"Support" Gems... *Barf*

Inb4 next patch contains update to all other gems:

Molten strike attack
Freeze pulse spell
Elemental weakness curse
etc..

Is this necessary? God no. It is already listed RIGHT BELOW THE DAMN NAME...

As previously said here, a proper tutorial would fix everything. Even though ggg has the "overview" part, it could be improved somewhat.

This reminds me of the tier system change.(Which im still not fond of..)
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on May 29, 2016, 1:48:53 AM
Actually partially confused on what's OP's problem now. Is he complaining about Support Gems having a new keyword called "Support" made specifically for Support Gems and that the Support Gem also has tooltip explaining how Support Gems work?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
DrGoatMD wrote:
ok so far the only patch note I've seen people not get upset over is the Thicket being 50%

yeah, the negativity of some individuals is astounding, and it can't even be communicated in a sensible, mindful way. Why would you want to negotiate improvement with someone who starts with "BARF, your idea is sooo stooopid, producer of PoE is so stooopid, make like i want!"
Meh.

E: mind, the stoopid part and the barf part came from different parties, but anyway.
Make support-gems 50%, plz.
Last edited by Antaiseito on May 29, 2016, 4:31:51 AM
"
Actually partially confused on what's OP's problem now.

Support gems have an additional "SUPPORT" in their name besides the support tag in their properties.
People not using loot filters to tone down loot tag size might get a little peeved by this.

Supperior Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance -> Supperior Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support
Last edited by fusurugi on May 29, 2016, 9:13:44 AM
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:

Wtf was the reason for that anyhow? Do you know?

It seemed utterly pointless to me, since most people care more about map ilvl than some arbitrary GGG-determined rank.

Or so I thought. Am I wrong?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Was supposed to gauge the overall difficulty of a map and the potential loot you'd get from them.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:

Wtf was the reason for that anyhow? Do you know?

It seemed utterly pointless to me, since most people care more about map ilvl than some arbitrary GGG-determined rank.

Or so I thought. Am I wrong?

I think the issue was (and I could be wrong) that people playing got used to the game 'teaching' them that if they wee level 50 and in a level 50 area, they were at an appropriate level for that area. So, you have a level 75 player going into a level 75 map and they find themselves getting crushed and wondering why that was. They were of the appropriate level, but because map levels are a bit different than the regular game area levels...yeah.

So, apparently that was a problem (don't know if it really was) and that's why the map 'tier system' was introduced. Personally? I think it was a stupid change that didn't need to be done, but it's what GGG decided.
But how does the current tier system help those confused individuals? That's what I still don't understand.

What the hell does "Tier 7" mean, anyhow?

(In my stash tabs, I label those maps 74(7), because it's the only way I can remember what ilvl that number corresponds to.)

What does the number mean by itself? I still don't understand GGG's thinking here. (Honestly I don't. Not trying to be deliberately contrary.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:
Inb4 next patch contains update to all other gems:

Molten strike attack
Freeze pulse spell
Elemental weakness curse
etc..
Don't stop on the halfway! "Cast on Melee Kill Melee Attack Spell Trigger Support" - sounds great, doesn't it? Who needs that stupid tags when you can just read it all in gem name itself?
E: "Ranged Attack Totem Bow Projectile Totem Attack Duration Support" is even better.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on May 29, 2016, 10:37:40 PM
Map Tiers are stupid 2.0.

This change isn't as dumb. Only makes the game look a little silly. Ground Slam Attack comes to mind. But lets go a step further - Scroll of Wisdom Utility Currency Item, Mirror of Kalandra Expensive Currency Item.

:D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info