|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

"
Piechol wrote:
2.6 Area of Effect Changes
All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns.

how much aoe we lose ? .... i was rdy doing this build but if aoe will be 50% less there is no point doing this build :/ ehhh ggg
I expect Cyclone builds to be less affected than most, actually. Disfavour Cyclone gets a lot of "+x to weapon range", which is unaffected by the nerf. That said, with the amount of iAOE this build stacks, it will be nerfed to some extent, but we'll have to wait on the patch notes to see how much.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
End of the league, I actually managed to pull this build off with a bit of luck.

Flasks:

None of my gear is optimized, Jewels were far from optimized, and did a slightly different spin on the Passive Tree.

Don't have as much tooltip DPS standing in Hideout as the others people.

At times I swap out the Decoy Totem or Herald of Ash in favor for Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark (When I'm too lazy to press flasks). Never needed the Elemental Proliferation.

Had a Vaal Cyclone since I was usually in a party, and it makes Breaches really funny.

Missing the proper helm enchant, and went for Brutal Fervor instead of Deaths' Door + Impact.

Results:

6066 HP only (T_T)
~72k DPS in Hideout w/ Inc AOE + HoA
133% Inc AOE with everything up.

Killed Minotaur, Hydra and Phoenix, even with + Life and damage mods (I skipped all Temp Chains and Enfeeble maps). Minotaur takes 2-6 portals, Phoenix can take 2-6 depending on my luck with the Fire Tornados, and Hydra can be done with no need to portal, but bad luck can take 6 portals.

All Breachlords bopped and dead.

Can't do Chimera cause I'm a scrub. (Flask upkeeps were too rough, and I didnt use Vaal Breach)

Didnt bother with Shaper.
----

Thank you, Dakoos, for a fun build. It's quite satisfying to see packs of trash melt in milliseconds, while being on the move. Took me quite a while to get the Retch and the Disfavour (I used the Brain Rattler for quite some time), but in the end, it paid off.

Cheers.
"
Sentilial wrote:
End of the league, I actually managed to pull this build off with a bit of luck.

Flasks:

None of my gear is optimized, Jewels were far from optimized, and did a slightly different spin on the Passive Tree.

Don't have as much tooltip DPS standing in Hideout as the others people.

At times I swap out the Decoy Totem or Herald of Ash in favor for Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark (When I'm too lazy to press flasks). Never needed the Elemental Proliferation.

Had a Vaal Cyclone since I was usually in a party, and it makes Breaches really funny.

Missing the proper helm enchant, and went for Brutal Fervor instead of Deaths' Door + Impact.

Results:

6066 HP only (T_T)
~72k DPS in Hideout w/ Inc AOE + HoA
133% Inc AOE with everything up.

Killed Minotaur, Hydra and Phoenix, even with + Life and damage mods (I skipped all Temp Chains and Enfeeble maps). Minotaur takes 2-6 portals, Phoenix can take 2-6 depending on my luck with the Fire Tornados, and Hydra can be done with no need to portal, but bad luck can take 6 portals.

All Breachlords bopped and dead.

Can't do Chimera cause I'm a scrub. (Flask upkeeps were too rough, and I didnt use Vaal Breach)

Didnt bother with Shaper.
----

Thank you, Dakoos, for a fun build. It's quite satisfying to see packs of trash melt in milliseconds, while being on the move. Took me quite a while to get the Retch and the Disfavour (I used the Brain Rattler for quite some time), but in the end, it paid off.

Cheers.

Hey I am interested to know that "different spin on the passive tree" you mentioned, and I am still using a brain rattler, why do you say that getting Disfavour paid off? would you be so kind and check the dps difference with that same setup but with brain rattler instead of disfavour? that is if you still have the mace. I have 42k dps in Ho with inc aoe, HoA and Hatred. I am sure there is something i am missing.

Thank you
Tought about how they fucked us up as we heavily invest into AoE nodes ?
"
SemtexVa wrote:

Hey I am interested to know that "different spin on the passive tree" you mentioned, and I am still using a brain rattler, why do you say that getting Disfavour paid off? would you be so kind and check the dps difference with that same setup but with brain rattler instead of disfavour? that is if you still have the mace. I have 42k dps in Ho with inc aoe, HoA and Hatred. I am sure there is something i am missing.

Thank you

For my passive tree, I went for more Damage nodes as opposed to Attack Speed nodes, and grabbed a bit more life nodes. I also used an Intuitive Leap at the Scion Jewel node instead of spending 3 more points, although this can potentially bite me in the ass if I reach a higher level; a proper Jewel can easily beat out 3 passive points (at least 3 that does nothing).

I used the Brain Rattler for a while, and without the proper Jewels and nodes, it falls short in damage greatly. You also need a different Vessel of Vinktar for the Brain Rattler, since you're full lightning now.

My gloves had Attack Speed and bonus Melee Damage, so that's one of the main differences. You also don't have a Daresso's Defiance, as that adds a very nice damage boost, as well as utility in the form of bonus Range.

I don't see the need of the Rumi's. You should get yourself a Grounding Flask, otherwise Vessel of Vinktar's self shock can kill you.

I can't really compare damage as it is, since my Jewels are different now, and I respec'd into Axe nodes now. IIRC, when I used the Brain Rattler, I had about 36k Tooltip only; I have a weaker Brain Rattler than you, and you have bonus lightning damage on your jewelry. Also. my Rattler was only a 5 Link. I didn't have Elemental Focus. And that is without Herald of Ash (I used Warlord's when I was using a Brain Rattler). I also have the conversion Vinktar, since I bought that one first and stuck with it, so in essence, once I pop Vinktar, it did nothing but give me leech, since I was already at full Lightning conversion.

Plus, I can't see your passive tree; your Character tab is hidden.
Very fun build. Spent most time of the league playing with it. Very fast clear speed due to amazing AoE, 140%+ movement speed and damage enough to take down guardians in 10-20 seconds. No problem at all.

Thank you Darkoos for this amazing guide. Looking forward for the Legacy league (and hopefully, getting a legacy Vinktar in it).

The current gear:
Spoiler

Swapped Dying Sun for another Vinktar for guardians / Shaper / Uber Atziri, to save up portals. I did not use Death's Door because my boots elemental capped me without flasks, so I took Brutal Fervour instead of Impact for bleed immunity (mana leech on jewel).
Other than that, everything was the same.

Thanks again. Peace.
Last edited by JhonnyZ on Feb 28, 2017, 12:56:32 AM
can some1 with this build show how sweep looks like ? or send me priv msg we contact in game i wanna test something for new league

because cyclone will be like 25-30 max aoe range 2.6 but sweep have 26 base and got +1 radius per 5 lvl so +4 on 20lvl gem which is total of 30 base range just add aoe / 160-180%now is like 80% 2.6 so it's like 54 range pretty aoe right there
IGN : Piechol

Pc specs:
i7 6700k 4,5GHz / 32gb G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz / Asus Maximus VIII Formula / Asus Gtx 1080 TI / Corsair RM1000i / Samsung SSD 500gb 850 Evo / Case Corsair Graphite T780 / Corsair H115i / Windows 10 x64
Last edited by Piechol on Feb 28, 2017, 3:54:17 AM
hey first of all this build looks amazing!
im thinking on playing this (leap-version) in 2.6 but i wanted to ask two things:
1. is this still playable after all the aoe nerfs? would you still suggest it?
2. they changed a old amulet to "Carnage Heart: No longer has Reduced Life or Reduced Energy Shield. Now has 30-40% Increased Damage While Leeching. Now has Increased Life Leech Rate of 50%." should we use it in 2.6?

GGG will release the new skilltree today (in couple hours i believe) could you update the build before 2.6 for me please?

thank you
Last edited by sixkay on Mar 1, 2017, 4:59:53 PM
so, i made this character in legacy league. it's pitiful. can't even run lake properly with it. rip this build, will be switching to cospri's+heretic veil curse+poison+bleed w/ disfavor.

for the record i did everything right, here's my gear and stuff.

wouldnt have been so bad if the aoe wasnt pitiful. tried leapslam and it was even worse than static strike.
i tried this build and the dmg is crazy good with vinktars up. even the craziest essence bosses is no problem but the aoe nerfs did hit it hard. i choose sweep because of the sweep aoe increases per lvl and its still too small. i wouldnt suggest the build in the current state its not enjoyable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info