Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

You know it would fix 95% of the pain in the ass that summoners are to play.

You scale spectres down to the area level you're in. No other class has to deal with their weapon being robbed of damage as they enter lower-level areas (presumably to help others).

While we deal with that handicap, we also have to deal with the fact that desirable spectres are hard to come by at levels appropriate for running endgame maps.

Is it that you don't want classic summoners running maps with optimized setups? Is it that you want summoners to have to recolor chest pieces and/or staves in order to switch to different spectres whenever RNGesus tells them they aren't getting those awesome incinerators today?

Why not let us raise lower level mobs such as cannibals (or fire dogs, or gravel eaters) from normal coast and scale them UP to the level of area we enter?

WHY NOT?

Lore isn't an excuse. It's our juice, our mojo that makes a spectral copy of the mob we "raise". The mob only serves as a rough template for the form of our magical power. I mean, we can't even raise magic mobs with their affixes, so it's not the body of the creature that we're using in any way. We're creating a copy and consuming the original in the process.

I can't imagine the programming would be all that different from what's already been implemented to scale them down.
/b
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on Jun 26, 2016, 9:24:50 PM
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2016, 6:03:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes please.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Wow, I always thought they did scale both ways.

Sad to hear that: That really should be fixed.
Seconded.

Please make spectres easier. Also, if you could make them remain after log outs, that would be great as well... I know you can because it works with the Animated Guardian, and disconnects really suck when all your spectres immediately disappear.
Lol in 2019 don't worry.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
bump

seriously? this has been an issue since forever, and GGG just takes in all that fat cash from ascendancy and says "let's add more features" instead of fixing shit that's been BROKEN for years?

ETA this is a better idea than the "remote-mines-like" implementation that's been bandied about. Why?

Because sometimes you want to switch around between different spectres for experimentation's sake. And you dont' want to have to spend 4 hours begging in global to get someone who is willing to let you use a portal on their shipyard map or crematorium in order to get your proper-level undying incinerators back, and you don't want to spend 100 chaos on maps that don't end up panning out. I've done it before. Once.

ONCE
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 9, 2016, 7:31:29 PM
"
joachimbond wrote:
bump

seriously? this has been an issue since forever, and GGG just takes in all that fat cash from ascendancy and says "let's add more features" instead of fixing shit that's been BROKEN for years?

ETA this is a better idea than the "remote-mines-like" implementation that's been bandied about. Why?

Because sometimes you want to switch around between different spectres for experimentation's sake. And you dont' want to have to spend 4 hours begging in global to get someone who is willing to let you use a portal on their shipyard map or crematorium in order to get your proper-level undying incinerators back, and you don't want to spend 100 chaos on maps that don't end up panning out. I've done it before. Once.

ONCE

But now you lost my support. Have no idea how much money they make, or what they are working on.

While we summoners need this change, trying to swing with a "look at all the money we give you!" without knowing their actual funds is just being a dick. You have no idea what they are working on at the moment and while I want this to happen, there are obviously bigger problems that come first, especially with their staff size versus a AAA title. Just because you think it would be an easy switch doesn't mean it is an easy fix, unless you are in fact a computer game programmer.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
joachimbond wrote:
bump

ONCE

But now you lost my support. Have no idea how much money they make, or what they are working on.

Because they never. fucking. tell. us. I can guess... they aren't working on this. If they were they would be at least marginally proud of it, no?
"

While we summoners need this change, trying to swing with a "look at all the money we give you!" without knowing their actual funds is just being a dick. You have no idea what they are working on at the moment

Sure we do, we get State of Exile statements from time to time, and it's usually focused around MORE NEW BROKEN SHIT.
"
and while I want this to happen, there are obviously bigger problems that come first, especially with their staff size versus a AAA title.
Bigger problems like, how to nerf CoC because player x y and z all agree it's OP. Instead of fixing a fundamental broken mechanic.
"
Just because you think it would be an easy switch doesn't mean it is an easy fix, unless you are in fact a computer game programmer.

I don't care if you support ME. I care that you support the idea. I'm just a dick who is fed up with the low quality crap that's gone live (client crashed on the way into first izaro room twice yesterday and have lost the will to play since), and I do know that they're making "some" money because we have new skill gems and uniques coming out. How much isn't an issue. It's the priority-setting that pisses me off.

The priority should be to fix things that are broken that make playing the game more of a torture, not to implement NEW things that will have balance problems (can you imagine any new skill being implemented that DOESN'T cause hundreds of "hardcore git gud" fanatics to lose their shit?) that will then require more man-hours to fix.

Charan was right. GGG has put all their eggs in the "more stuff" basket and they've created a very unstable house of cards out of this game.

ETA: Really you don't know me, and that my communication style is intentionally confrontational when I'm addressing a silent, don't-give-a-damn-what-you-all-say monolith that GGG presents itself to be in this feedback forum.

It's rare that they respond to feedback but they're fucking johnny-on-the-spot to edit a post in which I impugn their programmers/designers' intelligence.

That tells me something.

That tells me that they read all of this, and they JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK what I or you say.

Otherwise we'd hear "Yes we hear your concerns and are working on it" once in a while.

So I write more provocatively in order to see what it takes for them to FUCKING ANSWER.

And I haven't prompted one response yet, except in response to someones' feefees getting hurt, or my words "not conforming to the terms of service".

REALLY. That's all GGG has to say to me and the thousands of other players past and present who are/were sick of whatever issue is under discussion.

really.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

Last edited by joachimbond on May 9, 2016, 8:01:41 PM
"
joachimbond wrote:
this has been an issue since forever, and GGG just takes in all that fat cash from ascendancy and says "let's add more features" instead of fixing shit that's been BROKEN for years?
What doesn't this apply to?

I do think they work on broken stuff, though. I imagine their "fixing stuff" department as the sloths from the Zootopia movie. So far, they've fixed desync. Just desync.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 9, 2016, 8:04:58 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
this has been an issue since forever, and GGG just takes in all that fat cash from ascendancy and says "let's add more features" instead of fixing shit that's been BROKEN for years?
What doesn't this apply to?

Umm... You log in and you have your weapon.

That is a privilege that my summoner characters DON'T have!

I have to hunt for mine for HOURS if i want certain ones, and usually i just have to settle for those noisy-as-fuck revenants, because someone thought it was a great idea to make spectres' strength based off the level of monster that's raised instead of the level of the one doing the raising.

ETA:

If i didnt' have a corrupt chest piece with 2 white sockets the situation would be MUCH MUCH WORSE.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

Last edited by joachimbond on May 9, 2016, 8:07:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info