Skill Reveal - Lacerate

Is it possible to make doomsower's 10% added fire apply to melee gems instead of red gems? FeelsBadMan
"
mokmok333 wrote:
Is it possible to make doomsower's 10% added fire apply to melee gems instead of red gems? FeelsBadMan

I just made a doomsower slayer build, because slayer gets pretty op after this patch. Kinda wanted to test out how Lacerate will perform.
Welp, Cleave it is then...
we should riot.
"
Santler666 wrote:
Neat, its reave

Not even close... The mechanics are totally different
Looks more like Freezing Pulse without the damage dropoff and limited to 1 wave but instead scales off Accuracy,Melee Dmg and AoE. Neat.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Why can't it be used with daggers? wtf. nobody is using any weapon type except dagger for melee, cause base crit+speed. Stop this diversity nonsense and make it for daggers so it will actually be used by anyone.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
please to be able to use daggers! ;)
Last edited by drozdolen1 on May 28, 2016, 11:35:12 AM
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
Why can't it be used with daggers? wtf. nobody is using any weapon type except dagger for melee, cause base crit+speed. Stop this diversity nonsense and make it for daggers so it will actually be used by anyone.

Me, and a lot of people will still use it, even if it stays for swords and axes only :)
Last edited by eralduspr on May 28, 2016, 10:00:48 PM
I'm a bit late to the party, but...

I was rather hyped when I heard that we were getting "Lacerate." I thought, "Awesome, a new support gem to allow more attacks to bleed. Heck, maybe it'll let ice skills cause bleeds too since a lot of them are built around piercing, cutting, and so on like Glacial Cascade and Ice Spear!"

I'm kinda disappointed in what it actually is. It's an active skill gem that doesn't seem to offer anything significant, and instead of at least looking like something worth calling "Lacerate" it looks more like "Armpit Blastwave."

I'm not upset over a skill I don't like being added, but could you at least consider renaming it "Blastwave" or something other than "Lacerate?" At least then you can still use the name "Lacerate" if you ever introduce a cold/physical bleed support gem.
So i had to slow the video down to 0.25 to confirm but this most definitely has staggered hits.

New CoC melee skill confirmed?

Two individual aoe cleaves that are staggered from each other and can overlap so two guaranteed hits on targets in the middle.

And in group scenarios it hits in a wave (hence why i had to slow it down so much i needed to see if the entire group got hit instantly despite the animation or if the little explosion from the fire damage moved with the animation, long story short it moves with the animation so you could generate upwards of 20 hits per attack with this in a group of 10 or more mobs so most maps)

Definitely better than cyclone due to the range aspect, spectral throw may give it a run for its money though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info