Orion - the hunter - a god with the bow - cheap, insane DPS, fun as hell - Get ready for 2.5 version

So I'm having small problems with Atziri and Uber lab. As my ex drop hasn't been great this league (0 ex drops with 2 lvl87+ chars) I haven't been able to get either the Cospris (even more so the price skyrocketed to 6ex) or the Reach.

So I was running with Tabula + Death's Opus for a while, but having only ~3.6k hp and only 10% movement speed from the Windscreams it didn't really work out too well. So instead of sitting around and hoping for few ex drops, I dropped around 100c into some rare gear and got myself up to 4.6k HP. I also managed to roll myself Vurln on hit gloves which led to dropping the Windscreams and blasphemy all together. Because I was cursing on hit now anyways.

So my current gear is the following:
Spoiler

Here is my current passives tree: http://bit.ly/29JmfYU (I have 8 asc. points).

So my concerns are the following:
- I've only got around 6.7k tooltip dps. Even with tabula + Death's opus I had around the same amount. What am I missing? What would give me missing ~14k dps? I know my skills aren't 20 yet (they are 19), but that wouldn't be such a increase, would it?
- I can't do Uber Lab. Izaro one-shots me. I've managed to evade him 2 runs out of 8-9. But it's not consistent and 80% of time I'll die. Either to Argus, Izaro or traps.
- Deathless Atziri is also a problem. I ran 5 Atziris yesterday, best run was 2 deaths (it might be that I happened to hit mirror these times, but it's always a very close call).
- Am I missing somekind of mechanic? I'm poisioning enemies with the skill, so they should bleed etc too right? They get vurl curse from the gloves. Maybe I am missing something build-enabling somewhere.
- Now when dropping the blasphemy, I got tons of free sockets. Not sure what to use them for.

What would you suggest for me to do next? Apart from the video (in which you had Cospris + Reach I think) how would you run the lab if you didn't 2 shot Izaro? Should I get some special flasks? Or should I just scrape together all the money I can, and get the Cospris? Will it make such a huge difference? (I could probably reach 6ex if I sell all the other currency I happen to have).

Any guidance would be really appreciated.
Last edited by Devil on Jul 19, 2016, 10:39:52 AM
Another question, how does this build fare against reflect? (mobs and maps)

and is VP necessary? (vs reflect?)
Hi, Devil! First of all you need to reroll to Assassin from Saboteur, you miss a lot of dps. Also you need to use blasphemy + projectile weakness + windscream (you still will have 4k+hp with them). Assassin's ascendancy + crit gem will give you 90+ crit chance, so you must use crit gem in 5-link i think. Also death's opus give +2 arrows and 150% crit multi wich is huge, use it instead of your bow.

Also i would recommend get amulet with add phys dps, 30%+ crit multi, life, missing stats. And after that use your rings and belt to get 75% resists.
Last edited by fenix143 on Jul 19, 2016, 3:00:27 PM
"
AridZephyr wrote:
Another question, how does this build fare against reflect? (mobs and maps)

and is VP necessary? (vs reflect?)

VP is necessary vs reflect rare mobs (even vs pack of Porcupines) got insta heal, but not vs phys reflect map mod ) just don't go on that maps. With VP you will rarely use heal flasks. As we don't use elemental damage, you can easily do maps with elem reflect.
Last edited by fenix143 on Jul 19, 2016, 3:04:29 PM
Thank fenix143 for answering but I have some clarifying questions.

"
fenix143 wrote:

- First of all you need to re-roll to Assassin from Saboteur, you miss a lot of dps.
I am Assassin.

- Also you need to use blasphemy + projectile weakness + windscream.
Why though? The blasphemy range isn't great. Most mobs I hit are out of that range.

- You must use crit gem in 5-link i think.
Dropping what in favor of the crit gem?

- Also death's opus give +2 arrows and 150% crit multi wich is huge, use it instead of your bow.
Why is the crit so important here? Does it scale with something? Does it make the poison or bleed scale better?
Devil, Oh, my bad, i'm confused with your DevilTrapper char ) blasphemy + projectile weakness do a great job to one shoot single target (bosses) at least. + on high tier maps it also very powerful. As rel4us says: "Well, projectile weakness is the best damage aura, the 54% (59% with blasphemy quality 20) is like 59% more damage that is double dips,
Nothing is better then that."

In 5-link drop slower proj in favor of crit gem, PPAD is better because of the bleeding.

Bleed deals physical damage over time. The amount is based on the physical damage of the hit that caused it. So if you hit with a crit + a lot of multi, it will cause bleed for a total of 190% per second with Toxic Delivery. A lot of arrows from barrage, opus, helm, drillneck, 2 curses, + double dips, it would be millions of dps.
Last edited by fenix143 on Jul 19, 2016, 4:29:16 PM
"
fenix143 wrote:
Devil, Oh, my bad, i'm confused with your DevilTrapper char ) blasphemy + projectile weakness do a great job to one shoot single target (bosses) at least. + on high tier maps it also very powerful. As rel4us says: "Well, projectile weakness is the best damage aura, the 54% (59% with blasphemy quality 20) is like 59% more damage that is double dips,
Nothing is better then that."

In 5-link drop slower proj in favor of crit gem, PPAD is better because of the bleeding.

Bleed deals physical damage over time. The amount is based on the physical damage of the hit that caused it. So if you hit with a crit + a lot of multi, it will cause bleed for a total of 190% per second with Toxic Delivery. A lot of arrows from barrage, opus, helm, drillneck, 2 curses, + double dips, it would be millions of dps.

Well said,

BTW, for physical reflect maps I use physical to lightning (remove crit multi) and remove the drillneck for

My DPS is 47K tooltip with charges, and about 1.3M wich is good for all maps
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Hey its me again, what are your thoughts on making this tiny change at the start of your tree to allow for another volley fire?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAx4FLQW1B5kILgiJDY0N0Q-rEJIRLxa_GY4byB9BIXYhwCPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4KlsrCi5TMHEwfDH6MjI2PTfUOdQ6QkMxQzZEDUd-Sn1LeEyOTP9Nkk4qUUdS7FVLWfBbr11oXfJfsGHiYqxjQ2VNZ6BsjG8ncFJ07XXLdvd59nrvfXV_K4SihMWGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv49glQWaaprxm7WdqqCfotmjiqR4sNizDrTFtUi3trxvvTa-p8EzwdXC7MM6yPDKqc_d02_TftQj2Ybawd2o3vjjhOOf51TqYutj7T_tg-4O73rxivzF_rr_3g==

You lose 30% physical and 30% chaos and the stats from a different jewel to make room for another volley fire. I'm really on the fence as to whether this trade-off is worth it.
Last edited by alan26018 on Jul 20, 2016, 3:17:11 AM
Hey, nice build. Wondering what's your chance to hit like, as you don't seem to have accuracy on your gear.
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Hey, nice build. Wondering what's your chance to hit like, as you don't seem to have accuracy on your gear.

91%
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info