[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

That idea would work, and might be decent for avoiding one-shots, but it's a LOT less effective HP than Acrobatics overall. If you stack it with Armor, it might work out, I guess.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
It's for HC, so avoiding 1shots is required. Which means I would have to pick 60-70% armour and remaining Evasion/ES + Dark Seer for Blind.

I often find myself getting sloppy at dodging if I doesn't get hit every time. So as long as I live through the hit, I often improve my playstyle. (which is the reason I often pick Armour), so yes. Lioneye's Vision it is.

When you say the evasion version has alot more Effective HP, is that due to higher amount of HP% or simply the way Acrobatics work mathematicly vs hits?

- This was my "first go" at the idea I had: http://tinyurl.com/hukf2vo
=> It has way more life/effective stats overall, but lacks aura nodes, which means I can only run 1 curse (due to the fact that the Blasphemy wont have enough AoE and that curse is the corrupted gloves, which means it has to be Vulrenability (which is the worse one of the curses (compared to Projectile Weakness))

- 197% life + 1 extra jewel slot (6 in total), seems pretty tanky... But again... 1 less Blasphemy Aura. (projectile weakness)
Last edited by LePenseur on Aug 12, 2016, 10:06:32 AM
No real changes for 2.4, still perfectly viable :)

Lost some DPS due to Pierce and Poison Changes, so you can consider using Empower 3+ instead of Poison.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Playing with this build atm. Till i played ur first EK build in 2.1 i still love EK.

I'm just thinking about how does the 40% EK DMG on Helmet scale? 25% only gives 2-3k DPS. Anybody knows the maths behind?

5,5k Health
50k DPS without Frenzy / 106k DPS with Frenzy + Potions

The Poison dmg seems pretty low atm, but never played with poison so - idk.

Also i'm thinking about taking Vaal Pact. Took the Cloaked in Savagery Ascandency because every hit is a savage hit.

Be aware you will barely see poison except in bosses solo, since things die too fast from main damage. And if they're out of range of the Blashpemy = no Poison, so some of the far hits won't Poison without Corrupted gloves.

Don't forget Added Chaos or another 6L will raise the Poison Damage as well.
Another BIG problem, is your Jewels mostly have Physical/Spell Damage, which does NOT affect Poison, while Projectile Damage does (that's a HUGE difference). You lose a LOT of Poison damage that way, and by not using something like The Dark Seer (though a Shield with Life + Spell Damage + Cast Speed is very much viable).

Please fix the shield, as a shield with no Life might as well be a Dagger or a Sceptre for more DPS.

EK Damage on helmet is nice, but negligible compared to say, Vulnerability Effect, since it doesn't affect Poison damage directly. Don't be mislead by tooltip.

As for Vaal Pact, you can, it works, I just like Regen and Blood Rage better myself. If you go Blood Dance, it's more viable, but loses some Life and Acrobatics.

No Vaal Grace / Vaal Haste?!

--

Glad you're doing ok, anyhow! :)
Very impressive this early in the league!

Last edited by CantripN on Sep 10, 2016, 4:35:53 PM
First, i forgot to thank you for the build ;) The first time i played ur build at 2.1, so no ascendancy classes. The leech of marauder is incredible awesome.

Yea didnt get all the projectile jewels atm, i know this is a big issue. Atm i'm just running maps and not trading that much (only selling). But you are right - i cant see the poison dmg because everything up to 10+ Maps is onehit.

At the moment i'm waiting for a bit more currency that i can get my 6L up (i'm about 7ex atm). Was pretty lucky with 3 EX and 2 Divine drops in about 5 hours played.

Dont know if i should take Posion Damage or Empower? Already leveling both, but not sure whats better.

Good shields with about 2x 40 Resi, 60+ Life and 70+ spelldmg are quite expensive (and really rare, couldnt find 1 in the last 48 hours). I only change armour if i get good stuff for more than 2 days before changing again.

I'm still thinking about the enchantment. I dont think its really worth 2+ ex atm. The projectile speed is pretty fun - but not that good with the build (the massive dmg is only in blasphemy range, right ;) ).

So you would take vulnerability effect on helmet?
Last edited by RoxonX on Sep 10, 2016, 5:48:00 PM
I'd go with Added Chaos atm. Less Reflect issues, more or less same damage. Just need no Phys Jewels.

Curse effect of some sort, imo, is the best, even after the nerf. It's MORE damage, after all.

Finished my 6L Cospris a couple of days ago. Wanted to go with Empower but didnt buy it because my currency is running low (just using chaos to craft maps for my group). Also i'm still afraid of the high mana costs with Empower. So i'm using added fire for the moment.

Got the 40% helmet enchantement by a guildmate, so i took that one. Crafted with selffound greed essence, i guess its already "okay".

Now i'm trying to get my Corrupted Winds of Change to use Arctic Armour. Wish me luck!

Atm i'm LVL 93, 6,4k life / 79k DPS / 129k with 8 Frenzys / 160k with flasks. Shredding everything to T16 Maps. Killed Chimera / Minotaur so far.

Anybody else playing this build at the moment?
Best of luck. I will admit I miss playing this build :D

Making an EA guide if anyone's interested. It's not BV, which is a huge plus!

If you're interested for now, look at my char (Wildfirefox)

Last edited by CantripN on Sep 21, 2016, 10:58:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info