[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

why do you guys suppress ignite with a 49% more modifier when ignite is a 80% more?.
i played fire through out my poe life and i just can't suppress the ignite; it makes no sense.
duration is also a more multiplier.

anyway, i 'll end up with
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAL8IJDenbeDY-F9f0CGQ6hB7jCUnXUlnm64-xq4MXxynU6U8LYNfg8wLYa9saPK3PkGH-eiCxx2-M4cD7py-DR88KCj6V8kNfOq6uJMc3I8a6-6nCJ2uGmzkItWm2CRWSHyDES0snI9Gm6EYangvfOVYB_fXhEhca8NtHRSvjfrSZp63MYx2cg-Ub2ZUtAzK076KoS-TJ3_GoqPB85UgLR8dTzW5pytMs0V-Dlxq-tAf7-uXlVJTPV9RdI7pppnBxewYLL8V14auVmOP-tDQRwbb52wI8YoRlg5ItzDoWiaIXfIrChEv98FfavDVSVE=
6 jewels, 750 int after staff and helm(from the tree), 5.8% regen, 12k armor with granite up + another 26% flat phys reduction from basalt, i leap slam fortify with 90% increased attack speed, 3 frenzy(can get 1 more).
i have 3.5k without buffs and 6.2k with buffs(both with conc, echo/faster casting/controlled destruction/cold to fire/inc. duration on staff) at 900 int on char screen(7k es).

the problem i have for now is -max + reflect mobs while my icestorm hits less than 3 targets; i just melt and have to log out.
i think i can fix it with purity(i don't use arctic armor)+ ruby flask + better fortify skills but i'm pretty lazy.

Edit: tree with VP
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAHuMJSddSWebrj7Grjwtg18LYa9saPKDzLc-QYf56Jy-DR88KILHHb4zhwPuKPq4k1fJDXzqurQMHNyPGuvupwjYJFZIfIMRLSycj0YdFK-N-tJmnrcxjHZyD5RvZlSboRhqeC985VgH99eESFxrw23K076KoS-TJ3_GoqNRdI7pppnB85UgLR8dTzW5pytMs5eVUlM9X0V-Dlxq-tAf7-vBxewYLL8V14auj_pWY_DVSVHQ0EcG2-dsCPGKtMXC7AW16NbrFCLqwzoqOJu1hMXndNsaEHu-Og==
by 90 it can get 8 jewels(+1more later); at that point one starts thinking about grand spectrum. :)
Last edited by kreca73 on Nov 3, 2016, 4:02:18 AM
"
kreca73 wrote:
why do you guys suppress ignite with a 49% more modifier when ignite is a 80% more?.
i played fire through out my poe life and i just can't suppress the ignite; it makes no sense.

anyway, i 'll end up with
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAL8IJDenbeDY-F9f0CGQ6hB7jCUnXUlnm64-xq4MXxynU6U8LYNfg8wLYa9saPK3PkGH-eiCxx2-M4cD7py-DR88KCj6V8kNfOq6uJMc3I8a6-6nCJ2uGmzkItWm2CRWSHyDES0snI9Gm6EYangvfOVYB_fXhEhca8NtHRSvjfrSZp63MYx2cg-Ub2ZUtAzK076KoS-TJ3_GoqPB85UgLR8dTzW5pytMs0V-Dlxq-tAf7-uXlVJTPV9RdI7pppnBxewYLL8V14auVmOP-tDQRwbb52wI8YoRlg5ItzDoWiaIXfIrChEv98FfavDVSVE=
6 jewels, 750 int after staff and helm(from the tree), 5.8% regen, 12k armor with granite up + another 26% flat phys reduction from basalt, i leap slam fortify with 90% increased attack speed, 3 frenzy(can get 1 more).
i have 3.5k without buffs and 6.2k with buffs(both with conc, echo/faster casting/controlled destruction/cold to fire/inc. duration on staff) at 900 int on char screen(7k es).

the problem i have for now is -max + reflect mobs while my icestorm hits less than 3 targets; i just melt and have to log out.
i think i can fix it with purity(i don't use arctic armor)+ ruby flask + better fortify skills but i'm pretty lazy.

Edit: tree with VP
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAHuMJSddSWebrj7Grjwtg18LYa9saPKDzLc-QYf56Jy-DR88KILHHb4zhwPuKPq4k1fJDXzqurQMHNyPGuvupwjYJFZIfIMRLSycj0YdFK-N-tJmnrcxjHZyD5RvZlSboRhqeC985VgH99eESFxrw23K076KoS-TJ3_GoqNRdI7pppnB85UgLR8dTzW5pytMs5eVUlM9X0V-Dlxq-tAf7-vBxewYLL8V14auj_pWY_DVSVHQ0EcG2-dsCPGKtMXC7AW16NbrFCLqwzoqOJu1hMXndNsaEHu-Og==
by 90 it can get 8 jewels(+1more later); at that point one starts thinking about grand spectrum. :)

ignite is just not suited for skills that apply many small hits like icestorm or firestorm. when I facetank a boss and stack icestorms on him, he is hit by something like 20 to 30 ice shards per second. even if double dipping was increasing burn damage by a factor of 10, it wouldnt make that much of a difference.

using burn necessarily means skipping strong support gems (ele focus) and losing int/conventional damage from the tree. fully buffed you reach an average damage of 6.2k. and thats with frenzy charges that you wont be able to sustain in prolonged boss fights. fully buffed, I have around 13k avg hit damage.

so assuming 20 iceshards per second, my damage to a boss is at the very least 20*13k = 260k, not accounting for penetration and some other stuff.

with full frenzy charges and a burn that has double dipping by a factor of 10, you arrive at (20+10)*6.2k = 186k. and thats only if you can sustain your frenzy charges.

also, lets not forget that inc duration is NOT a multiplicative damage modifier for burn damage; not with a spell that hits as frequently and thus re-applies burn as frequently as icestorm. ofc, sacrificing gems and passives (and thus int) for burn also means that you have less ES, less mana and less icestorm duration.

simply put: burn is awesome with strong one-time-hit skills like flameblast or (fire-converted) vortex. it also is inherently stronger on crit builds. so if there's any build that is disadvantageous to burn, its WI.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Nov 3, 2016, 4:43:17 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
CONV0Y wrote:
Loving this build it is strong dps and tankiness wise..what's a good ES range to be around?? I'm level 86.

8k ES is enough for everything if you are good/careful. 10k ES makes things safe and comfortable. 12k ES is god mode.

Just remember that you get more ES and DPS with Int at every level, so don't complain that you are not quite there at lv 70. :)

And don't trade DPS for ES (i.e. take pure ES nodes, wear high ES items with no Int, etc). The question should be not how much ES you need, but how much Int.

1500 Int is good for everything. 1800 Int is safe and comfortable. 2k Int is god mode. With this build. There are higher Int builds out there, as well as ones with twice as much ES, but they work differently.

Can witch really reach more than 1700 or so int? I mean, even with your pretty much godly gear on standard you have 1699. How the heck could someone reach 2k int? oO
im at 8.6k es now, my WI w golems out in town goes to 8.8k

what am i missing to bring that up to 13k?
"
wimpy_tuna wrote:
i swapped out diedres for a topaz ring today and only rocked enfeeble + warlords..

seemed fine tbh. didn't really notice too big of a difference.

anyone else try dropping temporal chains?

TC is not really needed until the endgame, it's just a big QoL improvement to have everything greatly slowed. But the Hydra will tear you a new one without TC. And the Shaper too.

"
harby wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
CONV0Y wrote:
Loving this build it is strong dps and tankiness wise..what's a good ES range to be around?? I'm level 86.

8k ES is enough for everything if you are good/careful. 10k ES makes things safe and comfortable. 12k ES is god mode.

Just remember that you get more ES and DPS with Int at every level, so don't complain that you are not quite there at lv 70. :)

And don't trade DPS for ES (i.e. take pure ES nodes, wear high ES items with no Int, etc). The question should be not how much ES you need, but how much Int.

1500 Int is good for everything. 1800 Int is safe and comfortable. 2k Int is god mode. With this build. There are higher Int builds out there, as well as ones with twice as much ES, but they work differently.

Can witch really reach more than 1700 or so int? I mean, even with your pretty much godly gear on standard you have 1699. How the heck could someone reach 2k int? oO

Int Crystal belt. Can't wait for mine to arrive in Standard.

And I still haven't bothered paying to the dude holding monopoly on the BiS jewel. Yes, it's not his fault that GGG allows him to deny the entire player base access to that item. But I don't want to support that fucked up design. Maybe I'll buy it eventually, after the Essence league is over and my belt is here. With it and the belt I'll have 2k Int.

"
kreca73 wrote:

Ignite damage is based on ONE HIT. And it doesn't stack unless you use Emberwake. And you'd need burn damage mods too. That would just ruin the build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 3, 2016, 1:20:36 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

And I still haven't bothered paying to the dude holding monopoly on the BiS jewel. Yes, it's not his fault that GGG allows him to deny the entire player base access to that item. But I don't want to support that fucked up design. Maybe I'll buy it eventually, after the Essence league is over and my belt is here. With it and the belt I'll have 2k Int.

care to elaborate?? who are you talking about?? which league?? poe.trade link??
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/labyrinth/Standard/4/1478131200
Click 'Prev' till your fingers get numb. Switch to the Essence league, for shits and giggles.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/labyrinth/Standard/4/1478131200
Click 'Prev' till your fingers get numb. Switch to the Essence league, for shits and giggles.

So that is why I never found them... how do he even make it in two minutes..

I managed to get an OK int crystal belt eventually as well. Certainly not the best, but it was within budget:

Hope GGG decide to keep essences in some shape after this league, the spite crafting is nice. As are the other essences. They could just make it as a map mod to appear now and then.

But on the other hand I hardly never play standard anyways :P
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
I managed to get an OK int crystal belt eventually as well. Certainly not the best, but it was within budget:

Hope GGG decide to keep essences in some shape after this league, the spite crafting is nice. As are the other essences. They could just make it as a map mod to appear now and then.

But on the other hand I hardly never play standard anyways :P

Pretty decent belt. But it can be a lot better.

This is the one I made in the league that I can't wait to get in Standard:

I hope GGG adds essence crafting to the core game too. For this build it's a unique source of Int for the only slot where we couldn't get it. But there are builds using Hysteria etc that just won't be possible without essences at all.

Standard has its perks. Like the Master crafting. I went back to Standard and crafted THIS the other night:

Leveling the masters and accumulating the currency to make items like this in a temp league is just too much work. I know, some people do it, but by the time you get something of this quality the league is dead and you only have a short time to enjoy it before it's over.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 3, 2016, 6:31:46 PM
That is an awesome belt! Still got some spites left, gonna have to try my luck on a new one and hope for the best this weekend.

Yeah the masters are pretty nice like that, I got a few of mine at level 8 now in Essence, but the resources on the other hand... Pretty much the reason I am focusing mostly on the belt in my crafting, since it is potentially a unique depending on what GGG does after league.

Also why I rather like leagues, the prices are nice early on. I see a couple of items I bought earlier in league for a few chaos now going into the multi exalt range nearing the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info