Skill Reveal - Lacerate

My only question here is why does this skill not replace cleave? it doesnt appear to really create much more functionality than that skill. not to mention the fact that cleave still does not have a update to show an increased cleave arc with inc aoe gem/skill points.

I do like the skill, but how is it really creating a new functionality that cleave didnt have before but it is labeled as a new skill? sure it is different with

Love new skills, but this seems more like an improvement or slight modification of cleave rather than a new skill entirely. unlike blast rain, which provides a phys to fire conversion.

Edit: since ive seen a few posts reverencing reave, it is not the same as reave since reave creates a 360 degree aoe and requires different positioning, plus the stacking effect of reave. this skill requires different positioning and (from my first glance) will not provide the same amount of aoe as reave and thus will do more dmg in a smaller aoe

Edit 2: i suppose i should clarify my first edit, reave is a much better end game skill when you have enough dmg to kill rares/bosses and this is stated to be used as a leveling skill in the announcement so as to focus your dmg output through positioning when reave wouldnt be able to clear as fast while leveling.
Hey this is a signature! pretty cool stuff...yeah...
Last edited by websterep on May 19, 2016, 12:29:48 AM
inspired by blast rain? how?
"
Baronfuming wrote:
Will lacerate work with two-handed axes and swords?

Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
Why not fix cleave instead of releasing a new skill?
This does seems to be the M.O of GGG lately...
Lacerate DOES look good though.
Education is what you get from reading the small print.
Experience is what you get from not reading it.
Ranged Cleave. Ok.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Looks neat! Keep up the good work!
Will it function with the off-hand weapon when the main hand is not compatible?
This is a feature I'd like to see on more skills to allow for more choice with the Gladiator ascendancy.
I'm sad that this isn't usable with Claws... Nearly all Melee Skills are usable by Swords, STOP GIVING THEM LOVE!

Claws barely have any... -_-
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
inspired by blast rain? how?

A way to do good damage to a single target and light damage to surrounding mobs.
The sound effect is very weird to me.

It should have a "slashy" kinda sound, rather than a "thump." But thats jsut my opinion. Looks neat
~ Seph

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info