6 linking much more difficult that it should be

"
miljan wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

IF linking system will be changed there will be another system that will require long playtime. It will never change becasue of what you wrote in 1st paragraph.

GGG make game, they get money from people who enjoy this type of game. so they will continue to make this type of game as log as it will be profitable.

Listen, you never know what the future will bring. So nothing is 100%. Things can change, and the game can move away from the problems of free to play and MMO games. Or it may not. As said the future will tell.

Ya I can't be 100% sure but based on how gaming market is, it is very unlikely PoE will turn into single play distribution model.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

IF linking system will be changed there will be another system that will require long playtime. It will never change becasue of what you wrote in 1st paragraph.

GGG make game, they get money from people who enjoy this type of game. so they will continue to make this type of game as log as it will be profitable.

Listen, you never know what the future will bring. So nothing is 100%. Things can change, and the game can move away from the problems of free to play and MMO games. Or it may not. As said the future will tell.

Ya I can't be 100% sure but based on how gaming market is, it is very unlikely PoE will turn into single play distribution model.
It doesnt need to be single play distribution model (or to say the most standard version of it). It just needs one thing, payed leagues. If you can pay to have flashback like leagues you can play, the problems with MMO and free to play crap will almost disappear. And you will actually have a game that is not free to play (as you will need to pay for leagues) and doesnt have problems of free to play games.
Last edited by miljan on May 26, 2016, 4:52:53 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

It doesnt need to be single play distribution model. It just needs one thing, payed league. If you can pay to have flashback like leagues you can play, the problems with MMO and free to play crap will almost disappear. And you actually have a game that is not free to play (as you will need to pay for leagues) and doesnt have problems of free to play games.

By single game I mean: game you have to pay to play, so even paid leagues. It will not happen because it is easier to keep game alive by selling microtransactions in free2play model.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
kamil1210 wrote:

By single game I mean: game you have to pay to play, so even paid leagues. It will not happen because it is easier to keep game alive by selling microtransactions in free2play model.

Paid leagues do not prevent from selling microtransactions, both to players that play in the new custom leagues and the ones that play the free version. So dont see a problem there. It easier actually to sell both for more income.
Last edited by miljan on May 26, 2016, 5:01:15 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Paid leagues do not prevent from selling microtransactions, both to players that play in the new custom leagues and the ones that play the free version. So dont see a problem there. It easier actually to sell both for more income.

paid leagues would have very small pool of players meaning players would stop playing it faster. splinting players base is bad. short leagues are waste of dev time. And AFAIK Beta for act 4 (basically paid league) did not leaved very good impression on many players.

Also if you have paid and free version, free players will fell like they can't get full experience, building frustration in them and making them leave game faster.

Blocking part of game behind paywall ($20 to play easy league where 6-link are sold be vendor for 10 alt orbs) instead of playtime (play 200h to get 6 link) is not fun for many players.
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 26, 2016, 5:10:56 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

paid leagues would have very small pool of players meaning players would stop playing it faster. splinting players base is bad. short leagues are waste of dev time. And AFAIK Beta for act 4 (basically paid league) did not leaved very good impression on many players.

Incorrect. Paid league will bring a lot of new players to the game, people that dont like free to play games, and more income. It will make players that get bored of playing POE because of crappy balance play more, and people that want crappy balance can play the league they like to play.

"
kamil1210 wrote:

Also if you have paid and free version, free players will fell like they can't get full experience, building frustration in them and making them leave game faster.

Again not correct.
And even if you where so what? Free players dont pay to play the game anyway, and can have full experience like now. Every 3 month new expansion and similar. GGG will do new league, short flashback leagues and similar for all players. Literally nothing will change. Only one additional options will be added to the game for people to customize the game with past leagues mechanic if they want
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Blocking part of game behind paywall ($20 to play easy league where 6-link are sold be vendor for 10 lats) instead of playtime (play 200h to get 6 link) is not fun for many players.

WTF has this have to do with anything I posted. Was there a league where this was the case? No. Please think a little better about this. I am talking about flashback leagues, things that GGG implemented to PoE.
Last edited by miljan on May 26, 2016, 5:22:19 PM
"
miljan wrote:

Incorrect. Paid league will bring a lot of new players to the game, people that dont like free to play games, and more income. It will make players that get bored of playing POE because of crappy balance play more, and people that want crappy balance can play the league they like to play.

There is more players who play f2p othan players who play pay2play games. That is why:
- many online games that start as membership games turn into free2play model. (and what you purpose is completely reverse of this, your post just show your lack of knowledge)
- mobile gaming market is dominated by free games

Also free players are also needed for game not because they pay money but because:
- they build big community and players like games with big community more
- free2play big player pool make base for players who might pay in future

With no "play XXX hours to get Y" in online game player base will fall very fast after each expansion.
The longer player is not playing your game the harder it is to get him back.
gaming company don't need only $20 but need $40 $80 $160... to run game
that is why having player who play game all the time and constantly pay for it is better than having waves of players and money.

"
miljan wrote:

WTF has this have to do with anything I posted. Was there a league where this was the case? No. Please think a little better about this. I am talking about flashback leagues, things that GGG implemented to PoE.

So why you write in "6 linking much more difficult that it should be" thread? And why you complain about mechanics that make game long?
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 27, 2016, 3:40:50 AM
Getting a 6link on average takes me less then a week every league. And i go to bed at normal times. With the divination cards etc 6linkink isn't even that special any longer. No need to casualize it even more.
"
Miská wrote:
Getting a 6link on average takes me less then a week every league. And i go to bed at normal times. With the divination cards etc 6linkink isn't even that special any longer. No need to casualize it even more.

"Casualize" great made up word there, bud.
Personally, I'd prefer 5L to be harder to get to even things out. 5 linking an item is a joke and rarely ever takes me a stack of fusings to do. It's even more funny considering 6S isn't a challenge, I tend to get it by accident quite often. Takes the excitement out of it imo, same with low tier uniques constantly dropping.
Last edited by EvilWiffles on May 27, 2016, 6:19:18 PM
You already have tabula, you have divination card sets that give you a 6l armor/bow. it s already perma 20q which makes linking even easier. What the hell else do you want? Every time when some casual creates a thread like this(whining about the difficulty of the game) I sigh because I know that devs listen to casuals cause it s money source. Fortunately, Op hasn't donated shit to GGG so I m not too worried about that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info