6 linking much more difficult that it should be

i no on probation enjoy the silence
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Blunthex wrote:
I understand that a 6link needs to be hard to get in a way but it's seriously like impossible for me I guess. I've been playing this game and I have only 1 or 2 characters that do have 6 links and I notice the game breaking difference between a 5 and 6 link. I've made plenty of characters that I ended up just scrapping because a 5 link simply wasn't good enough to balance out the damage and defense needed to be viable at all.

6 link armor of your choice needs to be in the game somewhere and I get there are div cards but still tough to get. Never once seen any incentive to go past Mines level 2 in merc so maybe the reward for killing merc Malichai should be changed to a one time White ilvl 80 6l armor of your choice(Yes, ANY armor type). so that your character can actually progress correctly?

Seriously EVERY character needs a 6 link but it's like the game just doesn't even let you have it and for what? the sake of the market or something? it's far too important to have a 6 link to be keeping them away from players like this with RNG or caring how it will effect the market.

Honestly I don't feel my suggestion is all that bad it would only be normal quaility so basically u only get to roll it as a rare and hope for a lucky roll. All the RNG can still be the same for good unique armors u want to 6l.

it's ultimate endgame item.

every character should have selffound skyforth, shavs and volls devotion?
that's no how this game works.

hope you'll enjoy 2.3 droprates, casul ;)
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:

What I hate about this game is everything depends on RNG. This league, I managed to 6L a Coil within the first week with less then 2 stacks of fusing, I also got 1 Voll's Devotion from Cadiro for 11k coins. Yes I complain because I'm lucky. I think they should balance drop rate, chance of 6L vs 5L so your wealth is more proportional to the time you spend playing the game. Flipping requires some effort, lucky drop/fuse does not. There are some items that are so rare, so the guys who get them become unfairly rich. Imagine you get a mirror and bammm, 10+ 6L for you.
"
13aDa55 wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:

What I hate about this game is everything depends on RNG. This league, I managed to 6L a Coil within the first week with less then 2 stacks of fusing, I also got 1 Voll's Devotion from Cadiro for 11k coins. Yes I complain because I'm lucky. I think they should balance drop rate, chance of 6L vs 5L so your wealth is more proportional to the time you spend playing the game. Flipping requires some effort, lucky drop/fuse does not. There are some items that are so rare, so the guys who get them become unfairly rich. Imagine you get a mirror and bammm, 10+ 6L for you.

sold 7 6ls this league. all within median of 900 fusings in the long run of dozens 6ls with minimum of 1 fusing(oh that sweet 6l astral in 2013) and maximum of 2400(fuck you voltaxic) and average of 1050.

nothing to do with luck, imo. you will always get it. in the long run guaranteed profit per 6l is about 2-5 ex depending on many factors.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on May 26, 2016, 10:11:52 AM
If you feel you need a 6L, you aren't ready for a 6L. Learn to play the game with a 5L, and the 6L will feel like a bonus to strive for. Jump straight to a 6L without learning how to play and you'll be back complaining that 6L isn't enough.
"
Blunthex wrote:
I understand that a 6link needs to be hard to get in a way but it's seriously like impossible for me I guess. I've been playing this game and I have only 1 or 2 characters that do have 6 links and I notice the game breaking difference between a 5 and 6 link. I've made plenty of characters that I ended up just scrapping because a 5 link simply wasn't good enough to balance out the damage and defense needed to be viable at all.

6 link armor of your choice needs to be in the game somewhere and I get there are div cards but still tough to get. Never once seen any incentive to go past Mines level 2 in merc so maybe the reward for killing merc Malichai should be changed to a one time White ilvl 80 6l armor of your choice(Yes, ANY armor type). so that your character can actually progress correctly?

Seriously EVERY character needs a 6 link but it's like the game just doesn't even let you have it and for what? the sake of the market or something? it's far too important to have a 6 link to be keeping them away from players like this with RNG or caring how it will effect the market.

Honestly I don't feel my suggestion is all that bad it would only be normal quaility so basically u only get to roll it as a rare and hope for a lucky roll. All the RNG can still be the same for good unique armors u want to 6l.

tl;dr

I'd like an easier 6 figure salary, make that happen? No; I've gotta work harder for it? Damn!
So many div card sets give 6 link items imo i think its way to easy to get them now,having said that, it used to be way to hard so i dont know, think this is better but it defenitely doesnt need to be even more available then it already is atm.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
So many div card sets give 6 link items imo i think its way to easy to get them now,having said that, it used to be way to hard so i dont know, think this is better but it defenitely doesnt need to be even more available then it already is atm.

This is one of those cases where certain paths were made easier and now some people want all paths made easier, but I dont think its necessary.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I'm what you might call a "filthy casual," but my philosophy on 5L/6L (in temporary leagues) is to aim for the 5L, and if I happen to land a 6L in the process, well, awesome. Cherry on top and all that.

If I was going to play a character to level 90+, I'd go for the 6L as a long term goal. I have 6Led a number of items before (only enough to count on one hand, I think), but I'm by no means rich in this game or particularly lucky. Stack up your alts from selling rares, utilize Elreon and Vorici's mission deals every day alongside regular mapping, and you'll find yourself with a surprising amount of fusings relatively quickly. If you're afraid of RNG, Vorici has the 1500 fusing "deal," but I think it is a huge rip off personally.

Then again, my perspective may be skewed - I played when getting a 4L regularly took 20+ fusings and sometimes went to 100 or more. When my unique (blood dance) came out, I spent something in the neighborhood of 130 fusings just to 4L it. 6L was like a mirror to me at that point in time - I just accepted that I'd most likely never get one. White 5L drops were a good find to me at the time when now some people don't even take the time to pick them up. Pepperidge farm remembers.

Being such a filthy casual that I am, I have not played "red maps" since the idea of "red" maps came out. But I have played characters in maps up to level 79 in the past, and a 5L was generally fine.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
I'm what you might call a "filthy casual," but my philosophy on 5L/6L (in temporary leagues) is to aim for the 5L, and if I happen to land a 6L in the process, well, awesome. Cherry on top and all that.

If I was going to play a character to level 90+, I'd go for the 6L as a long term goal. I have 6Led a number of items before (only enough to count on one hand, I think), but I'm by no means rich in this game or particularly lucky. Stack up your alts from selling rares, utilize Elreon and Vorici's mission deals every day alongside regular mapping, and you'll find yourself with a surprising amount of fusings relatively quickly. If you're afraid of RNG, Vorici has the 1500 fusing "deal," but I think it is a huge rip off personally.

Then again, my perspective may be skewed - I played when getting a 4L regularly took 20+ fusings and sometimes went to 100 or more. When my unique (blood dance) came out, I spent something in the neighborhood of 130 fusings just to 4L it. 6L was like a mirror to me at that point in time - I just accepted that I'd most likely never get one. White 5L drops were a good find to me at the time when now some people don't even take the time to pick them up. Pepperidge farm remembers.

Being such a filthy casual that I am, I have not played "red maps" since the idea of "red" maps came out. But I have played characters in maps up to level 79 in the past, and a 5L was generally fine.

I see you follow the whole "dont play red maps meta"

Seems like you are doing just fine.

At one point they changed linking so that you could actually break 3-4 links items (like boots or shield\weapon) but I didn't catch that part on the notes and spent a lot more on fuses until I realized that you could spam over it, not that that is what happened to you.

As for 6 linking stuff, I've been somewhat unlucky on that, i've only 6 linked 2 items, one was a 6 socket kaoms primacy that I was simply trying to 4 link for an offhand culling strike weapon (so this was like 2 fuses or something) while the other was a quill rain in 7 fuses.

I've invested basically every fusing I get\have in linking items, considering my playtime and my results that actually isn't good at all IMO. I don't necessarily go out of my way to buy fusings though, I'll save up a lot of times and buy a 6 link or pay a guild mate to 6 link something for me.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info