Oldy but a goodie

Holy crap. Just got a reply back about some mechanics questions. We were both not 100% correct and this will change some things. Will post later :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Thread-stalkers: standby please
"
"
"
"
For those ppl who dont know what we're talking about

You can check some comments on 22,23th page in this thread. Basically, I and OP are arguing about:
1. If voidheart is an endgame unique or not?
2. If his 713pdps bleeding 2h axe is BiS for pvp/pve or not?

For 1, OP claimed that rapid decay dont modify poison/bleeding from voidheart (which is not true), but can modify poison from poison support gem. The truth is, rapid decay can work in both cases.

For 2, I can understand OP has to defend/persist on it to do his mirror service, but I refuse to consider his axe is BiS for pvp/pve. Bcz we can easily use 870pdps axe with voidheart to achieve the concept of his build, and we gain a lot more than the loss of a ring slot which we used for voidheart.

I gave you enough time (half and a day) to prepare a new arguement to defend. Obviously, you werent able to, I guess you wont be either.

Basically, It's just an yes-or-no question about if Rapid decay affect Voidheart's poison/bleed or not. You have no time to answer, but had time to remove your "LEGIT BOOK" from 1st page and 23th page (BTW, there's another one of your joke book still remaining on 22th page, you missed it.)

"
Holy crap. Just got a reply back about some mechanics questions. We were both not 100% correct and this will change some things. Will post later :)

I'm not sure if the info I heard is true, I heard you got confirmation that rapid decay will affect the secondary pure dmg of EQ. (Please ignore this part if my info is wrong.)

Rapid decay modify both primary/secondary dot of EQ only if you have poison/bleed (DOT mechanism) on it. But it wont modify EQ pure dmg bcz it isnt DOT.

To confirm this, you can just do a simple test (non dot Setup w/ rapid decay vs non dot setup w/o rapid decay) to see if the flat dmg is diff. No need to be such an alarmist.

"
To help clarify, added this section on the main page:

The beauty of The Hate Splitter + Thoughts on Voidheart (Updated 6/23/16)

The beauty of the Hate Splitter:

1. Rapid Decay only boosts DOT gems it's linked to, it will not boost voidheart's DOT. With voidheart you will not use rapid decay because you will not use poison gem.

2. Rapid Decay 15%less skill effect duration effects EQ skill duration so you can achieve 45% less eq duration through helm mod + gem (synergy bonus unachievable anywhere else).

3. Most versatile - Hate Splitter is BiS weapon for both new-meta Earthquake, and old-meta Cyclone. Why get an inferior weapon that's more expensive and can only use one skill? Versatility is key in mirror weapons.

4. Bleed/Poison cannot deal reflect damage. Instead of investing in raw tooltip like the old beta days, you are investing in bleed which is actually better in terms of damage as well as survivability. This axe is perfect for someone wanting to hit level 100 with 2H Melee.

5. BiS 2H Melee weapon for both PvE and PvP.

6. Cheapest New Weapon mirror fee on entire server.

7. Range and Bleed of Disfavour, with more damage, and Maxmimum speed of a mirror weapon.

Thoughts from 6/8/2016

Lots of people have been hitting me up about this ring since it was just announced last night. I think this is a stop-gap ring to help leveling players progress. This is not an endgame item.

For starting out and PVE leveling, the ring is great - equip the marohi w/ EQ and this ring and that's about all you need.

Having said that, for endgame/pvp, I don't think it would be the ring of choice. I say this not just because I have the BiS bleed weapon, but the great thing about using 2H weapons is you can wear Kaom's. Wearing kaoms/bloodgrip/hrimnors (best build synergy), you rely heavily on your rings for res to stay capped or overcapped. I also feel it is mandatory to be over-capped on your resistances so Ele Weakness doesn't even affect you.

Also, with this axe, you can still achieve bleeding through Spectral Throw and other non-melee attacks that use a melee weapon. Voidheart affects melee hits only. Also, this axe has +2 range on it, which old mirrored axes do not. Old mirrored weapons, the crit nodes are wasted on RT builds which is highly inefficient if you are paying that much. For a 2H RT build, freeze immunity, chill immunity, ele weak immunity, and +2 Range is much more valuable than a bit more DPS because you cannot get those stats anywhere else.

This build accomplishes amazing DPS without a problem. It is survivability you must concentrate on to stay alive in endgame maps and to be competitive in PVP. Don't undercut your valuable ring slot with a flashy new leveling mod.

For example, just one of my rings:

~b/o 999 exa not for sale

140% Res/flat phys/t1 life. Let's just say you're okay with getting rid of the flat phys and 300 life for free bleed/poison, in order to come up with 140% res somewhere else you would have to make serious sacrifices. Also, poison is very nice but w/o linking rapid decay to poison gem (rapid decay's MORE only boosts DOT from other gems), it just isn't as formidable as the bleed itself, and you are better with a different setup.

You could get tons of res on your 6 jewels or other nodes on tree, but then how many mods are you wasting when you could have gotten more important synergy dmg/life and just put bleed on your weapon.

I would much rather have 6 jewels like this:

~b/o 999 exa not for sale

This is your joke book I quoted from 22th page, Ill comment on it.

1. Misleading confirmed. Rapid decay 100% works with Voidheart's poison/bleed.
Official confirmation is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656872.

2. Pointless to talk about this cause you can also use Rapid decay with a 870pdps axe.

3. Misleading again. Why would you waste another 6L in another diff melee skills? (or how could you do that? I see in your build, you're using Kaom heart with dodge chance on tree.)
One more simple question, why would you use cyclone over EQ? Obviously current cyclone is not a thing anymore to against EQ.

4. Agree on that bleed/poison dont do reflect dmg.
But,
If you're pvp, Why do you care about reflect?
If you're pve and having reflect problem, why not just use Slayer ascendancy class?
Even if you dont have a reflect problem in pve, Slayer is still a very nice class for pve EQ.

5. I Agree on your 713pdps axe is BiS only if you categorize it in "Bleeding 2h AXE".
But for "PVE/PVP 2h AXE", Your axe is just a joke compared to any 870pdps 2H axe with voidheart.

7. Well, I have to say, it was SO unwise for you to compare ur AXE with disfavour. The reason is anyone could obtain a disfavour which is 600pdps for only 15~20ex, but they need to spend couple hundreds of ex to copy your Axe which is 710pdps.
To compare more detail,
Atziri's disfavour min/max is 376/504 (aver=440) with 1.39 aps VS
your axe min/max is 344/589 (aver=466) with 1.53 aps.

If ppl want to use EQ, then your axe won't be that significant different than disfavour. Cause aps is less effective with EQ. This arugement is 100% bad for you, you should've not brought it up to avoid it. Learn the lesson next time.

Here's another straight way to prove 870pdps 2h axe beats your 713pdps bleeding axe:

With the concept of your build, you want to use EQ with bleeding/poison and rapid decay support gem with your axe.

So, your setup is your 713pdps bleeding axe with 2 rare rings with 9~15 phys dmg and 1 unique amulet 10~20 phys dmg.
My setup would be a 879pdps Pain sunder, voidheart, 1 rare ring with 9~15 phys dmg and 1 unique amulet 10~20 phys dmg just like you do.

After combining all these flat phys dmg, you will be 773pdps vs me 938pdps. (increased/more phys dmg or ias on tree/gem is neglectable, bcz they're just a constant multiplier in both setup's after all.)

According to PoeWIKI,
Bleeding base duration is 5s, deal 10% of your initial phys dmg.
Poison base duration is 2s, deal 10% of your initial phys/chaos dmg.
lv21 Rapid Decay support gem modify 40% more dot.
lv21 Poison support gem modify 40% increased dmg with poison.

I checked your tree. You took 50% increased phys dot on tree which can buff bleeding dot.

So now, we can finally calculate how much total dmg a single hit deals with both our setup.

In your setup:
773 + 77.3 * 1.5 * 1.4 * 5 + 77.3 * 1.4 * 1.4 * 2 = 1887
you deal 1887 total dmg in ur single hit.
explanation

773(base pdps)
(Bleeding total dmg)
+ 77.3 * 1.5(increased phys dot) * 1.4(Rapid decay gem 40% more dmg) * 5(second)
(poison total dmg)
+ 77.3 * 1.4(poison gem 40% increased poison dot) * 1.4(Rapid decay gem 40% more dmg) * 2(second)
= 1887

In my setup:
938 + 93.8 * 1.5 * 1.4 * 5 + 93.8 * 1.4 * 2 = 2185
I deal 2185 total dmg in my single hit.

Result is Pain sunder deals 2185 total dmg, but your axe only does 1887 total dmg.
(Note that your setup is in fully 6Link condition, but mine is only 5Link w/o poison gem.)

Another interesting result is:
If today I drop Rapid decay gem in my 5L setup, my total dmg will be:
938 + 93.8 * 1.5 * 5 + 93.8 * 2 = 1829
(Only a 3% total dmg diff with my 4L setup vs ur 6L setup.)

TDLR:
1. Rapid decay works with voidheart.
2. Any 870pdps 2h axe is better than your 713pdps bleeding 2h axe.
3. You can only say your axe is best as a "Bleeding 2h axe", but not "pvp/pve 2h axe".
4. Stop being cocky with your gaming age of 3.5yr or No1 pvp ladder. You're rly good in pvp, but that doesnt mean you know more than other players. Just like I never said Im the best in poe market.
5. trash talk time :)
"
Hahaha man, I wrote a legit book up there explaining everything. No offense, but if you're looking to pimp your beta axe while choosing not to understand, then you will not understand.
Please eat them back, and say to yourself. You can keep misleading ppl for promoting ur tressure with your glorious title of No.1 pvp ladder, honestly, you ppl would'v alrdy called me scammer if I did same thing as you do today cause I only have a hateful title of flipper. But I bet some of your fans will still pay the bill. So enjoy it anyway.
"
Without saying the obvious, everyone already knows the deal.

There's people that actually play this game, and people that stand around at level 50 in league and only WTB SKYFORTH WTS SKYFORTH. I'm not talking shit on people that flip and actually play the game - you do you, but IMO if that is ALL you're doing, all you are accomplishing is seeing who's pixelated-manhood is bigger, which in turns shows the true size of the real life counterpart.

quoted from thread/1661070, sorry I cant stop myself to bring it up. I still remember this cause I participated in that thread. All I want to say here is, you can always judge other ppl of doing shit thing from third party angle. But its so pathetic that you can't stay justice When you're part in it.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jun 25, 2016, 9:53:05 AM
Dude you're being creepy.

I have a full time job and a family and this is a game, clearly all you have is your pile of pixels and thread stalking.

Gain a little perspective about priorities in life, but no matter what I say that will not help you.

Post a video of you doing t15 maps with no chest and come talk to me about who has skill or not. I'll be waiting. Take as long as you need I'm patient.

Clearly you feel threatened and/or are bored to tears because no one is mirroring your CoC dagger because everyone fears the nerf train, but then again if you actually played the game you'd know that maps have turned into the "run behind the bv/coc guy" and CoC is gonna get nerfed at some point for sure.

For the sake of transparency, here's my draft I worked on as I had free time but it's not done so don't complain about incompleteness:

Alright, first thing's first: Weekends might be downtime for some, but they are my busy time. Know that I am not ignoring, but some things aren't as important to me as they might be to others, and that I am busy AF with RL ATM.

OKAY

So here's the deal, forget everything we have said before. After asking GGG, here is how Rapid Decay works:

If you can support your melee skill with Rapid Decay, it will also benefit DoTs created by this skill.

EQ is a duration skill, so therefore Rapid Decay (when used with Earthquake) will boost DoT from every source: Voidheart, Bleed from Weapon, Bleed/Poison from Tree, Poison from Gloves, and any other source that gives your supported attack DoT with Rapid Decay.

I was originally told, by multiple people smarter than I, that Rapid Decay has to be linked to a DoT GEM in order to boost it, that's why I used poison + Rapid Decay, and I was under the impression that Rapid Decay was only significantly boosting the poison from the poison gem, and not also the bleed. Until voidheart came out a few weeks ago, no one had tested otherwise and I've had this axe much longer than the voidheart has existed, so this is all still very brand new stuff.

Until Earthquake, there were only 2 other red melee skills that had duration tags, Static Strike and Dominating Blow. Both skills you wouldn't really use Rapid Decay with. Combine a new skill with a support gem you wouldn't ordinarily use with a melee skill, combined with an even newer ring, and of course there will be confusion with some of the mechanics, so this is where all the confusion came from.

So now, what is trying to be discussed is, which is better? Old mirrored Axe + Voidheart, or just my Axe? The short answer is: It depends on what you want.

First off, let's get this out of the way first, Brimstone Bane is #2 old 2H axe with 860pdps, strength and LGoH.

Pain Sunder is #1 with 879pdps and Crit/Multi

So if you are going to go with an old axe and rely on voidheart 24/7, then there's no point in getting a Brimstone Bane. No matter if someone chooses my axe or the best old axe, Brimstone Bane still isn't the answer - Sorry, but that's fact and not opinion. There is no use for Brimstone Bane as long as Pain Sunder is around.

Now that that's out of the way, you mentioned what we're talking about is Pain Sunder + Voidheart Vs. Hate Splitter + Rare Ring. First off, you can't compare a rare ring to a build-enabling unique. That's like saying, "Hey man my Skyforths are better than your tri res boots!" They both accomplish completely different things.

What you can accurately compare between two items is what sort of an effect using said unique has on the rest of your build; What must the rest of your gear/tree contain to make up for that lost spot?

If you wear Skyforths, you gotta get your ES and Res from somewhere else, right? If you wear Kaom's Heart, you must get your res from somewhere else. If you ever use Atziri Step boots, you must get res from somewhere else. If you ever use Devoto's Devotion, Abyssus, or Hrimnor's Resolve helms you must get your res from somewhere else. If you ever use Bloodgrip ammy (BiS Endurance for BM builds) you must get your res from somewhere else. If you wear Voidheart, you must get your res from somewhere else. Do you see a pattern here? You can't have it all, and it depends what you want. Do you want to chase tooltip with a 2H Melee character, rely on a ring that's been out for not even 1 month whose future is questionable, or do you want to hit level 100 with a 2H Melee character? It depends what you want.

I revised my thoughts on voidheart on my 1st page, and reason number 4 about my axe I think I'll post here because it pertains to this:

4. Un-nerfable: Voidheart is a really incredible ring, but what does the future hold? As I post this, it hasn't even been out for 1 month yet, and reddit is already blowing up with people saying Voidheart is OP. Think long term with your mirror weapon. These days, GGG seems to prefer global nerfs on uniques, like what they did with the voltaxic recently (100%->60% global nerf, now no one uses it). If you get a more expensive 870pdps axe that relies on a unique ring, what if the ring gets a global nerf later? What if EQ gets a massive nerf, and you want to go back to Cyclone and don't have the +2 range? If that happened, you would be better off with an Atziri Disfavour, and that would be really unfortunate.

Earthquake is still a relatively new skill, and if there are nerfs in it's future it is the smartest option to have an axe that is BiS for both old and new meta skills.
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 25, 2016, 10:49:45 AM
Bump!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info