Skill Reveal - Lacerate

"
gickul wrote:
At least give the skill some bleed effect , like 20% .
That's what lacerating means ( pained; wounded; tortured ) :)))
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/lacerated

My thought exactly when I read the skill's name! Should apply some bleed/chance to bleed ...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Impressive skill :)
I love Cleave, so i hope this will be better and fun.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
Great! Now can the Duelist get access to intelligence in his tree? Or area of effect? How about both! Let's go crazy.
Finally! A skill that actually looks appealing for my Dual Moonbender!
"
kot0005 wrote:
No offense but its looks inferior to reave..

Reave can't be used with axes, though. This can.
nice to see a new melee skill thats for sure.

but still nothing done to help older melee skills like ground slam or cleave which is totally trash compared to everything else now.
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
people still play melee ?
Alright I'm triggered lacerate = bleeding :_; why doesn't it bleed?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 19, 2016, 3:15:23 AM
wonder if it has a projectile tag so you can increase the range of the slashes with proj speed
Hmm, so it does less damage than Cleave, but it overlaps in the middle... but why should i use this over Reave again?
Reave covers more area and looks very similar (doesn't work with axes but ok, not a big drawback) - Reave can also extend to hit almost 3/4 of the entire screen if needed and has nice single target too by doing that.

Without an additional effect like bleeding on hit or "maim" (an enhanced version of it) i don't see any point in using this skill over Reave.

It is the same scenario again, like it was in the past with Sweep and Icecrash. You can build a tree specificly around Sweep and do everything in your mind to augment it --> you did 20% more damage and had better clearspeed with the same setup when just switching out the Sweep gem with an Icecrash gem without any drawback or important mechanic lost.
Same thing happend again if we take the Icecrash --> Earthquake scenario in 2.2. Earthquake outshines every other melee AoE skill which is build in a similar fashion.

So basicaly there are 2 melee skills out there which dominate every other melee skill because of damage scaling and, more important, mechanics: Earthquake and Reave

If we look at purly single target options it is clear that Dualstrike and Molten Strike will outperform Lacerate by miles due to eiter pure damage scaling (Dual Strike) or mechanics (Molten Strike).

I just don't see a place for it in the current game, sadly :(
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on May 19, 2016, 3:22:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info