Give your HONEST opinion on where POE fails in so many areas where Diablo 3 succeeds

"
eebertay wrote:
D3 is a shit game for shit people

Fair enough but please elaborate on it else it makes you sound childish. Grown ups who are intelligent don't use the word shit. I know GGG doesn't censor anything here but at the very least please behave a little civilized.

It is this very behavior that keeps people away from this game. This community is known for its toxicity and it does nothing but bad for GGG.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Apr 30, 2016, 11:08:40 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
eebertay wrote:
D3 is a shit game for shit people

Fair enough but please elaborate on it else it makes you sound childish. Grown ups who are intelligent don't use the word shit. I know GGG doesn't censor anything here but at the very least please behave a little civilized.

It is this very behavior that keeps people away from this game. This community is known for its toxicity and it does nothing but bad for GGG.

This thread is complete shit.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
I like D3 but even I think these threads of yours on the poe forum are retarded. Just stop

Your latrine opinion is well appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey it's a shit repost/rehash thread, surprised people are taking a dump in it?

There are always the regular latrine trolls around these parts, its nothing new as this forum is quite opened to anything without filtering so disgusting and repulsive behavior is generally the norm in an environment like this.

I however believe in behaving in an educated and civilized way and I am sure there are going to be the meaningful posts to come as even the worst places and worst countries have those bright people who go onto do great things.

You may continue with your latrine behavior I don't expect better from you but keep it a little more civilized.

Thanks.

"
TriniGamer wrote:

In the end Blizzard removed the AH and made almost EVERYTHING Bound on Account in D3, so believe it or not D3 is actually now less Pay to Win than POE since thousands of people continue to use 3rd party websites to pay to win in POE as we speak so lets get off our high horse about how D3 is pay to win while POE is not its the other way around now.

Second time I've read this from you but you have no proof that thousands of people are rmting. Unless you've done it and got away with it, how do you know so much about it? Where are you getting your numbers from? It's against the rules and will get you banned. How many threads do we have to read where people complain about getting banned for "gifting" cash for "gifts" of exalts?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Apr 30, 2016, 11:14:06 PM
Yes, it's everyone but you right? Great insights.

Shit thread is shit level
"
TheWretch wrote:
Yes, it's everyone but you right? Great insights.

Shit thread is shit level

Wrong, these are just the typical latrine trolls that always troll around these parts I know all of you by name.

The useful contributions will be coming in after the latrine trolls get tired of the basement and go out for a pizza, trust me on this.

Ya I know you too! You're famous!!
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

In the end Blizzard removed the AH and made almost EVERYTHING Bound on Account in D3, so believe it or not D3 is actually now less Pay to Win than POE since thousands of people continue to use 3rd party websites to pay to win in POE as we speak so lets get off our high horse about how D3 is pay to win while POE is not its the other way around now.

Second time I've read this from you but you have no proof that thousands of people are rmting. Unless you've done it and got away with it, how do you know so much about it? Where are you getting your numbers from? It's against the rules and will get you banned. How many threads do we have to read where people complain about getting banned for "gifting" cash for "gifts" of exalts?

Its actually commonsense that thousands of people use 3rd party sites to pay to win just as they did in D2.

Basic research reveals this as a matter of fact, you don't need to be a rocket scientist. Why is this of any surprise to you? there is a black market for literally anything out here even oil.

Your poor attempt to put words into my mouth and frame me for something I have never done has failed, try again!!!

What is it about D3's end game that you find to be really, really good?

Communicating with your party is an essential function in a multiplayer game. D3 did dumb it down by making it so you can join a game and never speak to your party members to accomplish what you are there for. If you want some TPs I have plenty of extra.

You lost me on the importance of mining crystals manually in an RTS game compared to PoE. Are you talking about how you have to channel your character for 3 seconds without being interrupted while doing bounties on Diablo 3??

Go look at the class sub forums to see the real PoE community. Compare that with the class forums on D3. Notice that almost every thread there is asking questions about the same goddamn builds. There are 3 variations TX farming builds, solo GR builds and group GR builds. What was it about D3's endgame that you liked again?

The servers on PoE are not the best, I tend to lag and disconnect on a daily basis at least once or twice. They came a long way in fixing desync though and that is what got me back to supporting GGG. As long as they don't start turning this game into what it shouldn't be, anything like D3, I will continue to support them.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
^ hey yeah I actually agree with you on all of your points, for whatever reason "I am just starting off playing POE BTW" so I will know what end game in this is like in a month or 3 or whatever.

But D3's end game was great for me, though there is a saying I don't know what I am missing if I never experienced better maybe POE will show me what that actually is.

My reference to RTS mining crystals was simply that because SC2 made it more convenient to auto mine crystals after you constructed your tower does not mean the game was dumbed down. It was a rather useful feature that was lacking in SC1 that simply made SC2 better BUT could have been seen as dumbing down. Thats not dumbing down go look at call of duty with 0 Recoil if you want to see what dumbing down actually is.

I am trying to say because "some" things like banners to teleport to party members in D3 is also NOT dumbing down like auto mining crystals is NOT dumbing down in SC2.

In POE the whole "can you please open a portal so I can TP to you" is annoying and outdated. The evolution of this in D3 with a banner to click on and TP instant to the party member is NOT a dumbing down but an evolution of what should happen.

Builds and mechanics of D3 however was dumbing down as all the builds in D3 end up being the same that everyone wants to use or should I say HAVE to use. I get that you can certainly spare me some TP scrolls but my point being this should change, and adopt the D3 style of teleporting. Don't get me wrong I think POE is miles better than D3 even if its just an Indie title but certainly some things from D3 are quite useful for this game. I feel as though the devs kept it so old school and D2 like that they missed out on some things that could make it better.

I feel as though the map could also be better I know it works, looks like D2 but it can be better in a more modern approach.

Last edited by TriniGamer on Apr 30, 2016, 11:37:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info