POE, AKA the game where random guys do GGG's job

"
vio wrote:

so they rely on "community driven development", definitely a two edged sword but one that drives the game's innovations. in whatever direction, hope they still have the steering wheel in reach for emergency turnarounds.

I wouldn't call a carbon copy of D2's trade system from the last century plus a trade window an innovation.

And let me remind you, the shitstorm that was started by whiteknights and p2wQQers when GGG implemented trade stash.

Not only poe whiteknights are notoriously aggressive towards anything that might make the game better, (like fixing desync ect), they are generally hateful towards any "changes".

Remember when whiteknights telling people to learn to play with desync or STFU GTFO and go play D3, but not urging GGG fixing the core issue that is desync?

If GGG blindly listened to those stupid whiteknights, stuff like lockstep and lootfilter would never have been developed and implemented in PoE, and possibly trade stash would never see the light of day neither.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Boem wrote:
You lack tact and have no clue how people at GGG reading stuff like this possibly feel.

So let me just take a quick dump in this thread to represent a symbolic value of it.

Peace,

-Boem-

Vouch.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
vio wrote:

so they rely on "community driven development", definitely a two edged sword but one that drives the game's innovations. in whatever direction, hope they still have the steering wheel in reach for emergency turnarounds.

I wouldn't call a carbon copy of D2's trade system from the last century plus a trade window an innovation.

And let me remind you, the shitstorm that was started by whiteknights and p2wQQers when GGG implemented trade stash.

Not only poe whiteknights are notoriously aggressive towards anything that might make the game better, (like fixing desync ect), they are generally hateful towards any "changes".

Remember when whiteknights telling people to learn to play with desync or STFU GTFO and go play D3, but not urging GGG fixing the core issue that is desync?

If GGG blindly listened to those stupid whiteknights, stuff like lockstep and lootfilter would never have been developed and implemented in PoE, and possibly trade stash would never see the light of day neither.

[Removed by Support]

These are the people we are dealing with here, any educated and sensible person would first be able to understand what the current proposal is. [Removed by Support]

A sensible and reasonable person would say lets have a look at this suggestion, what does it entail, what positives does it bring to the game and its community. Will this finally be a efficient manner in where someone who has a real life can quickly search a Trading House or what have you and find the item they are looking for?

Or should we continue to have a million people SPAM WTS whole day often so fast and so many that you can't even finish reading the first spam?

[Removed by Support]

These same [Removed by Support] are the ones who say we want stick shift force everyone to drive manual stick shifts because its faster than AT, even though it means they are going to be mashing clutch and changing gears just about 1000 times a day in Traffic and going nowhere.

Why would anybody make a carbon copy of a trading system from the last century simply staggers the sane imagination. But GGG somehow manages to accomplish just this. To be fair GGG did say new players aren't allowed in POE as this game was designed for very old school hardcore arpg fans. Same thing S2 said about HON till they went bankrupt and had to sell it to garena despite having the perfect chance to make HON as successful as League of Legends. I sense GGG might be going down the same road as S2 games.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by Rachel on May 10, 2016, 5:22:00 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
We can't have these great things in life because the basement nerds without a life will become upset. Just to show you how stupid it is, listening to the white knights who will shut down any talk about making trading easy and organized ingame is the same as hearing someone say we don't want automatic cars because manual stick shift is faster and superior. Never mind the fact that you will be changing gears a trillion times in the endless traffic and going nowhere.

Someone who barely managed to beat normal diff shouldn't flame players who know their shit.
"
Pewzor wrote:

d2 provides a near realtime trading api for external websites and private indexers to feed from?

"
Pewzor wrote:

shitstorm => GGG implemented trade stash.
shitstorm => GGG implemented lockstep, lootfilter and trade stash

interesting point of view. i can follow your argument to the point of player's complaints driving ggg to put some implementations on a higher priority. or any priority at all.

are they all amazing and totally perfect for the game?

what's with players who can't handle lootfilter scripting but want to maintain and adapt one to their needs? and do mistakes which cripples their game play?

trade tabs
- are a implementation contrary to everything ggg initially strived for
- it accelerated the game for many players who maybe wouldn't want a faster game
- additionally it creates a huge advantage for players who can evaluate the real time data feed to their advantage. is this desirable?
- divides the player base into supporters and non-supporters (which ggg never wanted)

what's with players who can't play the game on lockstep?
sure, predictive mode got improved by them fixing many skills who caused desync but it's still not as perfect as lockstep.

i don't want to say that implementing these features was a bad move, they're great. but with shitstormers putting immense pressure on ggg, we ended up with implementation for the sake of just implementing them in most cases.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

d2 provides a near realtime trading api for external websites and private indexers to feed from?

"
Pewzor wrote:

shitstorm => GGG implemented trade stash.
shitstorm => GGG implemented lockstep, lootfilter and trade stash

interesting point of view. i can follow your argument to the point of player's complaints driving ggg to put some implementations on a higher priority. or any priority at all.

are they all amazing and totally perfect for the game?

what's with players who can't handle lootfilter scripting but want to maintain and adapt one to their needs? and do mistakes which cripples their game play?

trade tabs
- are a implementation contrary to everything ggg initially strived for
- it accelerated the game for many players who maybe wouldn't want a faster game
- additionally it creates a huge advantage for players who can evaluate the real time data feed to their advantage. is this desirable?
- divides the player base into supporters and non-supporters (which ggg never wanted)

what's with players who can't play the game on lockstep?
sure, predictive mode got improved by them fixing many skills who caused desync but it's still not as perfect as lockstep.

i don't want to say that implementing these features was a bad move, they're great. but with shitstormers putting immense pressure on ggg, we ended up with implementation for the sake of just implementing them in most cases.

if D2 was made in 2013 then it would have realtime api as well.
Which game in 1999 utilized realtime api btw? Care to share? which online game in 1999 did it anyways? yup if PoE was released in 1999 PoE wouldn't have api neither, so its basically the carbon copy of D2 trading system with a trade window.

oh in case you have no idea the first ever web APIs was officially introduced on February 7th, 2000 and diablo 2 beta was released in 1999. see your problem? APIs virtually DID NOT EXIST during diablo 2 development...

sigh kids nowadays.

Also most developers release api so other players could develop their shit for them in the first place... same for people making addons in mmo and modding community... thanks for proving me correct there sister.

Yep I think fixing desync and release lockstep is PREFECT for the game... no idea why you don't see it. Whiteknights often argue without any valid arguments however, so I don't see what you see.

I don't see why keeping desync, and keep trading pure 3rd party only and having 3000 worthless loot filling my entire screen was good for poe. Sorry kid, I just do not see it.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 9, 2016, 5:09:20 PM
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Pewzor wrote:

sigh kids nowadays. ... thanks for proving me correct there sister ...

Whiteknights often argue without any valid arguments however, so I don't see what you see.
Sorry kid...

i don't really understand why you keep calling me like this, i'm male and in the late 40's.

and i don't think there are many other games running a public web service which feeds external clients with ingame info. if there are any at all.

"
Pewzor wrote:

Yep I think fixing desync and release lockstep is PREFECT for the game... no idea why you don't see it.

yep it's perfect. at least for the part of the player base that can play on lockstep. that's all i said.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Good evening!

I've had to remove and edit quite a lot of comments from this thread that breached the Code of Conduct.

Please be sure to keep discussion on-topic and civil, whether you agree with another player's opinion or not. If you feel that another player's post breaches the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use in any way, please feel free to report it to us.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
"
vio wrote:
and i don't think there are many other games running a public web service which feeds external clients with ingame info. if there are any at all.

EVE Online has a quite extensive public API. I can't think of any other off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info