[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

Wanted to give you an update:
Lvl 81 soon, 10k ES, 470es/s + ~150 from BeastFS
Resists overcapped for ele weak with the help of two 50% total res jewels - got them really cheap with es mods

Got myself a Breath if the Council with 79% Chaos dmg. 14k dps
In comparison to Consuming. 13,4k

I can tell you two things:
It's a much faster travelling with LeapSlam.
- can travel a greater distance for each skill useage
- you can jump OVER stuff (that alone makes it feel faster :D)

The 10% incr aoe is useful and the 40% incr duration sets my debuff duration from 5,13sec to 6,65sec.
That makes it great for mapping.

For hard bosses I switch to my Consuming for the Poison DoT.

I can recommend getting one :D
Last edited by Slashsummer on Jun 22, 2016, 4:25:41 PM
Hello,

any chance that you guys know if the 40% essence drain dmg enchant affects the DOT? Or does it only affect the initial hit?

Cheers
"
mdswesker wrote:
Hello,

any chance that you guys know if the 40% essence drain dmg enchant affects the DOT? Or does it only affect the initial hit?

Cheers

I've never had the luck to test it, but since ED has got two damage components (initial damage + over time), the enchantment should affect both.
Tried Fatal Toxins yet?
"
Slashsummer wrote:
Tried Fatal Toxins yet?

Yes.

IMHO it's not worth the 3 passive points. It was in Talisman when it gived 125% total poison damage, but now that it's only 70% it feels like a lot less efficient.

It's still good if you plan to farm Atziri a lot.
so im using this build
currently 71
i am unkillable so no problems there 64% evasion 68% phys reduction block+spell block 8k es and rising etc etc

but i dont deal dmg...
4.1k dps 9.1k per second and wondering how u should get to 40000...
i can grab 3 more jewels which would be like 100% dmg~
and 3 dmg nodes for 27% chaos + 15% dmg over time and 16% spell dmg
but thats it... i dont think that would push me to anything over 20k even factoring in lvl 20 gems (3 lvls) and 20% qual...
im on a 4 link right now but tested with tabula pierce+slower proj only add like 5k...

so anything im missing? (would be helpful if ur profile wasnt private :P)
What level is your Essence Drain?

My ED is level 24 (corrupted lvl 21 one + 3 levels from corrupted Empower). And my char is lvl 94 with almost all the damage talents / jewel sockets in place.

Essence Drain

Look at the damage over time table. A lvl 24 ED literally does double base DoT when compared to a lvl 18 one.

Plus, like you said, you are still missing damage nodes / jewel sockets.

And you are on a 4 link. I suppose you are still missing quality / levels from gems / supports.

Things will get better and better when you reach the 6L goal and when you level up. The progress of this character is quite linear, every single piece of gear / passive talent / leveled gem can add up some damage / survivability. Don't be afraid if the damage feels low at the moment, it will go up.

9.1k on a 4L at level 71 is very good. :)

And don't forget a thing: the tooltip damage isn't all.

Look, for example, at my tooltip. The 40k dot doesn't mean I do 40k DPS. Some other things have to be considered: Vulnerability is 33% (36.3% with the 10% curse efficiency nodes from the passive tree) MORE damage when applied, for example. Wither totem and Vaal lightning trap can add some MORE multipliers to your effective damage. :)

Have you already got the triple curse with Heretic's Veil?
Last edited by djnat on Jun 27, 2016, 5:44:36 PM
using 3pel curse yes but no heretics just 300 es helm
got an 80 res 68% regen ring for 4c makes it real easy

ed is only 17 but 16 to 17 only gave a few hundred dmg so from 17 to 20 must be enormous jumps to matter alot (granted i got a 5l now but rolling 3/4 green is annoying as hell)

empower lvl 4 will be impossible would need to buy lvl 3 empowers for 1.5 ex each and get lucky with corruptions... i never got lucky with corruptions with 1600 hrs so dont think ill attempt that :P

and since i got vuln+temp already i think i can compare the tooltips right?

just seems insane that a few lvls + qual + 3 jewels would add 20k dps+ (already counting my 6l in tabula)

u said slower proj is better if u only have a lvl 3 empower still true or should i invest in a lvl 3? (granted i dont think i will be able to 6l if i dont get super lucky with the 6l prophecy lol)
Don't buy Empower 3 unless you really want to try to succesfully corrupt a lvl 4 one. Slower Proj 20/20 is slightly better.

If you look at the ED damage table, you can notice that the skill gains about 11% damage per level in the highest ones.

Level 24 ED (final goal) is 108.8% MORE damage when compared to your lvl 17 one. This spell has an insane scaling with gem level.

When you have a lvl 21 ED, adding Empower 3 is a 23.1% DPS gain. Slower proj 20/20, on the other hand, is 29% MORE + 10% increased.

Empower 4 is a 36.6% DPS gain, so it's still true that Empower 4 > Slower proj 20 / 20 > Empower 3.

The curses don't change the tooltip damage, because they are debuffs on targets, not personal buffs. :)
Last edited by djnat on Jun 28, 2016, 1:38:04 PM

good night djnat . I would like to take some questions . 1 Not Better Than consuming a Bino Dagger ?
2 How to use stone golem on the construction put your not str ?
3 It is possible something to Change Place hum abyssal cry Together ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info