[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

5k tooltip should be enough. And even 1 curse expiring shouldn't really kill you. Not sure what could be happening there. Are you not maxed on res? Or the map has some nasty mods? I had no issues with the Crypt boss in either league, but I haven't played Shaped Crypt (that's an odd choice of a T9 map to shape). I'll check it out if I can get one for a reasonable price.

I never run with ele weakness, since i don't have enough natural resistance to counter, and also there was no nasty mods too. Maybe is because i only have 7.3k ES?
Loving this build so much so far. Didn't expect to enjoy it so much and im only level 60. Was starting to feel a little squishy but I pushed my ES from 2.2k to 5.1k in 1 round of upgrades last night so now i just feel unstoppable with this level of content. The leeching is just too strong and its so easy to gimp bosses before they even get a chance to react. All im really missing is astramentis so i've got a couple of wasted stat points on the tree but once i get one thats when it will all really come together. Thanks for the awesome build guide man.
Can someone tell me why normal Malachi one shots me? He bypassed my enegieshield for some reason...
bah, double post
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 2, 2016, 11:01:20 AM
"
Fr3shDee wrote:
Can someone tell me why normal Malachi one shots me? He bypassed my enegieshield for some reason...

You mean his scepter smash attack in the first part of the fight? Don't facetank that! Pretty sure I mentioned it in the boss guide. He doesn't bypass your ES, you just don't have enough ES to survive it. It's a humongous physical+fire hit, like the Shaper Slam. I don't know how much damage it does and never tried to use full mitigation against it. But one of my biggest embarrassments in PoE was getting 1-shot with 10k ES by the Merciless Malachai in Act 4, not even the Core one. /facepalm

That reminds me: I want to try eating the Malachai Smash with PoF and flasks similar to the Shaper. He can't be doing more damage than the Shaper, can he? (famous last words!)
Im actually pretty sure that his tentacle thing killed me. I did not play that many ES builds over the past years i play this game but if I die my ES remains at like 600 but the resourect screen pops up which made me think that my ES got bypassed. I'd like 1k ES and I cant remember being one shot by normal malachi...
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Fr3shDee wrote:

You mean his scepter smash attack in the first part of the fight? Don't facetank that! Pretty sure I mentioned it in the boss guide. He doesn't bypass your ES, you just don't have enough ES to survive it. It's a humongous physical+fire hit, like the Shaper Slam. I don't know how much damage it does and never tried to use full mitigation against it. But one of my biggest embarrassments in PoE was getting 1-shot with 10k ES by the Merciless Malachai in Act 4, not even the Core one. /facepalm

That reminds me: I want to try eating the Malachai Smash with PoF and flasks similar to the Shaper. He can't be doing more damage than the Shaper, can he? (famous last words!)

K turns out that im a complete retard and used a caustic mana flask from level 30 onwards...
Gah, this build is really sweet but I blew a lot of currency to only get half of what I need. Let me know what I should work on next. Should I prioritize Int or ES? Here's my gear:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm sitting at around 4.5k ES and 1,108 Int at level 73. and I have this helm, but need Vorici's.
Last edited by KaFeiBean on Nov 2, 2016, 7:30:20 PM
i swapped out diedres for a topaz ring today and only rocked enfeeble + warlords..

seemed fine tbh. didn't really notice too big of a difference.

anyone else try dropping temporal chains?
"
Gah, this build is really sweet but I blew a lot of currency to only get half of what I need. Let me know what I should work on next. Should I prioritize Int or ES? Here's my gear:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm sitting at around 4.5k ES and 1,108 Int at level 73. and I have this helm, but need Vorici's.

you really need more ES, but that doesnt mean it would be a good idea to skip int for mroe ES on your gear. dont do that!

you should be able to get a chest with 600+ es and 40+ int for 1-5 chaos. make sure you can self-craft one res on it. that should be your first priority. then, you can start using the black sun, which buffs your int and thus both damage and ES. after that, I would try to to buy a better belt. that should provide a big upgrade over your current belt. afterwards, you can finally start working on your gloves and boots.

some poetrade links:
http://poe.trade/search/iurikiroitamom
http://poe.trade/search/asahumomaozare

in the long run, you want to buy a crystal belt and a shrieking essence of spite to try to get a belt with massive ES and int.

"
wimpy_tuna wrote:
i swapped out diedres for a topaz ring today and only rocked enfeeble + warlords..

seemed fine tbh. didn't really notice too big of a difference.

anyone else try dropping temporal chains?

you absolutely dont need the 3rd curse for ordinary mapping unless its a very high map (say t12++) with deadly mods. but for the endgame content (t14+ bosses, guardians, shaper, deadly high maps), it makes a world of a difference. when facetanking a high boss, temp chains reduces the incoming damage by around 30%, so it makes it thaaat much easier to facetank the damage. and if you cant facetank, it makes it that much easier to dodge telegraphed oneshot-moves.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Nov 3, 2016, 2:12:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info