... Snail Time ...

"
davidnn5 wrote:
I agree with pretty much everything Snorkle said. It gets hard to care about clear speed or level after a while. It's all just something to do before work or on weekends to unwind. If I get a 100, i'll probably never play it again so I'm not terribly enthused in that respect, but happy to level in general.

I also agree that the odds against a good staff or dagger dropping are so stupidly low you might as well (for example) stand in the shower burning money as attempt to chaos a good one (the brute force equivalent of picking up many rare staves). Who knows though, perhaps after spending roughly infinite chaos you might come up with a staff that's only slightly worse than Hegemony's Era.

PS Turniphead's skill tree still makes me sad with all those unspent passives.

Pls tell me where my unspent passives are?
When I look on my tree, it doesn't show me them. Says I have 0 passive points. So maybe missed quest rewards?

Pls tell me where they are and I'll use em!

Going for last 2 Ascend points now.

Turnip.

Great so many people are posting!
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Pls tell me where my unspent passives are?
Just open your char's passive tree in browser, he will be shown as having 16(!) unspent skill points. Passive tree on site is bugged since 2.x. For example, my scion is shown as having 6 unspent skill points... and -2 ascendancy points. Yes, MINUS TWO.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
But how can I find where they've got to on a browser?
If they're missing, where are they?
As when I open my tree in-game, it doesn't say I have unspent passives.

Turnip
"
Turniphead2 wrote:

Thanks Man! I don't know how you run those maps when you're so close to leveling - you got guts man.

Sometimes I really hate this damn game... I can stroll through Village Ruin (blue), I can laugh in the face of mobs of the Gorge that I showed before, I can get out unscathed from a relatively complicated Waterways... but I can also die easily in a Springs (blue) for something totally out of my control and that alone is attributable to bad luck.

Yesterday I died being at 97%. The map was easy. But stupidly a pack of monsters with "Order of the Frozen Sky" actually turned out to be 2 pack completely different from the same type of monster. Sure, I saw "Order of the Frozen Sky" but never saw the other pack of monsters until a small freeze (poor game optimization and poor computer) announced that I had just killed some kind of "Bearer". At the end, the combination of ice rain more horrendous optimization linked to the start of the animation of the balls of energy that leave the "Bearer" prevented me react in time. All the balls exploded in my face...

Why the hell on a map where I did not choose anything related to "Blood line" appear 2 packs of monsters with blood line modifiers at the same place, and if this were not enough, they are all the same kind of monster which makes the identification of individual packs something extremely difficult???

I hate this game... I should be a great fool to think that being melee I could reach 100. I will change build once more and never again commit the stupid mistake of being melee.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Sorry to hear it man...argh...that really sucks! :(

"
Actkqk wrote:
All the balls exploded in my face...

You definitely have to be careful of this in the future (sorry, couldn't resist!). :D :P :D
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
But how can I find where they've got to on a browser?
If they're missing, where are they?
As when I open my tree in-game, it doesn't say I have unspent passives.

Turnip

Sounds like it's a bug. It looked like you had roughly 12 unspent.

At least we helped you with the ascendancy bit though (and perhaps GGG with the buggy character view - are you guys watching this?)
37% to 96...barely played an hour tonight. Ran my last red map (Wasteland) and was too chicken to take on the boss. Brought in my CI Occultist who has crap DPS but 15,000 ES and 2300 regen...dur...turns out the boss only regens when he's standing on Desecrated Ground...so with a little clever movement I was able to take him out. Took me a while, but he dropped a Tier 14 map so all is well with the world. :D

Really hate that boss. And this is coming from a guy who facetanks the Loom Weaver, Shock and Horror and Maegara for fun. 8)
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I don't know how you guys do it. I just had one reach 95, I start freaking out after 85 percent or so and get overly cautious, thus making it take even longer to level up, rolling baby map mods etc. I also turn into the biggest coward.

IMO, the best way to do it, is after gaining a lvl have fun w/your character; do all the things you were too chicken shit to do while leveling, then when you've had your fun, go back to it.

The grind is real!

Well, it's not just having fun but also testing your build. And the best way to stress test a build is to die a bunch. Right now I'm trying to tank normal Atziri with high ES and evsion but lowish block and dodge. Also without using a unique shield or flasks because that's cheating. I can almost do it except for for when the big flameblasts overlap, although I think that's not meant to be tanked except for the dedicated tank builds.

And last time I forgot how many portals were left so I forgot to play it for real and kill her, wasted a set, I'm a noob.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
Actkqk wrote:
Congratulations on the level up, Turnip...

Here in Chile it's 22:27 and I'm already tired but I'm at level 96 with 96% and I want to finish soon with this or I can't sleep peacefully. Anyway I will not stay quiet until level up or die in the attempt. I am not so extremely cautious so there is always the possibility of dying. These last 2 days I've been running Village Ruin (not the boss), Shipyard, Springs, Bazaar, Plateau, Gorge, Waterways (not the Boss). Always in blue and some yellow like this:

It seems dangerous but really for me it is not so. Fortunately my build allows me to face the Devourers with no problems.

Do you know how many chaos I've spent trying to roll 3 packsize mods? I don't know but it's a lot... :O

Since regals dropped in value I started doing the alt-packsize-then-regal thing. Most yellow mods are fluff except the ones that give your build hell, and this obviously depends on the build. It's all relative. Blood magic and reflect are impossible for me but all the no mana regen and -max res and vulnerability is cake. I'd much rather have a 2-3 mods with packsize and something possibly dangerous than 6 mod fluff.

O yeah, since I did lvl 95-96 like 80% solo I guess I'm part of this crew now.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more recently but there are so many griefers in parties. I put in the public party title "US servers, no lag skill craziness" and first two people that join are a discharger and a CoC person, and one is connecting through Frankfurt. So then when I d/c they finish the free map I was giving them... And more loltastic stories.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info