There will be no Race Season during Perandus League

"
ganjarak wrote:
Chris, with all due respect, can you people stop wasting valuable time and resources on making new alt art items and instead visually improve the ones existing ingame? I understand that the MTX model heavily relies on relatively unattractive 3D models for people to purchase new MTX but the race reward alternative art uniques are basically wasted in standard for no one to use. Literally wasted work.

"With all due respect" you are ignorant. Your opinion is your opinion and they do not have to move their teams around and change their entire work schedule just because you think that some alt arts are bad, so keep that opinion to yourself. Also, the reason the alt art items are there aren't necessarily to be the most amazing looking item you have ever seen, they are race rewards. What it sounds like you are suggesting is they just not give any race rewards until they have redone the art work for every single past unique that might have been "unattractive", which is extremely ironic considering how you also say they will just be wasted in standard. So if you think they are wasted anyways why should they take the time to go back and redo past art? Plus you know people do play standard in this game, right? It isn't just some dead league where only one person plays because he is being tortured by terrorists or something. Your logic literally makes no sense. Provide an argument other than "your art is ugly and stupid so try again" or you just sound like an ignorant kid. With all due respect.
Well, I stuck around this league for longer than I thought I would and probably would have done some racing this time around which is a shame as it breaks up the long leagues for seasoned players and can be some casual fun for new players as well. It's more of a shame though that older stuff is getting pushed out, and especially something that absolutely separates PoE from other ARPGs.
"
schultz94 wrote:
damn i wanted to do some race as i am the fastest racist

SPEED RACIST!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAiLTsvzbI
HAIL SATAN!
Plz no new content yet

need new optimizations plz
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Apr 26, 2016, 6:20:23 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for the late announcement about this but we finally have a definitive decision.

We won't be running a race season during this current challenge league. This is a combination of new race stuff not being ready, and the team being critically busy working on new content that we haven't yet announced.

In addition, there's ongoing discussion about potentially running a two-week league in the latter part of Perandus, which would clash with the race season. (If we do decide to run a two-week league like this, we'll announce it in the news in the next few weeks.)

Racing is important to us and we do intend to not only run more seasons but to continue to improve it over time. I'm sorry about the lack of season this league and the slow communication about this issue.

PLease remove the forsaken masters from the game or increase the costs for crafting , if you even care about trading .
R.I.P 4.B.
Absolutely please do a 2 week league, Thanks Chris.
"
ganjarak wrote:
Chris, with all due respect, can you people stop wasting valuable time and resources on making new alt art items and instead visually improve the ones existing ingame? I understand that the MTX model heavily relies on relatively unattractive 3D models for people to purchase new MTX but the race reward alternative art uniques are basically wasted in standard for no one to use. Literally wasted work.
Shit opinion detected.

Beep-Booop.

"Wasted work", a skilled artist can easily finish a 3D model within a day, actual art for the icon probably not more than a few hours.

Its not wasted work because it creates incentive for racing, someone who has 47 life time points shouldnt be talking as if theyve ever invested any sort of significant amount of time racing.

You sound salty because you dont own any of the alternate art.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
ganjarak wrote:
but the race reward alternative art uniques are basically wasted in standard for no one to use. Literally wasted work.

the plan was to introduce inter league skin transfers (as mtx?) so players can use their permanent league race rewards in temp leagues.

---

also

"
Chris wrote:
To address one of the points you mentioned - we have released race seasons very early in leagues before and it hit the numbers pretty hard. Once people get derailed from their current league goals, it's hard to get them to resume that league.

do you manage to successfully do temp leagues and races by playing 3 hours daily?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
To address one of the points you mentioned - we have released race seasons very early in leagues before and it hit the numbers pretty hard. Once people get derailed from their current league goals, it's hard to get them to resume that league.

do you manage to successfully do temp leagues and races by playing 3 hours daily?

That's the sad reality of PoE development in its current form. There can be no innovation in terms of additional content during challenge leagues because any additional content apparently hurts retention.

So we have this situation where GGG is afraid to take risks with adding content during challenge leagues now. It's pretty sorry state for racers to not even have a race season schedule revealed at the onset of the challenge leagues. Being that this update was so late, it now is fairly obvious that GGG won't even commit to a race league until they have analyzed retention numbers over the first 6-7 weeks.

It's not really a surprise. Challenge league retention numbers are no doubt extremely important to GGG and the economic viability of the game. It's just unfortunate that retention numbers are so negatively impacted by player being given options. Options for the players are actually bad for the game right now some how. It's pretty confusing from my perspective as someone who races and would gladly play any 1-2 week ever released. But hey, that's the stagnant system the players prefer. So it is what it is.
I actually like this break from the race season, i feel the last 2-3 seasons have been too close to each other which causes racing fatigue. moving forward, when race seasons begin again GGG should consider the time between seasons. maybe even having only 1 race season per new league towards the 2nd half of the league to give players something new to do.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info