Im not understanding current talk of coc/chaos nerfs...

"
Demonoz wrote:

Thats the thing there wouldn't even need to be a an internal Cooldown on COC if it wasn't for the extreme amount of APS a build can achieve. Right now with the ICD COC has you basically depending on the proc skill your running just go for the APS to cap out the 20 proc per second and thats it anymore APS will simply be a waste because you can not proc any more than that. If APS was toned down across the board there wouldnt even need to be an ICD because APS would just determine the Procs but you couldn't even reach 20 procs per second in the first place to even need the ICD. Thats my point im trying to make.

Adjusting or making the ICD higher will only result in needed less APS to hit the cap resulting in people running less APS to achieve the cap and putting that saved APS into other things like Spell Damage and Spell Crit which in the end we will still have the APS problem and COC will still be able to be scaled to a crazy amount. Tone down on APS across the board and you have the choice to either scale APS for more procs, Scale Spell for possibly less but stronger procs or whatever. But it would give more choice than just adding to the ICD which would only result in builds capping out the ICD with even less investment. Basically ALL COC builds would have a threshold to cap procs and scale whatever from there. Which isnt going to really change much of anything. And you are still left with APS having its effects on all other non COC builds as well.

I get what you are saying and for me the conclusion would be that the combination of a fast dagger with free manacost cyclone due to trickster (and whirling blades) is the real problem. (Reaching 20 Triggers per second with cyclone + dagger and insane movement ability with whirling blades)

If cyclone was disabled for daggers then CoC would be fine i guess. Its a fix that i havent come up before, thank you for bringing that up. This would not effect all other CoC builds except the broken ones.
Last edited by zzang on May 24, 2016, 1:57:09 PM
"
zzang wrote:
[

If cyclone was disabled for daggers then CoC would be fine i guess. Its a fix that i havent come up before, thank you for bringing that up. This would not effect all other CoC builds except the broken ones.

Players would used Sceptres for it, then. Or Claws. Or Swords.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
there is even cleaner fix:

- triggered skills CANNOT LEECH
AND/OR
- triggered spells costs are added to base attack mana cost

i see no reason why CoCS are pretty much the only FREE builds mana-wise while being ones with highest cast/s in the game.
"
sidtherat wrote:
there is even cleaner fix:

- triggered skills CANNOT LEECH
AND/OR
- triggered spells costs are added to base attack mana cost

i see no reason why CoCS are pretty much the only FREE builds mana-wise while being ones with highest cast/s in the game.

Well, triggered spells can't leech is just a way to get everyone up in arms at GGG with yet another request to get reflect removed, and the Trickster ascendancy currently negates any cost of Cyclone which is one of the more common CoC triggers, so adding the spell cost to the attack is pointless. Both of your ideas would work in the strictest sense of the word but wouldn't achieve what you want them to.
MFW this Demonoz guy is still trying to protect his OP mechanics. Are you even trying to argue with me or do you just enjoy pretending that you know CoC ? Its also funny how i linked a video proving you can run COC on a tabula with full retard damage and do endgame and you suddenly are in agreement about part of my argument.

Google "Trypanon build" you can easily do Atziri with it which is endgame content equal to doing T12+ maps. Lol, just like i said before with the CoC tabula statement, you dont know what youre talking about at all when it comes to CoC and you pretend to know how the other CoC builds work when its pretty clear you dont after ive already proven you wrong countless times.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
MFW this Demonoz guy is still trying to protect his OP mechanics. Are you even trying to argue with me or do you just enjoy pretending that you know CoC ? Its also funny how i linked a video proving you can run COC on a tabula with full retard damage and do endgame and you suddenly are in agreement about part of my argument.

Google "Trypanon build" you can easily do Atziri with it which is endgame content equal to doing T12+ maps. Lol, just like i said before with the CoC tabula statement, you dont know what youre talking about at all when it comes to CoC and you pretend to know how the other CoC builds work when its pretty clear you dont after ive already proven you wrong countless times.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Trypanon+build

I don't see any aztiri videos.

Also from what I see it looks like any other mediocre build in the game, people act like hitting t12+ maps is hard theses days (actually difficult, not you farmed dried like for 20 hours) or doing normal aztiri. Apparently when nerfing shit in this game people ignore all of the posts talking about how game the easy is in general theses days.

Also people talk about "mana cost" in CoC acting like it would balance the trigger instead of completely killing the ability. 47 mana cost + multipliers for discharge would make it over 200 mana, and you proccing it obviously at least 2+ times a second. It would make it completely unplayable period. It would make the lesser CoC like spamming 3 random spells completely unplayable too because you'll easily have a combined cost of over 200+ mana per trigger.

People don't even know why "CoC daggers are op". The vagan mod on it + daggers semirolling the mods you need on it pretty easily gives you a mirror level weapon for a fraction fo the price. That's why the builds are "cost efficient'. Any shitty melee build would suddenly be "amazing and cost efficient" if you got a free mirror level weapon for fractions of the price.

People have done the math on it, ENTRY level to decent level CoC daggers can be near the levels of a mirror level dagger of the same level. JUST because of the vagan mod.

People complain about "ignoring cast speed" makes it broken, that's the feature of CoC. Spamming a ton of shitty damage spells at the enemy to kill them is what makes it fun. Stop taking the total sum of all good features of CoC builds and all combine them into one. CoC is is a trigger and every spell used with CoC is a different build.

1. Nerf vagan mod to roll twice for accuracy instead of 100% accuracy.
2. Ascendancies are being rebalanced but ascendancies super buffed tons of builds including CoC builds.
3. Voll's devotion makes CoC discharge top tier, no idea how they'll fix that.

Slow but hard hitting spells are broken regardless whenever or not CoC exists or not, this isn't just a CoC issue.

1. Flameblast = nerfed
2. Ethereal knives = nerfed
3. Earthquake = broken still

ect

Slow and extremely hard hitting abilities are inherently broken in PoE because you can get metric shit tons of cast speed or bypass the cast speed in general. Or you can get so much damage on it that you only need 1 cast to destroy the pack you are fighting anyway, making cast speed completely pointless. High base damage = easy to scale damage sky high too.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 27, 2016, 5:06:52 PM
Lots of builds can do atziri and t12 maps.. Wtf.

Coc is in a good spot right now. Melee needs a buff. Ranged is broken d/t pierce and frost wall combo. Self cast spells are pretty good with a solid build. Trappers are a bit OP for atziri and bosses but the cost is mapping is a pain.

Anyone who bitches about other people's builds being OP needs to first play those builds. If you haven't , then you know jack shit.
"
nephilim1984 wrote:
Lots of builds can do atziri and t12 maps.. Wtf.

Coc is in a good spot right now. Melee needs a buff. Ranged is broken d/t pierce and frost wall combo. Self cast spells are pretty good with a solid build. Trappers are a bit OP for atziri and bosses but the cost is mapping is a pain.

Anyone who bitches about other people's builds being OP needs to first play those builds. If you haven't , then you know jack shit.

This. As someone who had a friend play physical CoC with a pathfinder (BV + Bladefall) vs. my self-cast BV, it has its own problems, namely that you need to scale two separate crits--your chance to crit with attacks to proc your spells, and then your spell critical strike chance to push your actual damage and flask recharge rate.

Also regarding LOL's devotion being top tier for CoC, it's easy to nuke that build.

Just give Discharge the Orb of Storms treatment.

Can't be triggered. Self-cast or GTFO.

Done.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on May 27, 2016, 7:30:28 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Trypanon+build

I don't see any aztiri videos.

Also from what I see it looks like any other mediocre build in the game, people act like hitting t12+ maps is hard theses days (actually difficult, not you farmed dried like for 20 hours) or doing normal aztiri. Apparently when nerfing shit in this game people ignore all of the posts talking about how game the easy is in general theses days.

Also people talk about "mana cost" in CoC acting like it would balance the trigger instead of completely killing the ability. 47 mana cost + multipliers for discharge would make it over 200 mana, and you proccing it obviously at least 2+ times a second. It would make it completely unplayable period. It would make the lesser CoC like spamming 3 random spells completely unplayable too because you'll easily have a combined cost of over 200+ mana per trigger.

People don't even know why "CoC daggers are op". The vagan mod on it + daggers semirolling the mods you need on it pretty easily gives you a mirror level weapon for a fraction fo the price. That's why the builds are "cost efficient'. Any shitty melee build would suddenly be "amazing and cost efficient" if you got a free mirror level weapon for fractions of the price.

People have done the math on it, ENTRY level to decent level CoC daggers can be near the levels of a mirror level dagger of the same level. JUST because of the vagan mod.

People complain about "ignoring cast speed" makes it broken, that's the feature of CoC. Spamming a ton of shitty damage spells at the enemy to kill them is what makes it fun. Stop taking the total sum of all good features of CoC builds and all combine them into one. CoC is is a trigger and every spell used with CoC is a different build.

1. Nerf vagan mod to roll twice for accuracy instead of 100% accuracy.
2. Ascendancies are being rebalanced but ascendancies super buffed tons of builds including CoC builds.
3. Voll's devotion makes CoC discharge top tier, no idea how they'll fix that.

Slow but hard hitting spells are broken regardless whenever or not CoC exists or not, this isn't just a CoC issue.

1. Flameblast = nerfed
2. Ethereal knives = nerfed
3. Earthquake = broken still

ect

Slow and extremely hard hitting abilities are inherently broken in PoE because you can get metric shit tons of cast speed or bypass the cast speed in general. Or you can get so much damage on it that you only need 1 cast to destroy the pack you are fighting anyway, making cast speed completely pointless. High base damage = easy to scale damage sky high too.
Lol nerfing Vegan mod would do literally nothing, Ascendancies have nothing to do with COC being strong or not because it was strong before they existed, you dont need a Volls devotion.

Lol trying to say EQ is broken when its what melee skill damage SHOULD be doing. EQ and Icecrash are good examples of where melee skills should be.

I love how one decent melee skill comes out and everyone calls it broken. They did the exact same with Ice Crash.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Lol nerfing Vegan mod would do literally nothing, Ascendancies have nothing to do with COC being strong or not because it was strong before they existed, you dont need a Volls devotion.

Lol trying to say EQ is broken when its what melee skill damage SHOULD be doing. EQ and Icecrash are good examples of where melee skills should be.

I love how one decent melee skill comes out and everyone calls it broken. They did the exact same with Ice Crash.

Yes obviously you know what you are talking about because I just explained that vagan mods give CoC builds the same damage as mirror level weapons for fractions of the cost, but nerfing it would be nothing. This isn't up for debate since it's math-wise already proven that vagan weapons for CoC give you mirror level performance for dirt cheap.

Obviously, your self-cast fireball would feel alot stronger if you got an 100+ exalt weapon for 20 chaos.

Also we aren't talking about whenever or not CoC was "strong". You nerf shit when it's overpowered or too cost efficient, shit being strong is 100% okay.

CoC discharge was strong.

Voll's devotion makes CoC discharge absurdly broken, but without that item it just becomes strong.

Ascendancies have imbalanced the game in the players favors since it came out, we don't need to debate that it has imbalanced also a ton of builds.

Why is mjolnir builds that spam lightning spells as much as CoC with discharge nearly being the same mechanic "okay" but not CoC discharge?

Legit yall because lazy as hell in attempting to nerf shit.

If your metric that "EQ" is decent, then vast majority of CoC builds would be decent too. It being melee has nothing to do with how it completely outperforms any other similar skill period in every shape and form. JUST simply being a "high delay + high damage+ ability makes it extremely good compared to every melee ability.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 27, 2016, 8:25:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info