When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't get the loot issue... of course people like getting loot. That's what drives this game for me anyway. Remove the loot aspect from the game and how many people would be playing it?

Nothing wrong with it until its so much more than anyplace else in an area that much derided. Obvious bribe to protect egos. "See Chris ppl love our lab idea"

It's good to see that you purchased the pack funding development of Lab: level 2 :D
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't get the loot issue... of course people like getting loot. That's what drives this game for me anyway. Remove the loot aspect from the game and how many people would be playing it?

Nothing wrong with it until its so much more than anyplace else in an area that much derided. Obvious bribe to protect egos. "See Chris ppl love our lab idea"

It's good to see that you purchased the pack funding development of Lab: level 2 :D

I'm not funding lab. Just because I dont like X aspects I dont throw baby out with bath water.

More good than bad about this game so I have no problem paying for the entertainment I get.

Where is your pack hommie?
Git R Dun!
There's nothing but more Labyrinth stuff upcoming. GGG Loves it and thanks to your donations, more is on the way. :)

(I've already paid for the parts of the game I like)

(At this point, I should begin back-charging due to the ever shrinking acceptable content)

;)
"
There's nothing but more Labyrinth stuff upcoming. GGG Loves it and thanks to your donations, more is on the way. :)

(I've already paid for the parts of the game I like)

(At this point, I should begin back-charging due to the ever shrinking acceptable content)

;)

Funny because I have been begging GGG for a sale on gore pack armor and have yet to see one. And just imagine I am willing to fork over $30 USD for this despite being in a financial situation.

I have no issues supporting parts of this game I like. Labs are a tiny part of this game and labs are super easy.

The only reason I do labs is for enchants. You know what it means to get 30% discharge damage on a helm? holy shit batman. And the fact that I know people hate labs if I do get it I could make a huge profit if I do ever get that enchant.

It sucks you have to pay 10 chaos to do an ubber lab the rewards suck and can't even pay for it.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Lab itself is a bit too long, love uber trials though.
My opinion shifted recently. Lab is a very rewarding content for dedicated and competent players. Some players speedrun ubber lab in reliably less than 4 minutes. For them it is not the same story. Their skillcap allow them to farm faster than never before and do a kind of content that mobilise their brain and dexterity at every level.

The speedrun component is also quite mastered.

Actually I'm really starting to think that lab is an insanely powerfull piece of content. It was no way close to something relevant for the vast majority of the playerbase(myself included) and still lacks some flavor. It sadly gates players with less skill or people with very poor computers/fai wich is wrong imho.

Lab is kind of a proof that GGG do their own things as they please but do things well. I'm sure we will get future quality content upgrades(not only random encounter stuffs) that feels more streamline.

Funcom people should take notes, they always let their games die while PoE survived many years and keeps reinventing itself in better ways each years.
Last edited by galuf on Jul 2, 2016, 8:47:21 AM
"
galuf wrote:
My opinion shifted recently. Lab is a very rewarding content for dedicated and competent players.

The problem isn't the players. It's that the lab completely negates certain types of characters that those "dedicated and competent players" might just want to play. Evasion is completely disregarded for the trap damage. Ok... so we learn not to take trap damage. So then... what's the point of traps then? It's bad design. I don't hate it, but it is content that you learn to avoid. Silly to design something around NOT interacting with it.

Even 20 levels over-leveled, Izzy still one shots me. It's not that I'm incompetent. It's that an evasion based character can't evade the area damage doing 5000+ damage after mitigation. Too much damage. Too much "fuck you, we'll make a game that will kill you" from GGG. Players quit rather than deal with it.

Mind you, there's plenty of characters that can face-tank Izzy and I've played them. He's easy. Unless he's impossible. You can't gate progress behind an encounter like that.

Edit: My post here inspired me to try again: Level 85 LA/FW with self-found gear... not the best, but not shabby either. Trying Merciless Lab for the nth time. Argus fell... not even a problem. First Izzy fell... didn't even need to pop a potion. Second Izzy, 5 seconds in... leapslams me back to town. What fun.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 2, 2016, 9:27:10 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The problem isn't the players.

It's not that I'm incompetent. It's that an evasion based character can't evade the area damage doing 5000+ damage after mitigation.

Have you tried running around him in circles?
"
Applefarm wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The problem isn't the players.

It's not that I'm incompetent. It's that an evasion based character can't evade the area damage doing 5000+ damage after mitigation.

Have you tried running around him in circles?

Yep. I'm not incompetent. But I stop to shoot, or put up a frost wall, and bam. Evasion doesn't do anything verse area damage. I don't mind it when a telegraphed attach can one shot me (~4500 HP). That's part of learning to play. It's damage that you can't avoid that should be cut back. His leap-slam and the green blobs of death need toning down... at least the area of effect part.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 2, 2016, 9:57:33 AM
tbh I made a bladefall miner just so I could bully him
Popping those mines and shredding him feels so satisfying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info