Havoc's death: Overwhelming nature.

"
vio wrote:
do the tornados count as projectiles? because the map had "chain 3 times". doing endgame maps with chain and gmp is crazy from my (casual player's) point of view.

Yeah, that's exactly why it was so dumb. Also, I'd put a few orbs on tornadoes behaving similar to spark in the sense they can hit you again when they bounce so the boss effectively starts shotgunning when he fills the room with them.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
^They are projectile/spell/damage over time

Which basically means this boss takes a big ass dump on MoM/evasion/acro.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Well, the cyclones are easy to evade if there aren't monster speed or additional projectiles map modes. I think it's a challenging but fair fight.

The boss is also not particularly tanky for a t11 map and there are a lot of builds which just kill him in a few seconds.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Boem wrote:
^They are projectile/spell/damage over time

Nah, they're doing small hits, I think a proper armor tank would be able to do this boss.

The dump on evasion is there, agreed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 26, 2016, 11:01:26 AM
Someone earlier said they could AFK this boss with an Aegis Aurora build, I think this gives an answer to the damage over time vs. small hits discussion.

Torture Chamber's lazer is damage over time. Unblockable.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

Torture Chamber's lazer is damage over time. Unblockable.

You don't fuck with the beam.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
This is the most misunderstood boss in the game. I'll try to explain it:

- The tornados are a reskinned version of Spark, with a very big negative modifier to projectile speed, and a very big positive modifier to duration, thats why they wander around the room for a long time very slowly. It also deals physical damage but this is common knowledge.
- The boss utilizes 2 different setups of "Tornado-Spark"
- The first is the CWDT version, the boss uses a very low level CWDT linked to his "Tornado-Spark" spell, because of CWDTs internal cooldown, this causes fast hitting attacks/spells to fill the room with tornados very fast. Whats the catch? This tornados barely deal any damage, you can see how Havoc walks around the tornado-filled room, without leeching and his ES barely goes down at all, then suddenly he almost insta-rips, what happened?
- The second "Tornado-Spark" setup this boss uses is the one that actually kills people, it has the same graphic, the same projectile speed, the same duration, the only difference is that this version is selfcast, independant of the CWDT one, and he only casts it every once in a while. It deals a fuckton of damage in comparison to the CWDT version of his Tornado, and it has a very clear casting animation. All this Academy boss rips have a thing in common, they are facetanking the boss in melee range, and when the boss casts 4 or 5 Tornados when he has GMP, remember that Spark shotguns, and this is exactly what happened here. Havoc is fine until the boss decided to SELFCAST 5 tornados in his face that basically destroyed him through leech.

So basically the strat vs this boss is not give a fuck about his CWDT tornados, pay attention to his animation, and whenever you see your HP/ES actually going down, you know you are standing in a selfcast Tornado and all you have to do is move away 2 inches.

The CWDT Tornado-Spark is designed to cause chaos and confusion and damn it does a pretty good job at that, considering how old the game is and how basically almost no one has a clue how he actually works.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
"
07Ghost wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Ideal full time is usually 38 hours a week but in many countries 25 hours plus is full time.

It's a big world out there, gamer.

full-time work week by countries

Which country has 25 hours defined as a full time job? Greece? No wonder they went bankrupt, twice. As people there just try to live on government welfare and enjoy their early reitrement age.

You are as ignorant as they make them. The Greeks are among the most hard working people on the planet, most of them work 12-14 hours a day all these years. Keep believing the media and being brainwashed.

Guess what? Most of the overtime they spend each day at work is never paid, either and if they complain, they get fired as they have tons of foreigners who will work illegally for practically nothing.

It's very common in the Greek private sector to work 6 days a week / 8am to 9pm = 13 hours a day x 6 = 78 hours a week. How do you like that?

Keep living in your brainwashed dreams.

http://fortune.com/2015/11/11/chart-work-week-oecd/

OFFICIAL SOURCE = NUMBER 4 IN THE WORLD. Unofficially, the truth is the one I told you.

Source: I'm Greek, living in Greece.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Apr 26, 2016, 4:20:41 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
You simply don't do academy boss with additional projectiles. I remember trying it in SC with a full block/spell block lightning coil fortify tank, granite and everything - the damage is absurd when he covers the screen in tornadoes, you die in a second. He doesn't release a tornado each time he's hit, it's the additional projectiles that wrecked him.

I'm actually surprised Havoc did this, it was obvious what would happen when everything went grey and as Mark rightfully said, he would have died anyway once his source of leech disappeared.

The extra projectiles are nothing with a decent Aeqis build. You can even AFK it's so easy.

I find that 71% (gear+determination)+12% (charges) phys mitigation behind 78% spell block with 500 life/s has a similar effect. I rarely see my life bar change. I don't use aegis since a massive armor stat will help more against shit that is actually dangerous, like large physical hits. The 200-400 es gained on block from aegis seems futile in comparison.
He rip becouse VD drop, then IC drop. After RNG just made all hapen.

This room is nothing compered to what i got on my CoC Immortal Call cyclone.
Difrance is i can take it, he just played RNG game same as EV and got busted, especialy if he have no immune to silence becouse thays just no go for Leech heavy builds.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Apr 27, 2016, 1:03:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info