[3.0] End Game Guardian Support! 90% phys/84% ele res. On a Budget.

Personally, so far, I never used Haste because my mates were clearing fast enough and I couldn't socket it in a slot where I get affected by it. It would be possible to socket it in the chest, but you would not get the bonus movementspeed yourself and your teammates would be more likely to run away from you^^

I allways use Enfeble or Tempchains with blasphemy, since those curses are just too strong^^

Adding another answer from this treat before:
"
I was beyond magicfinding with a party and they didn't need my damage auras. Thats why I went with a tripple blasphemy setup in my chest(Enfeeble, TempChains and ele Weakness) because of the curse effectiveness+the instant appliance of blasphemy curses I feel like the defense my party gets form that is pretty huge. Luckily it is still possilbe to fit one damage aura into the build, even with 3 blasphemys.
-> For you, if you only want to use anger, I think this tripple curse blasphemy setup would be ideal to use. The clearspeed buff from elemental weakness is also fairly strong. Maybe even stronger than the clearspeed boost from the two other damage auras.
Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
+1
Hey!

Nice build :)
I've used it as a base.

I prefer using Shield Charge instead of Whirling Blade. You have more travel and you can perma blind bosses with it, plus you stun it.

This is what I've done for the Auras : https://poe.mikelat.com/#k-IIlcKd/9b.8nr/A=fZ.KgXb/9b.g/5Wl
I reserve less life because my I don't have much yet (only 4k), but it still works very nicely.

I wasted so much chroma trying to have RB + RB on the Alpha's Howl, and I still haven't done it :,(
Last edited by DarKMaKa on Dec 19, 2016, 7:44:41 PM
You don't need the R-B R-B on the helmet^^ R-B G-(B or R) Since you can put the purity of ice form your shield into the helmet, which makes chroming is way way easier
Made a character using lots of the tips here. Tankiest aura support I've played, just need better chaos resist.

My gear. Some auras might be in the wrong spot since I switch depending on partner. Generally use clarity, haste, purity of fire, purity of lightning on life and hatred,wrath,anger,enfeeble blasphemy, discipline on mana.
Spoiler
Last edited by kasub on Dec 29, 2016, 11:44:32 AM
Followed the guide for my first guardian and it seems to work exceptionally well for the investment price. Levelled with a friend and we got to merci dried in about 9 hours in one sitting.

I just have a slight issue with survivability in regards to my life pool at the moment. With all auras on life reserved i have 2031 life (from a life pool of 3782 life) which im a bit concerned about because of chaos damage. I have 37% merciless chaos res and am running rumis+fortress for block so i don't get hit that often by chaos hits but i'm just wondering how much HP others have at level 79? I also specced out of ZO as i feel not having regen with 2K hp vs chaos dmg (Degen + hits) isn't worth it.

Current Gear

Current Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAQHBLMHHgj0DXwRUBZvFy8YahmKGjgabBqPHRQdTx2qIvQkqiSwJy8o-ilPLR8vbzW5Nuk6WDrYQ8hFR0ZxSVFJsUyzTlJPBFXGVdZXyVgHW6Bca1-wZOdo8mpDbAttGW-ecLt4L3wOfOV_xoCkgseDCYPbhEiMdo9Gj_qQVZIrkyeVLpuhm7WePKEvogClGKcrp1WsmLQMtQS86r6KwFTAZsHFwzrDbcpKytPXz9kT4YjjauQi6rrsGOw474jwH_DV9tr31_k3-ej60vsJ_QD-SQ==?accountName=Morelli_&characterName=Sty%C3%B3ja

Buffed Def Tab
http://puu.sh/tamHI/9528822523.jpg
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Jan 3, 2017, 9:23:33 PM
Since you even speced out of Zealoth's Oath, I don't really see a problem with 2k life and 37% Chaos. Chayula breaches could be dangerous, or the boss of the canyon map(the chaos degen bird).
If you are playing hardcore it might not be ideal, but for Standard you are more than settled :)
Yeah i'm playing HC which is why im just a bit worried about it. It seems to be running fine however though, i guess it's just a case of me getting better gear/more life nodes but ovverall the build itself seems quiet tanky and is very good and easy for a first guardian
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Jan 4, 2017, 8:14:45 AM
You could also sacrifice your third curse and use a chaos resistance ring instead of doedre's Damning for the time your gear is not sufficient enough to get 75% chaos.
What are your opinions on the "Time Of Need" node on the guardian tree? I'v taken it instead of Harmony of Purpose seeing as i'm only supporting one guy at a time right now and it would just mean i would give him end charges and he would give me power charges. I felt that Time of Need would be a bit more useful in overall survivability for myself, although it being quite situational is a bit of a downer.
~3945 18/12/2023

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info