|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

So is this build still viable in highend maps ?
"
sneakys wrote:
So is this build still viable in highend maps ?

So far I managed to do Maze of the Minotaur.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
So here is with a Level 78 Character (so loads more to go, especially on life and jewels. The Jewels make the big difference)

Testing out Melee on Full Life (like level 4 or something) and Swift Affliction (thanks to YT comments for letting me know on that one)

Map a shaped Arachnid Tomb

(NEVER STOP CYCLONING!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT2jSJ-vKMc&
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Aug 14, 2017, 11:24:22 AM
Naturally I had a few deaths getting used to this again after so long without being 50 AoE.

My results so far have been for 3.0, that the Scion nodes are less useful than taking life nodes so I've altered the tree, here's my development of the tree through PoB (video is a live draft as I don't have a mic or video editing skills, eitherway blow me. Follow the vid, it'll somewhat make sense)

There are a few error's but it roughly follows this method of
*Attack Damage
*Life
*Attack Speed
*Attack Damage
*Res
*Life
*Attack Damage
*Attack Damage
*AoE
*Res
*AoE
*Flasks
*AoE
*Movement Speed
*Life

Maybe one day I'll get a mic but until then I shall have to signal through mouse movements (to my previous video's I hadn't claimed uber lab for the final 20% AoE which will make either Herald of Ash or Herald of Ice even sexier (ice with the gloom is erection giving)

When I either get a mic sorted or spend the time to do the chapter by chapter testing that Dakoos did in the OP there will be individual skill tests etc. But considering how much Cyclone was buffed back into the meta with the pathing and radius buffs I think short of Static Strike with the Beserking nodes, it is pretty much still king. Just swap out Ele Focus for Conc Effect, or if you got the currency to have a hot swap Disfavour, then swap out Melee Phys (it's slightly better according to my PoB setup)

The Brain rattler variant then the tree of Dakoos' still applies, just drop the Scion AoE and use those extra points for life or Res or if you can score it good (if so let us know) more deeps

Edit: The vid's processing right now but here's the PoB walkthru. Enjoy mofuckas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hWY1Ytr8L0&

------------------------------------------------------

Addendum:

So for levelling in Harbinger I've gone with a
Dual wield Axe into The Princess with Cleave to Level 28
(Jewels are Warlord's Reach on the right and Overwhelming Odds on the left)

Usual levelling bollocks, Meginord's on belt, Carnage Heart on Amulet (which other than Daresso's Salute is top tier for this build, especially when Slayer Ascendancy kicks in) Lochtonial on gloves, Wanderlust on boots, Res armour roll (sockets dont matter here)

Use some Binding Orbs on Two hand Axe's till you hit a decent Inc. Phys Damage Roll and Phys Attack roll,

If you got some Elreon rings get all three Heralds and get merking.

Next step, load up on melee Phys damage nodes, and the two handed nodes (general vs specific matter less in this build due to the lack of tree changes)

For the next 10-15 levels most of it is damage nodes and grab some leech nodes till the ascendancy nodes have been taken, like so.

Most of the right side I ignore until about level 70 when VP is almost necessary for survival. (Will add more later or make an independent guide.
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Aug 17, 2017, 10:31:46 PM
yo, got a slayer lv93 on harb, currently trying to change to this build,

will this work with starforge sword too? or the axe has a range that outscales the sword xd?

edit:
how do i see the actual dmg on poe builder?, i see that ur damage is around 100k, but the main source comes from HoA isnt it? how can i see it?, or assume it?,
Last edited by erani on Aug 22, 2017, 10:16:27 AM
Hey man, u will update to 3.0?

Thanks, gl!
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
"

Most of the right side I ignore until about level 70 when VP is almost necessary for survival. (Will add more later or make an independent guide.

Thanks Man, I see u updating to 3.0... thank you for that!!
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
"
erani wrote:

will this work with starforge sword too? or the axe has a range that outscales the sword xd?

edit:
how do i see the actual dmg on poe builder?, i see that ur damage is around 100k, but the main source comes from HoA isnt it? how can i see it?, or assume it?,

hard to do ele dmg with Starforge ...
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
erani wrote:

edit:

It's on the left column, damage per hit and then total damage.

Starforge is doable if you went complete phys build and dropped ele conversion but the damage drop is gonna be large and you'd rely too much on HoA.

Stick with Disfavour or Brain Rattler
I wonder if it is worth to invest into the flasks to do Ele Retch

Right now at 87 i am comfortable in T10-11 with decent clear speed (200mil/h in good layouts). For now it's working. AoE could be better.

Biggest question is see is Brutality vs Ele flasks
For party play it's nobrainer to drop Brutality for party buffs, but for solo, wonder if ssomebody else did the math already .)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info