[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
dRawJ wrote:
Hey, i was wondering if elemental damage increases DPS. I've used a belt that had 10% ele damage but it didn't increase on the tooltip, i know the tooltip is really bad for actual DPS on the skills but was unsure if it actually affected it in anyway.

bonus to "elemental damage" applies to icestorm. what you had on your belt, however, was "weapon elemental damage", which only applies to attacks, not spells. thats why the "weapon elemental damage" on you belt didnt affect icestorm tooltip.
"
bonus to "elemental damage" applies to icestorm. what you had on your belt, however, was "weapon elemental damage", which only applies to attacks, not spells. thats why the "weapon elemental damage" on you belt didnt affect icestorm tooltip.

Ok, thanks. Also, do you think Elemental Equilibrium is dertimental to the build? It seems to get nullified when ever you have cast an ice storm after using, say an orb of lightning.
Switched my level 88 Firestorm witch over to this build, and I'm loving it. Spent the last week gathering standard league GG gear for it, and I think I'm in good shape. Feedback on gear? Where to improve? I think the boots are my next priority for upgrade, but it's been tough. Also wish I could have gotten resists on the belt, and I may buy another essence of spite to try again with. We'll see.

Last edited by magicstop on Oct 30, 2016, 11:04:06 AM
Nice flasks m8. Gotta go fast sanic ?

Curently playing it in ESC :
Spoiler

Last edited by Pandaroux on Oct 30, 2016, 12:23:51 PM
Sorry for dumb question guys/
Why cant I use the 3rd curse/aura?
Warlord mark and Discipline is working fine,the 3rd one is Blasphemy I supose?
My passives is exacly the same as in the guide for lvl 87. Same as links and the gems plasement/
Last edited by ScottEvill on Oct 30, 2016, 3:56:35 PM
"
dRawJ wrote:
"

Ok, thanks. Also, do you think Elemental Equilibrium is dertimental to the build? It seems to get nullified when ever you have cast an ice storm after using, say an orb of lightning.

ele equi is applied per hit, so it wont ever work for a spell like firestorm or icestorm.

an example: you cast orb of storms, the lightning zaps the mob, applies ele equi, reducing its fire and cold res. then you cast icestorm on it. the first ice shard hits and does increased damage due to the mob's reduced res. this first shard, however, triggers EE again and increases the mob's res against the second, third and all following iceshards.

for EE to work with icestorm, one would need a skill that reliably hits at the same "rythm" as icestorm, without having to be recast all the time. such a skill does not exist.

"
magicstop wrote:
Switched my level 88 Firestorm witch over to this build, and I'm loving it. Spent the last week gathering standard league GG gear for it, and I think I'm in good shape. Feedback on gear? Where to improve? I think the boots are my next priority for upgrade, but it's been tough. Also wish I could have gotten resists on the belt, and I may buy another essence of spite to try again with. We'll see.

get 14-15% increased int on the helm instead of 10%. thats the obvious first choice to improve. then, get a crystal belt with int, thats the obvious second choice. then the boots with more ES and/or res.
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
dRawJ wrote:
"

ele equi is applied per hit, so it wont ever work for a spell like firestorm or icestorm.

an example: you cast orb of storms, the lightning zaps the mob, applies ele equi, reducing its fire and cold res. then you cast icestorm on it. the first ice shard hits and does increased damage due to the mob's reduced res. this first shard, however, triggers EE again and increases the mob's res against the second, third and all following iceshards.

for EE to work with icestorm, one would need a skill that reliably hits at the same "rythm" as icestorm, without having to be recast all the time. such a skill does not exist.

So is it completely pointless speccing into it then?
"
dRawJ wrote:

So is it completely pointless speccing into it then?

it's not just pointless, it's detrimental.
"
Black_Gun wrote:

get 14-15% increased int on the helm instead of 10%. thats the obvious first choice to improve. then, get a crystal belt with int, thats the obvious second choice. then the boots with more ES and/or res.

No idea how I missed the low int on the helm! Fixed that, thanks for the heads up.

My belt has int, and I'll probably divine it soon to get it to the top of its tier. Just debating whether to scour and start again or not (for resists as well).

The boots have been a challenge to find w/out dropping 20-40ex for a pair. That's the point of extremely diminishing returns that I can't afford to play at, unfortunately.

Updated my flasks a bit (swapped in freeze flask, better speed flask, and qualitied them all . . .

Also, easily facetanked Uber Izaro for the first time ever today. This build + my gear just sliced through him. Didn't even bother worrying about his supports. Felt goooood. About to run Atziri.

This build runs so much better than my previous firestorm build. It's silly.
Last edited by magicstop on Oct 30, 2016, 10:44:13 PM
which version is better for endgame ? facetank/damage - just stronger ?

witch or templar ?
help me to decide :D
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info