Crazy Idea: Add an "Advice" channel. Thoughts?

"
Daiena wrote:

Anything would really help.
As far as i can make out,every year they plan to do one expansion and one major update e/g Ascendancy was an expansion,and Prophecy will be a major update. So every year there will be more content and the game will grow larger in raw size and things to do in it,while mechanically as i mentioned in the previous post,the game provides huge amount of resources in forums,stuff like masters,labyrinths and many other smaller every day things would be beyond tedious to google for or look up on forums,even more so if you've no idea what to look for.

I agree completely.
"
Daiena wrote:

So a heavy moderated chat tab dedicated to new players would be a really nice addition,now everyone knows that there is no way GGG would or could put actual employers in that chat and pay them to sit there 24/7 and weed out the spammers and trolls,however as discussed above,tutors or people with decent chat history could be given the access to mute someone if needed,and to avoid abuse of it,they would be the only ones actually moderated by GGG,e/g if you start going all justice warrior and muting anyone who dares to even write ''Hi people'' would and should end up being stripped of the privilege.
A bot in my personal opinion would be really ineffective as far as recording the chat goes,because at the end of the day how do you make a distinction between a healthy discussion regarding someone's question,and simple spam and trolling.

I worry that people would go full power-trip. I agree that it would need to be heavily monitored, and the easiest way to do that is with community mods, but those mods would need somebody watching them very closely, for a large part of the day, or at least be able to respond to alerts.

"
I'm really excited for this. Great ideas here and good job getting it all organized, Aethroz.

Doing what I can. I love this game and the general community, if I can help a few players, awesome.

"
greeenmartian wrote:
I like this because as a player that learned from the community (as most casual players will) I would like to give back , and having a place I can go to actually help with questions I know would be beneficial instead of sorting through the chat that happens in global all the time.

I feel like many people share the same sentiment, so there wouldn't be a lack of information.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
A help channel was first suggested at the transition from closed to open beta. No luck (since) then, but given how much the game has grown both in size and complexity - I would still like to see this implemented. :-)
This is one of the answers i got when i tried to make /global 101 a real thing.

"
Having an official help channel that we endorse is something that we've heavily considered in the past. The problem that we encountered with it is that it would involve us moderating it quite heavily to: A) Insure the answers are factual. B) Ensure people aren't trolling. C) Ensure that discussion is exclusively based around helping players. It's something that would take a lot of resources and we don't currently have that kind of man power. The other established channels like 820 and 5055 have become established purely through being promoted on the reddit side bar. Once they were established we were able to help out in small ways like encouraging people not to trade in 820 and being a bit more relaxed in 5055.

If a normal hint/tip channel is rejected because of how demanding it would be in terms of moderation, i cannot imagine how your millennial bubblewrapped/asepticized channel would make it through sadly
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Fair counterpoints generally speaking.

A) Can't they just pay Vipermagi to monitor the channel 24/7?

B&C) Go together. We anticipated that this would require a lot of moderation. If they did perma-bans from the channel, that could push a lot of the moderation costs to be 'up-front' and the channel would require less moderation over time.
I noticed a few upcoming changes in the patch notes that seem geared towards new players, including some reworking of the tutorial system.

All good news! Great work, devs. And thank you!

A specific advice channel in chat would still be an excellent addition.
+1

This would have helped me out a lot when I was starting out. I see things like this in other games and it helps lower the learning curve and is a way for new people to meet up and help each other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info