[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

Yeah, that looks like a good tree, especially if you value Pierce so much. I play mostly solo or with people that have really strong DPS, too, so I never feel the need. That chest also gives you a 7L, it's not just the Curse...

Be aware that 169% increased when you take 10% MORE damage from everything is actually a really, REALLY low Life pool. Especially with no life on 2 more items. It'll feel like less than 5k life. But hey, maybe the 20-40% more damage will be worth it for you?

You really should get used to moving with Whirling Blades, it's much safer and faster once you get used to it.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
What DPS numbers are you getting at tooltip wise?

I'm pondering running this for the next league and and want to compare the setup with my Standard gear to see if/how it can clear T14 bosses
"
edorian wrote:
What DPS numbers are you getting at tooltip wise?

I'm pondering running this for the next league and and want to compare the setup with my Standard gear to see if/how it can clear T14 bosses

Tooltip is a bad indicator on Poison builds, but I expect around 100k, closer to 200k with all buffs and gear. Maybe more, that's a conservative estimate.

Damage should be single-digit millions.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on May 28, 2016, 4:09:52 PM
It's just about seeing where I am with testing. Just using a level 17 EK I'm at 15k in a 6L so I know that I'm doing something wrong and have to recheck gear and jewels n stuff.

Cheers
"
edorian wrote:
It's just about seeing where I am with testing. Just using a level 17 EK I'm at 15k in a 6L so I know that I'm doing something wrong and have to recheck gear and jewels n stuff.

Cheers

In your case, it's the fact you're not using a Spell Shield (that Sceptre doesn't add damage in the off-hand), you're on a 6L and not a 7L, and your gems are low level. EK really relies on scaling to get good dps, it really peaks with good gear/gem levels/etc.

Remember DPS rises exponentially, not linearly.

To compare, my Scion EK caster (Black__Mage, you can go look. That's equivalent to ~170% Increased Damage on your Jewels, yes, and that's what you want as well as Life.) on a very similar tree and similar gear, gets to 80k dps just with Frenzy Charges (and that's just with 10% More, not 40%, and on a Hyrri's Ire, so 1 gem less). The Marauder not only has the 40% and the gem, he'll have more Increased damage, as well.
If I get the exact same level of gear, and a 6L Cospri's I should have... 150k just with the Charges, for tooltip? Add Flasks, Vaal Haste, etc, you should get closer to 300k.
Actual damage, much, much, MUCH more than double.

And again, this is conservative estimate of top level damage, it might easily be more.

Last edited by CantripN on May 28, 2016, 5:01:08 PM
hey man build looks amaizing, it's exactly what i was looking for, but a few questions:

a) how viable is this as first and only build for prophecy?

b) what can i use instead of cospri ( cause i'm guessing it's gonna be expensive as shit)
"
Radgris wrote:
hey man build looks amaizing, it's exactly what i was looking for, but a few questions:

a) how viable is this as first and only build for prophecy?

b) what can i use instead of cospri ( cause i'm guessing it's gonna be expensive as shit)

Seeing as I've done something a lot like this as my first and only build on maybe 4-5 leagues? It works just fine. If for some reason you wanna make a build for farming with MF first, go ahead, I never do that.

I fully intend to use a Tabula Rasa (and maybe a Tabula +1 Gems if it's cheap) until I can afford a 5L Cospri's. I don't expect this to be that hard to get as a 5L, but we'll see. 6L Cospri I don't expect to have before level 90+. Obviously you have less DPS by far on a Tabula, but it should be enough for most content.

Thanks for the thread, will either be my first or second char in prophecy.
Any guess on (uber) Atziri doability?

Just not so sure about the ascendancy, as basically Berserker is only used for leech and the more damage node, everything else isn't that useful to the build.
"
Servion wrote:
Thanks for the thread, will either be my first or second char in prophecy.
Any guess on (uber) Atziri doability?

Just not so sure about the ascendancy, as basically Berserker is only used for leech and the more damage node, everything else isn't that useful to the build.

That is quite a huge deal, those. Atziri, sure if you're careful with the mirror stage. Uber, in theory, probably not at my skill level.

Last edited by CantripN on May 29, 2016, 6:04:24 AM
Hi Cantrip, do you think the new berserker ascendancy works well for a bladefall variation of your build? Would you change the tree for that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info