[3.0] End Game Guardian Support! 90% phys/84% ele res. On a Budget.

I was beyond magicfinding with a party and they didn't need my damage auras. Thats why I went with a tripple blasphemy setup in my chest(Enfeeble, TempChains and ele Weakness) because of the curse effectiveness+the instant appliance of blasphemy curses I feel like the defense my party gets form that is pretty huge. Luckily it is still possilbe to fit one damage aura into the build, even with 3 blasphemys.
-> For you, if you only want to use anger, I think this tripple curse blasphemy setup would be ideal to use. The clearspeed buff from elemental weakness is also fairly strong. Maybe even stronger than the clearspeed boost from the two other damage auras.

Comenting on the'you only need anger': I get the point he is making, but he is missing something big: Aura effectiveness. With a support character your auras are almost twice as powerfull than without aura nodes in the passive tree. Even though they run the auras themselfs, they still get a huge damage boost when they get into your aura radius.

I just looked at your skill tree: You really should take the 6% increased aura effectiveness in the sovereingty cluster. Without those 6% lvl 21 Puritys would only give +8 maxiumum res, instead of +9.
Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Oct 10, 2016, 2:53:23 PM
thanks for the advice..ill will be taking that 6% node..it was in the planning :P

added elemental weakness to my blasphemy now and have tempchain on the ball lightning(that ivve now linked with GMPS....spearing the love around with ball lighting....its fun...

have a vaal haste wich i love that skill :P its hardly ever not up so dont really need the haste skill up and a vaal grace just for those times it may come handy..
Hmm, Could you possibly be over valuing the skill duration?

Your Tree:
ES %: 205%
Life %: 169%

My Tree:
poeurl.com/Ohw

ES %: 257%
Life %: 165%

If there is something I'm missing please tell me.

Haven't done this in practice yet.

As far as where to go on my tree next would probly be the 3 hired killer nodes? For 14% life?

I was evaluating that myself when doing the tree. Before I even had both scion skill duration nodes, but later I decided that one is enough. I think that the 5/6 points on the duration cluster+the shaper noteable are very well spend because they allow me to have Vaal haste almost permanetly up. Without out the 45% I feel like Vaal haste would have quite some downtime and since Vaal Haste is truly insane combined with our aura effectivness you don't want to miss it.

I agree though that your tree is better if you don't use vaal skills.
Going forward with your tree really depends on the gear you have, because you have to evaluate how much life or es you are actually getting out of the nodes with your specific gear.
In my case, my gear has quite alot of life, I went with many life nodes. If your gear has a lot of Es you should probably finish the foresight or the unnatural calm cluster.

Also depending on gear you have to choose between the scion life wheel or the es at the witch start. For me, as I said with a lot of life on my gear, it felt like the life wheel is better.
Finally my guardian comes online (but gems had to be worked on), and I have to say your guide is awesome, I indeed can tank nearly anything in T15 maps, and Uber Izaro feels like a joke (last phase in 4key can be scary, but with slayer in the team he dies too fast for it to matter). And so recently I was invited in some T16 and those bosses are no joke. I am learning and watching vids, but may be you have some advises about tackling them and Shaper?
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
Sadly I wasn't yet in a party that wanted to run t16 and can't tell you about the guardians. I myself only attempted the Phoenix and Minotaur, with my bladevortex, so far. The spike damage is insane.
All I can say is that you really should try to keep up your 5 Endurance charges+fortify for the flat reduction of physical hits. In other regards, I guess it's all about avoiding most of the damage. Good luck :)
After running few T16 I have to say, you are right, it is all about avoiding damage. Sadly, I just can't do it - at least partially because of my internet connection, but maybe I am also slowpoke, hard to say for sure :) As Guardian is about protection and if all that protection is not enough, probably Necromancer is better option for T16. That said, some build still able to facetank those bosses, and for them my support was valuable.
Minotaur seems to be relatively safer one, Phoenix somewhat manageable, death from them was mostly due to lag. Hydra is nasty, a lot of hard to avoid damage, yet to try Chimera.
Also, I have only 6500EHP so you may have better experience with better gear.

Still, enjoying playing Guardian a lot, died once in 20+ uberlab runs (and no, it was not the only time I did stupid mistake/desinced) and in maps I feel like Rambo, especially when I manage to roll into pack first, taunting and cursing them before they burst into whatever my team do :) Very forgiving for bad connection or slow reaction.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
Last edited by JamaDharma on Oct 27, 2016, 10:06:09 PM
I am just wondering...is it no longer possible to bump the threat by clicking the 'bump' button?
Hello mate, first, thanks for this build. I always want a support char but other builds needs many exalteds kkk.
I have some questions and ask for your tips beucase is my first support.

My char: JoaoNeve -> https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/p4ndi0n/characters

I like to activate haste and combo with vaal haste to have the maximum aps and movement for speed farm in dried lake but, what's the best combination for farm high maps? Putting back enfeeble in chest + hatred?

Sometimes idk what auras and curses i activate. I can't activate all auras (except one of three) and enfeeble. I need to put off one aura more to activate enfeeble or another curse used in chest.
You can activate auras and curse? i'm doing something wrong?
I will appreciate some general tips and sorry for my english, is my secondary language!

Thanks for your job with this build for us!
Hey, I am going to answer your post tommorow :P Gotta learn for my exam today

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info