Game constantly crashing PC randomly...

Hello, it is very annoying that my game is constantly crashing my computer, it happens at different time point. The PC is new, rocking a 980 Ti, 16gb ddr4 ram. At first I tried to fix it by putting the -swa, --nosound, and all those useless commands. NOTHING WORKED. So, to be more clear, I launch the game, play for a random amount of time, 3mins-1hr+, then the PC crashes. (no BSOD)

Does anybody know what it could be?
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2018, 11:19:49 AM
Monitor temperatures?

Sounds like a hardware failure of some sort.

Could be overheating, undervolting, or any other number of things that can cause a PC to spontaneously reboot.

If the PSU is under-powered, it can also cause this stuff.

Without more information it's hard to say for sure. Need to attempt to narrow down the possibilities.
Well, the CPU and the Videocard are watercooled, the temps do not even go away from idle temps while playing the game. PSU is NOT underpowered. I can play any other game on ultra settings flawlessly. e.g: The division. What else could it be? is there a way to check error log or something?
Thanks for the fast reply, i hope we can work this out, i really like the game :(
You can check the Windows Event/Error logs and see if there are any indicators of failure. You'd most likely see an "Error" or "Critical" warning just before the reboot happened unless it was hardware and rebooted before the Windows system could log the failure.

If there is no log, then it is almost certainly a hardware anomaly which is often difficult to track down.

It might make sense to attempt to actually lower the clocks on the GPU and CPU and see if it improves stability. Often times, a lot of the newer GPUs and CPUs have an "auto clock" scaling done in what they call "Performance Mode" which can actually cause instability in the system and cause these types of failures.

Only way to eliminate things are possible failure points are to test them one at a time and see if you can repeat the failure (and hope you have the appropriate monitoring in place when it does).
OK so....after reading your response, I went and took out the overclocking I had done to my CPU, and...DRUMROLL.....NO LUCK....Still PC crash. Please what can i do, i really want to play.
Keep down-clocking to stable, then go from there.

What does HWMonitor say for temperatures (GPU, CPU, Case, HDD, etc)?

What about power? Are all the voltages in the appropriate ranges?
It is still crashing mate, the cpu clock is at stock now, the temperatures are WELL below the standards. please help me?

EDIT: More info:

I looked at the HWmonitor when it shut down:
The GPU was at 42 Degrees Celcius.
The CPU was from 45-51 degrees celcius.

WHAT COULD IT BE???????
please help me, i really want to complete the ascendacy class.
Last edited by rodofrn on May 14, 2016, 12:37:27 PM
Have you ran memtest86+ and other testing utilities?

What is the model and power rating of your PSU?
I ran cinebench, and a number of GPU/CPU intensive tests. Everything was more than fine. The PSU is the Corsair HX1050.
any idea? anyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info