, but it's not going to change a lot in either direction. But the improved mobility and new league/player friendliness is totally worth it. I'll keep the old SE version as an option for 'advanced players'.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 30, 2016, 5:43:40 PM
I've noticed in some videos that with CwC and SR the first Icestorm has a slight delay - does it gives you any problem? It seems long enough to get killed before starting to leech :/
"
Baugoti wrote:
Hi,

Gear:
Spoiler

Your gear is already very good, better than mine in the league. You don't need to upgrade anything really. Vendor your Fortify gem + GCP.

Watch my Shaper kill with CwC and do the same. Although if you have never done him before it's probably going to take a few deaths before you get used to it.

"
Levirael wrote:
I've noticed in some videos that with CwC and SR the first Icestorm has a slight delay - does it gives you any problem? It seems long enough to get killed before starting to leech :/

There is a fixed delay of 0.35 sec that it takes for CwC to trigger. You get used to it very quickly. It's a lot less clunky than stopping for 0.7 sec to double-cast with SE. And the best part is that you can stop and move at any time. With SE you are frozen for that 0.7 sec and can't do anything. With SR-CwC you are completely free to move. It's a big deal in fights like Uber Atziri when you see her cast the giant twin flameblasts and need to move fast.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 30, 2016, 5:56:49 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

There is a fixed delay of 0.35 sec that it takes for CwC to trigger. You get used to it very quickly. It's a lot less clunky than stopping for 0.7 sec to double-cast with SE. And the best part is that you can stop and move at any time. With SE you are frozen for that 0.7 sec and can't do anything. With SR-CwC you are completely free to move. It's a big deal in fights like Uber Atziri when you see her cast the giant twin flameblasts and need to move fast.

while I agree that there are instances where being locked in place for 0.6-0.7 seconds is bad, I gotta disagree with the "less clunky" part. today I leveled a HoWA BF char and decided to level him as WI (since the tree gets so much int...)

there, I tried out leveling with SR + CWC and didnt like it at all. first, that 0.35s delay before I get my first icestorm coming is annoying and dangerous. second, having to press down the button for "prolonged" periods of time instead of tapping it once is really tedious. and third, I find it harder to aim with SR.

so yes, it is technically clearly the superior way of leveling, but it's not for me - and now that I've tested it myself, I'm more confident than ever that selfcast is the superior endgame option on elementalist and inquisitor.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 30, 2016, 11:07:20 PM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
there, I tried out leveling with SR + CWC and didnt like it at all. first, that 0.35s delay before I get my first icestorm coming is annoying and dangerous. second, having to press down the button for "prolonged" periods of time instead of tapping it once is really tedious. and third, I find it harder to aim with SR.

so yes, it is technically clearly the superior way of leveling, but it's not for me - and now that I've tested it myself, I'm more confident than ever that selfcast is the superior endgame option on elementalist and inquisitor.

It takes maybe 1 day to get used to pressing down the key for 0.35 sec instead of tapping it. Not to mention that tapping isn't 100% reliable anyway, to make sure that Icestorm is cast you need to press it down for a short time.

You don't need to aim with SR. Icestorm is cast at the cursor, it doesn't matter where the beam is.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
mrutomi wrote:
I'm struggling on using arctic armor. When I use arctic armor, my mana goes down to like 250 (which is similar to the mana in the videos), but I'm struggling to play through with this. Whenever I misclick an icestorm (or game lags and I hit nothing with icestorm), I'm basically low on mana. Without arctic armor, I could just spam my icestorm everywhere and if it lags, I just hold down icestorm all around me and everything just dies as I leach back up life.

Anybody else struggle with the playstyle with arctic armor and have advice for me?

Switch to CwC. Replace Spell Echo and CD (or CE) with Scorching Ray and CwC, link those 2 gems (ideally link all 4 blue gems in the staff for extra damage from SR).

Gems: SR - CwC - EF - CE (or CD), LL, FP.

You don't even need Enlighten with CwC. You will have about 100 mana, and SR costs 18. You can spam it at will. No need to color the helmet 3B either. Can just make it BBRG and put AA in it. Makes coloring the body armor easier too. And you get an open socket for an extra gem of your choice: Vaal Disc, LW, Vaal LT, whatever you like to bring.

I'm switching the versions of the build to CwC and updating the guides as time allows. The question of damage upgrade/downgrade remains open, but it's not going to change a lot in either direction. But the improved mobility and new league/player friendliness is totally worth it. I'll keep the old SE version as an option for 'advanced players'.

ohh okay. What would you change about the skill tree? i'm up to level 87 with this build, so I might need to respec if I change to CWC. Also, does CE give more damage or is it the same as CD? I just made the switch on my character, but haven't respecced any points yet.

As for gear, what would you think I should switch out? Thanks!

Spoiler
Last edited by mrutomi on Dec 31, 2016, 3:18:12 AM
"
mrutomi wrote:
ohh okay. What would you change about the skill tree? i'm up to level 87 with this build, so I might need to respec if I change to CWC. Also, does CE give more damage or is it the same as CD? I just made the switch on my character, but haven't respecced any points yet.

As for gear, what would you think I should switch out? Thanks!

Spoiler

Get a Crystal Belt with Int and maybe some more ES on the boots?
Hi Guys :)

i wish happy new year to everyone:))
i'm lvl 91 and finished all (unique maps not included) <16 maps.

and i have this body armor:

can i craft a better one from this with meta crafting mods or sg? maybe 850+ ES or maybe better to sell and buy another with better ES stat? It have one open suffix and prefix too on that.
I think, the body armor slot can gives me the most ES bonus.. i Have 1500 INT, 8K ES with disc. and 7,6K dmg only with golems up in HO.

And Here is my other hear slots, pls fell free to give an advice :)
Last edited by AdamK on Dec 31, 2016, 2:39:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info