Give your HONEST opinion on where POE fails in so many areas where Diablo 3 succeeds

If I really think about it the only reason I could possibly see D3's endgame being better is that you can play at a difficulty level of your choosing. The highest tier maps here are not very easy to come by. I've only ever found 1 tier 15 map and got another corrupted one from divination cards. That being said, if you are not a badass player then you don't really need to go into the top tier maps. You can easily apply currency to the lower tier maps and add mods that make them difficult if you are looking for a challenge.

I'm not a badass player and I tend to spend most of my time rolling new characters trying to get better, smarter, faster, stronger, etc. All while finding gear to sell, save or vendor. My typical map session doesn't go above tier 12.

I also like to do the Race seasons to get the alternate art items and to shift focus from doing the same thing every day. I like the races almost as much as I like the base game. They're two different animals though.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
One thing I hated in D3 was Bound on Account items. Lots of hardcore people seem to praise this idea but I really hated it. I would take Auction house over BOA.

It really kills a good part of the game not being able to trade no idea why pros seem to think that idea is so great. Maybe because it makes sure you can never pay for items even via 3rd party sites but it never interested me in what people do in a single player game with their money maybe thats just me.

But I enjoy POE a lot more than D3 but you are right you can select any difficulty in D3 instantly for end game and join any game.

There seems to be a lot more life in D3's characters, the characters seem to feel more alive I guess thats cause its a AAA title and they had lots of money to hire the best voice actors and stuff have great cinematics etc.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
What a loaded thread title. Are you getting paid for this?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
In Path of Exile it's actually fun to make a new character, because you know at the end of it, it won't be exactly the same as every other character you made before it.
Isn't your third D3 thread already in the same week?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Give your HONEST opinion on where POE fails in so many areas where Diablo 3 succeeds

For me it fails only in on area: game engine.

If it would be many areas I would play D3 instead. But I am playing PoE becasue it is superior.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 1, 2016, 3:22:10 AM
D3 looks good .
R.I.P 4.B.
Diablo 3 is better when it comes to alternative levelling... i want to be able to do maps straight off the bat, not some shit quests that bore the crap out of me -.-
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
D3 :

you mentioned the teleport thing to another player , thats a nice feature .

Better graphics ( not important but its a plus ) .

Self found , you actually find good stuff in this game lol. This is pretty cool , but maybe its s bit too much legendary drops in general . Too much has potential to be bad . atm its better than poe imo .

No pay to win : everyone starts of the same ( no ah )

More awesome enemies : angels , demons , the Devil and the Death , you get the idea .

Goblin portal : i find it cool blizzard actually implemented this from the community ideas . Haven't tried it but it looks awesome and fun .

The battles is more epic , badass vs another badass ( not this 1 shot thing that is in poe )

My favorite character in d3 the barbarian looks way better than the marauder ( more Conan like looks )Me being a huge Conan fan this actually matters a little bit to me.

Balance : lightyears ahead of poe . This one is pretty damn important . wake up ggg .

Paragon points : its cool but the unlimited progression is something i dont like to be honest .

Console : d3 on consoles is just amazing , more control with your character than with the mouse , yes please . Poe on consoles would also be amazing btw.

Bound on account : stupid move by blizz , trading is fun , its no trading in d3 anymore .

Story : i never really liked the story in both d3 or poe , but imo the story is not that important in both games anyway , after a couple of playthroughs you rush to end game anyway .

Poe :

The gems : i love the gems . its what keep me from playing poe instead of d3 .

Skill tree : A lot more in depth builds. ( but lets not be stupid now , its not that big of a difference between the games anymore , also because of balance issues destroying build diversity in poe ) But in general poe has a lot more potential when it comes to builds than what d3 has .

In general i like both games very much , but i would like to point out i used the ah way more in poe than in d3 and ( shit droprates in poe )and poe in general is making me way more pissed and annoyed .

d3 : 60 % poe 40 % when it comes to my opinion of the best game but poes complexity makes me play that game over d3 atm .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info