The Endgame Labyrinth

"
TeamSlayer23 wrote:
To everyone complaining immensely about the addition of a 4th lab - you realize it is not mandatory to run it right?

It's ''mandatory'' like Killing Fairgrave. And probably some people will sell runs.

I think like you. Ascendancy points and enchantments should not be free or easy to get. Expect grinding from Grinding Gear Games!!!
"
Woodcutta wrote:
For me, the issue isn't RNG in an of itself or gating content behind RNG but gating character progression behind RNG. The decision to gate ascendancy points behind RNG is just bad. Unless you make a lab runner, who would voluntarily run the uber lab more than once per character?

I think end game lab is gonna be hard and that you won't be ready for it the moment you enter your first map.

Is not all character progression gated behind RNG? Quests are not but the gear you need to progress is all RNG.

Keeping a map pool past like... T8 or so is RNG and is horrid, but I'm hoping they do something to let someone past 90 keep levelling without hemorrhaging money.
I wish there was an "end game" other than Mapping or the abhorrent Labyrinth.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
NaarJitsu wrote:
It's a grind, it's part of the game guys!
Chris said it himself this wasn't meant to be for everyone! You're not special enough!...

Grinding is not the problem... Grinding, with a high chance of RIPing with one wrong step is.
So what? The option is to only do them once just to get ascendancy? The more you grind, the closer you are to your RIP. Why would you risk grinding lab any more than that when its so easy to RIP unless you are playing SC...

Either HC population is going to decrease further, with people going to play on SC or leaving. Or people will not farm lab in HC, after they have learned how easy it is to RIP.
So the outcome either way is pretty bad, considering what lab was supposed to bring/what it was designed for.
Last edited by RootCookie on May 25, 2016, 12:30:39 AM
Im gonna post some serious concerns about this lab in the feedback forum, I hope u guys are open to feedback on this issue.
where is the "end-game" in this? Seems more like a marketing term to get people back to game than an actual End-game.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/7257403/rdont need to say more...

You poll only proves that 53% voted for 1-5 (they do not like the labyrinth) and 47% voted for 6-10.

It's actually 57 / 43 split, so I think you counted wrong. But even if it were a little closer, there are other ways to look at poll results than just dividing it at the midpoint of choices.

Compare the people that love it to the people that hate it. We could define 'love' as a 9 or a 10 and 'hate' as a 1 or a 2. That would leave us with 'like' as 7-8, dislike as 3-4, and neutral as 5-6 (pretty common breakdown for 1-5 surveys, just expanded out to be 1-10 at 2 digit intervals).

When you consider it like this, ~430 people HATE the lab in this poll, while just ~240 LOVE it. 33% of respondents hate it. That's a pretty big difference.

"
Cudez wrote:
where is the "end-game" in this? Seems more like a marketing term to get people back to game than an actual End-game.

Good point.
Sounds like it's gonna be part of the challenges in a non-fun way,

Curious to see what it is more specifically.

I would really hope we could at least choose what we get at the end rather than run it over 20 times for gloves and boots and over 300 times if unlucky for the right helmet enchant, otherwise it's just gonna be that elite party selling those items for a really high price, simply gating the fun.

Have it your way though.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info