[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

"
Noturno0 wrote:

good night djnat . I would like to take some questions . 1 Not Better Than consuming a Bino Dagger ?
2 How to use stone golem on the construction put your not str ?
3 It is possible something to Change Place hum abyssal cry Together ?

1. No. The Consuming Dark gives us a free 7-link on single target fights, because of the free poison. Plus, it has better damage than Bino's and intellect (===> increased ES). Bino is good if you want the poison to proliferate, but for that purpose you should use the poison gem in the ED setup, and it's not a good option IMHO.

2. The endgame gear setup requires Chayula (you can use it @level 20 and it provides up to 16 strength), some passives which give strength (written in blood, primal spirit, the +30 node) and at least an item with +str (ideally a ring) to match the requirements of the gems. The gem which requires the most strength in your whole setup is Fortify (111), Summon Stone Golem only requires 98-100 str. It's perfectly doable.

3. Abyssal cry is a clearspeed nerf in 95% of the cases considering that it requires you to perform an extra action that is almost never needed, considering you combo oneshot packs with ED + Contagion. Plus, on most pcs AC causes insane FPS drops as of 2.3. I wouldn't really advise to use it. If you want, you can weaken the golem setup to find a place for it, but keep in mind that AC requires insane strength and you will have to keep it underleveled to use it.
thanks so much for your attemption=D
can i send whisper to you in game?
"
Noturno0 wrote:
thanks so much for your attemption=D
can i send whisper to you in game?

Sure, add me to friend list if you need.
character name please?
"
Noturno0 wrote:
character name please?

I'm currently playing with Blarghrdu or Tessalonica, feel free to add me.
Hola! Great guide! I am currently playing hardcore and cant see myself getting a heratic any time soon. Thing is i like to play with discipline for extra survival, is there an decent way to be able to use 2x curses in blashpemy, plus the discipline? thanks!
"
Nick_69 wrote:
Hola! Great guide! I am currently playing hardcore and cant see myself getting a heratic any time soon. Thing is i like to play with discipline for extra survival, is there an decent way to be able to use 2x curses in blashpemy, plus the discipline? thanks!

You can try adding the single 4% mana reservation point in the Influence cluster (southwest of CI) plus using a Conqueror's Efficiency jewel.

Then you can go for Blasphemy + TC + Enf + Disci in the Head slot and use a good ES Hubris circlet. Even without Enlighten, you should have about 150-190 unreserved mana for casting. It's a less comfortable choice btw, since you will need some more mana to take full advantage of poison stacking at bosses by spamming ED on them. If you decide to go this way, I suggest using a mana potion all the time.
Thanks alot man! i apriciate it, played this game for about 2 years but never touched a es build so this will be my first! i added u in game, hope its ok. one love
Thanks for the guide, i've played on and off since release and this is my first character to make it to mapping.

Now i'm 77 with 6k es i'm blowing through content, gonna give atziri a try when i hit the mid 80's. My only critique would be that it's painful to level, i restarted once and got to cruel with lightning tendrils before respecing as the twin curses on blasphemy do nothing for survivability until they level up and have a range larger than your characters footprint and contagion without a leveled inc. aoe is annoying.

The dagger is superb though, i died twice on dom and twice on mal in cruel but i picked up the unique in act 1 merciless after suffering with the bosses in cruel, i went ci in act 2 merc with only 1.9k es (about 2.2 after the swap). Dom melted and i wouldn't say i had an easy time with mal as i spent more time dodging that attacking but the dagger shortened the fight by a large margin.
Last edited by Egoish on Aug 1, 2016, 9:52:48 PM
"
Egoish wrote:
Thanks for the guide, i've played on and off since release and this is my first character to make it to mapping.

Now i'm 77 with 6k es i'm blowing through content, gonna give atziri a try when i hit the mid 80's. My only critique would be that it's painful to level, i restarted once and got to cruel with lightning tendrils before respecing as the twin curses on blasphemy do nothing for survivability until they level up and have a range larger than your characters footprint and contagion without a leveled inc. aoe is annoying.

The dagger is superb though, i died twice on dom and twice on mal in cruel but i picked up the unique in act 1 merciless after suffering with the bosses in cruel, i went ci in act 2 merc with only 1.9k es (about 2.2 after the swap). Dom melted and i wouldn't say i had an easy time with mal as i spent more time dodging that attacking but the dagger shortened the fight by a large margin.

Yes, you are right: Contagion / Essence drain don't feel fast when leveling until you get some decent QoL improvements like the inc AoE gem on Contagion, some levels on Blasphemy + curses and the poison to melt bosses. Leveling is the most annoying part of the character, but when you get to lvl 80+ and all the passives / ascendancies / gear slots are in place, it really shines.

Yes, the poison is very important against bosses, it makes your damage a lot higher, especially in "static" fights where you can literally spam ED and mantain 4+ stacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info