Im not understanding current talk of coc/chaos nerfs...

-double post-
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 28, 2016, 1:11:54 AM
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
The difference between Discharge and Chaos Conversion is obtain-ability. Making a build around Discharge isn't as easy unless you want to include an item that is very hard to obtain "Voll's Devotion". Meanwhile, Voltaxic Rift, The Consuming Dark, & Infernal Mantle were easy to obtain and gave more benefits than they should have for their rarity.

Thanks to this chaos conversion quickly became the new meta with the easy to obtain and less restricting Uniques. Players took advantage of this over-site to build up what was essentially top tier builds without the required effort.

Discharge may be powerful, but the biggest downside is that it requires a player to build up charges before it can be used. Yes, there are ways to quickly build up charges, but you do not start out with the charges needed in order to get the build going.

With the new Juggernaut passive though discharge may become out of hand and scaled down later on to accommodate the change.

Side Note: I doubt CoC will be "Nerfed" since it does have plenty of downsides to it as well "Reflect, Lag, Obscured Vision, & Reliability"

Technically this is the most correct since GGG nerfs based on rarity/power given more often then now.

Aztiri acuity? Made it more rare.

Bringer of rain? Too common/cheap, better nerf it. (as well as destroy blocking builds for a year and a half)

Shavs = keep nerfing it, then make it 4x more common since nobody used it (and completely kill crown of eyes while they are at it)

Skyforth = Powerful but rare on purpose

For a normal person actually making a CoC discharge character takes more effort than usual for a "top tier build." Unless you have a large chunk of change/trading ability to get exactly what you want right away. As well as read multiple essays on optimizing your character. Yes right-clicking and kill everything is super-easy but most of this game difficulty is theory crafting/achieving your character anyway. It's an epitome of using/abusing an extremely large amount of mechanics and items all together to create something so functional and synergetic. There are tons of levers that can be pulled that effects CoC in general and CoC. Why did they allow people to get corrupted voll's amulet from dried lake if they knew what it was going to do to CoC discharge? Why does walk the aether exists when they obviously know the only crit characters that spam movement abilities to that extent on the north side of the tree would be CoC characters.

Find it almost weird they buff this specific playstyle every patch despite this notion of "OPIE OPIE".

But in general it's a shit ton easier to get together another build, Which is why everyone runs around destroying everything with the easy to build chaos sparks that can be done from level 1, scales to level 100, and easy upgrade paths and gear going forward.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 28, 2016, 1:04:57 AM
Hey, we gonna nerf chaos conversion, but kaoms heart with 1k health its ok leave them as they are and lets call them "legacy", any player can get them...(200ex)... welcome to the hypocrite train chooo chooo!!!!
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Lol nerfing Vegan mod would do literally nothing, Ascendancies have nothing to do with COC being strong or not because it was strong before they existed, you dont need a Volls devotion.

Lol trying to say EQ is broken when its what melee skill damage SHOULD be doing. EQ and Icecrash are good examples of where melee skills should be.

I love how one decent melee skill comes out and everyone calls it broken. They did the exact same with Ice Crash.

Yes obviously you know what you are talking about because I just explained that vagan mods give CoC builds the same damage as mirror level weapons for fractions of the cost, but nerfing it would be nothing. This isn't up for debate since it's math-wise already proven that vagan weapons for CoC give you mirror level performance for dirt cheap.

Obviously, your self-cast fireball would feel alot stronger if you got an 100+ exalt weapon for 20 chaos.

Also we aren't talking about whenever or not CoC was "strong". You nerf shit when it's overpowered or too cost efficient, shit being strong is 100% okay.

CoC discharge was strong.

Voll's devotion makes CoC discharge absurdly broken, but without that item it just becomes strong.

Ascendancies have imbalanced the game in the players favors since it came out, we don't need to debate that it has imbalanced also a ton of builds.

Why is mjolnir builds that spam lightning spells as much as CoC with discharge nearly being the same mechanic "okay" but not CoC discharge?

Legit yall because lazy as hell in attempting to nerf shit.

If your metric that "EQ" is decent, then vast majority of CoC builds would be decent too. It being melee has nothing to do with how it completely outperforms any other similar skill period in every shape and form. JUST simply being a "high delay + high damage+ ability makes it extremely good compared to every melee ability.
You sound exactly like the people who said Mjolner wasnt OP and its hilarious.

Mjolner doesnt proc as much as COC you dont know what youre talking about.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
You sound exactly like the people who said Mjolner wasnt OP and its hilarious.

Mjolner doesnt proc as much as COC you dont know what youre talking about.

Wow good job discussing my points in detail about what makes CoC discharge ( and in general) overpowered compared to Mjolner discharge which is considered not broken atm.

That is also relevant to the discussion, kudos to you.

Ascends about to Mjolner discharge next patch at this rate, too bad voll's devos still exists.

I mean I don't even know why your responding to my posts, I'm suggesting ways to nerf CoC builds in detail while looking at the all of the mechanics and all your doing is going "lol your wrong and I'm right". About what exactly, low effort posts that don't contribute to the discussion?
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 28, 2016, 1:23:03 PM
YEY!!! Let's keep nerfing things, so in the end only 3 or 4 builds will be viable (cost like 100ex to build) and turn the game into a clonewar bs... Because buff the usseles stuff it's think too much... Well done GGG, keep listening the QQ comunity like Blizzard did on WoW and everyone know what happen...
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
The difference between Discharge and Chaos Conversion is obtain-ability. Making a build around Discharge isn't as easy unless you want to include an item that is very hard to obtain "Voll's Devotion". Meanwhile, Voltaxic Rift, The Consuming Dark, & Infernal Mantle were easy to obtain and gave more benefits than they should have for their rarity.

Thanks to this chaos conversion quickly became the new meta with the easy to obtain and less restricting Uniques. Players took advantage of this over-site to build up what was essentially top tier builds without the required effort.

Discharge may be powerful, but the biggest downside is that it requires a player to build up charges before it can be used. Yes, there are ways to quickly build up charges, but you do not start out with the charges needed in order to get the build going.

With the new Juggernaut passive though discharge may become out of hand and scaled down later on to accommodate the change.

Side Note: I doubt CoC will be "Nerfed" since it does have plenty of downsides to it as well "Reflect, Lag, Obscured Vision, & Reliability"

Technically this is the most correct since GGG nerfs based on rarity/power given more often then now.

Aztiri acuity? Made it more rare.

Bringer of rain? Too common/cheap, better nerf it. (as well as destroy blocking builds for a year and a half)

Shavs = keep nerfing it, then make it 4x more common since nobody used it (and completely kill crown of eyes while they are at it)

Skyforth = Powerful but rare on purpose

For a normal person actually making a CoC discharge character takes more effort than usual for a "top tier build." Unless you have a large chunk of change/trading ability to get exactly what you want right away. As well as read multiple essays on optimizing your character. Yes right-clicking and kill everything is super-easy but most of this game difficulty is theory crafting/achieving your character anyway. It's an epitome of using/abusing an extremely large amount of mechanics and items all together to create something so functional and synergetic. There are tons of levers that can be pulled that effects CoC in general and CoC. Why did they allow people to get corrupted voll's amulet from dried lake if they knew what it was going to do to CoC discharge? Why does walk the aether exists when they obviously know the only crit characters that spam movement abilities to that extent on the north side of the tree would be CoC characters.

Find it almost weird they buff this specific playstyle every patch despite this notion of "OPIE OPIE".

But in general it's a shit ton easier to get together another build, Which is why everyone runs around destroying everything with the easy to build chaos sparks that can be done from level 1, scales to level 100, and easy upgrade paths and gear going forward.

"We're raising the drop rates of t1 uniques by 4x as much."

"Oh, wait, everyone's using them to make the same OPOP builds. Oops, let's nerf the item!"

How about, you know, just make Voltaxic Rift rarer? So that someone could aspire to it and feel good when they finally bought one for 6-10 EX or whatnot, instead of making it trash for everyone?

It was an ilvl 78 item initially IIRC, which meant it could only drop in lvl 77 maps (highest at the time?) off of blues and rares only.

AKA sort of a "skyforth: the bow".

And now it got gutted forever.

Thanks, GGG.
oh please.. gutted? get real

it is now 60% reflect reduction instead of 100% reduction. 100% reflect immunity was STUPID and we all should know that by now.

given the patch notes are more than not complete already - there are no other nerfs (esp the frost wall idiocy stays) so there is NO REASON to NOT play voltaxic again in 2.3

it is weaker but it is not gutted (i just love the knee jerk reactions. the stronger the reaction the most broken item gets its nerf).

ggg was very gentle with Voltaxic builds
A ton of "smart" and "genius" guys here... Yeah c mon all of you, CONTINUE in this IDIOT call for nerfs of you!!! -.- This way, THEY maybe will make CoC a SH-T like they have made Spectral throw, and then you will all be happy, huh? -.- Ohhh no, not happy enough!!! You will be totally happy only when in the game, after million nerfs, will remain only sh-t skills like Sweep, i assume -.-

CoC is ultra powerful ONLY in VOLL'S DEVOTION DISCHARGE. And this is totally fine, seeing the exalted cost of 6 link Protector + Devotion.

DOT
I'm glad that they're getting nerfed, this is more justified and not as heavy as the idiotic nerfs on the top and exalt-hungry builds we made from previous patches.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info