|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

"
"
sidtherat wrote:
one - mostly irrelevant note - the damage dealt by Retch is a 'reflect' damage. it does not add up to your attack nor is modified (further) by any of your attack related mods. there is a quote from Mark floating around there explaining how does this thing work and what is/isnt possible to with this setup
I wonder if this means that Shock double-dips with the retch. I think it does. Occultist seems like a great pairing, with both Void Beacon and Profane Bloom.

The more I think about this, the sillier I feel for not realizing that this was happening sooner. Of course we are double dipping against shocked enemies. It looks like this.

1. Damage shocked enemy & deal 50% more phys/ele damage.
2. Leech more life because you dealt more damage.
3. The Retch adds more chaos damage to your hit because you leeched more (from your phys/ele dmg).
4. The Chaos Damage dealt by The Retch is boosted by an ADDITIONAL 50% more multiplier because the enemy it is damaging is Shocked.

Thanks for the insight! As I said earlier, it would be difficult to prove this through testing, but that explains why my actual damage increases from testing were so much higher than what my calculations said they would be.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
Kongor's Undying Rage would be a good alternative to disfavour.
I would strongly suggest adding Atziri's Promise. Not only does it scale your phys with more chaos damage, but it adds chaos leech, which benefits the Retch greatly, as the damage it deals would be leeched back and parts of it dealt again. This effectively multiplies your chaos damage output by approximately 1.42

That is assuming damage dealt by the Retch can be leeched, which I am not quite sure of.

EDIT: My bad, forgot the leech values changed.
Last edited by Kalciphoz on May 14, 2016, 11:35:07 AM
"
Kalciphoz wrote:
I would strongly suggest adding Atziri's Promise. Not only does it scale your phys with more chaos damage, but it adds chaos leech, which benefits the Retch greatly, as the damage it deals would be leeched back and parts of it dealt again. This effectively multiplies your chaos damage output by approximately 1.42

That is assuming damage dealt by the Retch can be leeched, which I am not quite sure of.

Retch is reflect damage, I don't think it can be leeched, but you know what item WOULD be perfect for this build:

edit: Oh man, I just realized this build could easily go Voltaxic Spark with Hungry Abyss jewel, too, kek
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on May 14, 2016, 1:44:29 PM
hi, do you think this build is doable with new vinktars + grabbing VP on tree? I really want to try this out in the 2 week perandus, i have enough currency for it (lvl4 enlighten, 6l disfavour, regular kaoms etc.)
"
Kalciphoz wrote:

You're right it would add a lot of DPS, but I can't see myself replacing any of the existing flasks. They are all too good.

I couldn't think of any easy way to test whether The Retch's chaos damage leeches life. If you think of something let me know.

I did test whether The Retch's chaos damage is affected by "+% Chaos Damage", and the answer is no.
"
"
Kalciphoz wrote:

Retch is reflect damage, I don't think it can be leeched, but you know what item WOULD be perfect for this build:

edit: Oh man, I just realized this build could easily go Voltaxic Spark with Hungry Abyss jewel, too, kek

I thoroughly tested Crown of the Pale King, and while I believe it does heal you for 30% of The Retch's chaos damage, that does not technically count as "Life Leech", and thus does not double dip with more The Retch damage. I was hoping it would work that way, but unfortunately not. And the extra life gained is not needed due to our already massive instant life leech.

I have not tested the Hungry Abyss jewel. I think that by the time The Retch is doing it's damage, your leech has already been calculated and so it wouldn't kick in. But that's just my theory. Feel free to test and post your results here.
"
BoBoTheCasual wrote:
hi, do you think this build is doable with new vinktars + grabbing VP on tree? I really want to try this out in the 2 week perandus, i have enough currency for it (lvl4 enlighten, 6l disfavour, regular kaoms etc.)

Yes, that will work! You will do a bit less damage due to the lower life lech on non-legacy Vinktar, but with Vaal Pact you will see similar results.

You could also try Acuity, if your crit is high enough. Of course your non-critical strikes will not leech instantly, and so you will add a sort of "chaos degen" to enemies you attack. This degen is limited by the normal life leech rate of 20% max life, but it's still something.
How do you proc Elemental Overload? O.o :)
"
hitreza wrote:
How do you proc Elemental Overload? O.o :)

12% crit chance is plenty to have 100% uptime on Elemental Overload.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info