When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
tramshed wrote:
Ive stopped checking the forums very often because of the same handful of people constantly making new threads crying about lab.

Seriously. How the hell is the lab this upsetting? I can maybe understand complaints about lab heavily favoring particular builds, but that's still not that big of a deal imo.

Getting disconnected in the middle of a run is shit, but that's not entirely a problem of the lab itself.

Get to level 60, blow through norm and cruel labs for 4 points. Continue finishing merc, dried lake runs, maps, and throw in your merc lab run somewhere inbetween. Maybe I'll die (SC) and have to retry again once or twice. "OH NO THE GAME IS CHALLENGING ME THIS GAME SUCKS NOW!!!"
"
larkstongue wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:
Ive stopped checking the forums very often because of the same handful of people constantly making new threads crying about lab.

Seriously. How the hell is the lab this upsetting? I can maybe understand complaints about lab heavily favoring particular builds, but that's still not that big of a deal imo.

Getting disconnected in the middle of a run is shit, but that's not entirely a problem of the lab itself.

Get to level 60, blow through norm and cruel labs for 4 points. Continue finishing merc, dried lake runs, maps, and throw in your merc lab run somewhere inbetween. Maybe I'll die (SC) and have to retry again once or twice. "OH NO THE GAME IS CHALLENGING ME THIS GAME SUCKS NOW!!!"

People do not, do not like the lab for many reasons. It is not about it being challenging, it is not for most people. We know how to do it,WE JUST HATE IT. Now GGG cannot say lab haters are the minority anymore and a lot people have very good suggestions on how to make the content better. Your opinion is that you like it. My opinion is that I hate it. The only challenge I see for me is fighting boredom.

"
Ladylunar wrote:
"
larkstongue wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:

People do not, do not like the lab for many reasons. It is not about it being challenging, it is not for most people. We know how to do it,WE JUST HATE IT. Now GGG cannot say lab haters are the minority anymore and a lot people have very good suggestions on how to make the content better. Your opinion is that you like it. My opinion is that I hate it. The only challenge I see for me is fighting boredom.

That's all well and good. I suppose what confuses me here is why people are so worked up about it, saying they're going to quit playing and that it needs to be removed or what not, when really you do not have to invest that much time at all in the lab.

It's simply another feature, it isn't the end game. I think of it as I do the bandits quest. I've done it a thousand times, I don't particularly enjoy it, but it takes very little effort and benefits the progression of my character. It warrants no complaint on my part. Same with the lab. In the grand scope of my character's play timeit takes just a second to do, and I get super awesome ascendancy powers to boot...
Last edited by larkstongue on Jul 1, 2016, 12:33:09 PM
Don't hate the lab... but it did make me switch from HC to SC. I've never enjoyed SC. It's getting harder and harder to justify clicking on PoE.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Don't hate the lab... but it did make me switch from HC to SC.

Same here. That's what I dislike most about the lab. It functions in a fundamentally different way from the rest of the game. The defenses I build into my character end up being completely negated in the lab and by trials. Izaro can one shot characters that would be able to avoid one shots in maps by skipping the scariest bosses.

I just can't justify playing HC anymore, since throwing away characters to the lab and trials in maps feels absolutely horrible. I tried HC this league, but stopped when I realized how much skipping every map trial due to the absurd risk level was ruining the game for me.

I used to love HC, but I don't think I'll bother playing it again.
This is still going huh? The Uber-lab did not help the lab haters case. It turned a lot more opinions positive.

Best of luck on your next 60 pages.
Only because they had to bribe people with loot better than any map did it change peoples minds... Its so such a naked bribe people are building builds that can only do lab lol https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1689240

At the end of the day it it wasnt a loot pinata people would never bother but to ascend.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 1, 2016, 6:01:58 PM
I don't get the loot issue... of course people like getting loot. That's what drives this game for me anyway. Remove the loot aspect from the game and how many people would be playing it?
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Only because they had to bribe people with loot better than any map did it change peoples minds... Its so such a naked bribe people are building builds that can only do lab lol

If you find bribes hard to digest, I can only suggest more practice.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't get the loot issue... of course people like getting loot. That's what drives this game for me anyway. Remove the loot aspect from the game and how many people would be playing it?

Nothing wrong with it until its so much more than anyplace else in an area that much derided. Obvious bribe to protect egos. "See Chris ppl love our lab idea" Well doh? give 1-2ex per 5-10min run most ppl do "love" free shit not the lab,.

They would not even run it if it gave map loot like before.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 1, 2016, 7:17:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info