[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

Is this build viable in HC?
I'm currently playing this on HC breach lvl 88.
I'm using double defensive curses: temp and enfeeble.

Still a working progress..

-Izo
Is this build Viable as a starter for the new League? With the new Gem and all...
The new jewel sucks, dont be memed.
Guys, what do you think of trickster noncrit EK?
"
GoDLikUS wrote:
Guys, what do you think of trickster noncrit EK?

No. Trickster has nothing to offer anything :).

"
Aggnog wrote:
The new jewel sucks, dont be memed.

I think it'll add some memes, maybe a bit of clear speed. Won't change the QoL for EK much, but it won't hurt.

"
smileistheway wrote:
Is this build Viable as a starter for the new League? With the new Gem and all...

Yes, this is viable as a starter, and many have used it as one. You do need more gear than say, Chaos Fire Storm to be Guardian-viable, but otherwise...
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Is this build viable in HC? If so, are there any changes you'd make?

Thanks for your work on the build!
First of all, tnx for the work you did on put the build together and all the testing. Also tnx for keep reply to all the questions people send.

In the evation tree i can see you went for the "entropy" dmg over time route at the shadow area, instead of taking the phys dmg.
The phys dmg wont be better? since phys dmg will also scale your poisen (bigger hits = more poisen dmg) or i gues u calculated the dmg over time to be better + 5% increased duration.

Since i assume the duration wins out in term of dmg, i wonder why you dint spend 3 points to get "fatal toxic" for a total of 70% increased poisen dmg, or not worth it?

Also, i been running with double wand right now and warp/quicksilver around instead. Kinda like it, and the dmg for double wand is insane. Its over kill you think? i am on scrubcore so i dont mind i lose fortify, i assume thats the only reason not to go wand?

Also i use the new jewel "ring of blades" and i actually love it. warp in, and 1 shot a whole screen, dont care what side monsters stand on, dont even get me started on how nice it is in a breach :D

Hi there. I was looking at your build and trying to make some sense out of where your DPS is coming from. Do you have any specific numbers? You say millions but how are you coming up with your actual numbers?

On the armor tree, did you really re-spec all those damage nodes that were near the ranger and shadow side?? That's a lot of points!

With respect to the class..Berserker I am surprised that the 40% more modifier and leach outweigh all of the increased damage nodes you missed out on by not going pathfinder or assassin or even occultist. There are also so many skill points in this class that do very little to actually benefit the primary skill which as you mentioned is a spell...not an attack. I'm also not understanding why you avoided so many damage nodes that were with reach...I'm sure you tested them but it is just surprising to me again that a couple of ascendency passives could be that substantial of a DPS boost.

I hope that I am not being overly critical. I trust that you are happy with the build, but I am a bit reluctant to try out a build that seems so poorly suited for a casting skill. The only reason I am considering it is that my pathfinder EK nova build is awesome for clearing maps, but got destroyed vs Xoph. I barely even scratched him whereas my golemancer was able to take him down in seconds.

My tooltip DPS is 71K in my hideout and jumps to 92K with Atziri's promise. I have no idea what my poison DPS is, which is why my original question was how you calculated yours to be in the millions.

Thanks!
"
CMOS4 wrote:
Hi there. I was looking at your build and trying to make some sense out of where your DPS is coming from. Do you have any specific numbers? You say millions but how are you coming up with your actual numbers?

On the armor tree, did you really re-spec all those damage nodes that were near the ranger and shadow side?? That's a lot of points!

With respect to the class..Berserker I am surprised that the 40% more modifier and leach outweigh all of the increased damage nodes you missed out on by not going pathfinder or assassin or even occultist. There are also so many skill points in this class that do very little to actually benefit the primary skill which as you mentioned is a spell...not an attack. I'm also not understanding why you avoided so many damage nodes that were with reach...I'm sure you tested them but it is just surprising to me again that a couple of ascendency passives could be that substantial of a DPS boost.

I hope that I am not being overly critical. I trust that you are happy with the build, but I am a bit reluctant to try out a build that seems so poorly suited for a casting skill. The only reason I am considering it is that my pathfinder EK nova build is awesome for clearing maps, but got destroyed vs Xoph. I barely even scratched him whereas my golemancer was able to take him down in seconds.

My tooltip DPS is 71K in my hideout and jumps to 92K with Atziri's promise. I have no idea what my poison DPS is, which is why my original question was how you calculated yours to be in the millions.

Thanks!

I have been trying to figure out where he got that number as well.

I ran his EK character through Path of Building and with all of the DPS flasks up and frenzy charges/auras the burst DPS is 164k with poison it goes to 478,194.

It is not BAD but there are pathfinders and ass builds that break 4 million total dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info