POE, AKA the game where random guys do GGG's job

"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Can't find any other game where millions are involved and for which the community still has to do the publisher's job to make the game playable.

This game is based around trading and racing.

The a few random guys own the whole trading system.

A few random guys have to take steps to make races actually enjoyable and refreshing.

What would happen if those handfull of players just stopped investing time for the community?

Solipsism is bad, kids.
I think he Is right, the only Option to trade from GGG Is to post items in a Chat or manually search Threads for items
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Can't find any other game where millions are involved and for which the community still has to do the publisher's job to make the game playable.

A few random guys have to take steps to make races actually enjoyable and refreshing.

What would happen if those handfull of players just stopped investing time for the community?

I can tell you a country IRL that allows this , the USA . Can't think of any games though .
R.I.P 4.B.
He framed it like a bit of an asshole but he's not wrong.. XYZ, loot filters, always online, the wiki( most games have wikis yes, but there's 0 game information available otherwise so I mention it) offline skill tree planners. When does it end? Get your house in order GGG.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
When does it end? Get your house in order GGG.

Well, but that's the thing. Their house IS in order. If I'm understanding this thread properly, you all are simply pissed the f**k off that GGG allowed user-created resources* to fill in the gaps. And when those resources proved to be just amazing, you're also mad that GGG didn't "outthink them," one-up them, or issue an apology/we'll do better-sorta thing?

I'm so confused.

So basically you all are the Developer-Nazi's, here to offer GGG your notes.

And I'm assuming you're posting this before logging in to play that game?

All of your sense of entitlement is the size of Texas. Calm down. Go play.

*See also: Diablo 2, Torchlight, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Planescape: Torment, MedianXL(yeah, even BrotherLaz thanked a modder for modding his mod, Yo dawg). I'm done.
Last edited by Scotchfist on Apr 30, 2016, 7:47:37 PM
"

What would happen if they havn't done all of that for PoE ?

The tools creation isn't the problem all games have members involved in adding tools / translations / maintaining a gamepedia etc ... And it's more than welcome !

The only thing that matter for now is the last explanations from Chris about going for competitive PvE ( see last podcast ).

There arn't any recognized competitive game allowing players to use softwares that arn't enabled and available for EVERY competitive members during their competition wich is normal or it would be allowing cheats basicaly.

Now that beeing said i wonder:

1/ Which kind of PvE competition GGG want ? One with rules / limits in use of tools / denying some tools ?
If yes how they are going to handle that ?

2/ Or if we are going to just have a fun competition at all without much official rules and the door open to all excess ?

What do you all expect ? i'm curious.
Hf :)
Oh I dunno, maybe an official trading system for a game centered around an economy? Too much to ask?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 30, 2016, 9:32:00 PM
The game is free, boy
The game does exist OP. It's called "The Long Con" and all supporters have fallen for it.

Oops forgot to remove Supporter Tags, change forum avatar to default and request an account name change. Oh wells...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
game mods

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info