... Snail Time ...

"
Turniphead2 wrote:
I always add if I level to the thread title - will remove the 96 glee tomorrow.

It's the 96 not the 97 that's the 'free' level.

97 is where things get nasty.

I think they're called devourers: the creatures that come up form the ground. They are buried then pop up and whack you.

Good luck in getting to 96.

Turnip

Oh, yes...Devourers...I know those bastards well. Used to be the bane of my existence...but now I devour them! Watch my YT video...I freeze and shatter a ton of them without a scratch...but I still watch it with the Rare ones...I charge and kill them as quickly as I can...and the Orchard boss...argh...he's just 10 kinds of WRONG. :D

I agree with pretty much everything Snorkle said. It gets hard to care about clear speed or level after a while. It's all just something to do before work or on weekends to unwind. If I get a 100, i'll probably never play it again so I'm not terribly enthused in that respect, but happy to level in general.

I also agree that the odds against a good staff or dagger dropping are so stupidly low you might as well (for example) stand in the shower burning money as attempt to chaos a good one (the brute force equivalent of picking up many rare staves). Who knows though, perhaps after spending roughly infinite chaos you might come up with a staff that's only slightly worse than Hegemony's Era.

PS Turniphead's skill tree still makes me sad with all those unspent passives.
Very true...I've never found a good staff or one handed sword worth a pot to piss in. I have found a few good daggers...but the best was a Vagan dagger I got lucky with when it rolled crit chance and I used Elreon's mod on it to make it COC worthy. I sold it for a few exalts which helped fund the one I have now...but for the most part, most of the rares I find worth selling go for 10 chaos or less.

Anything that is really good...I end up keeping...and lot of stuff I think is good turns out to be junk. The one piece of armour I linked I did find and six linked...but it was just pure dumb luck and I lost out many times with other pieces. All in all, I'd say I broke even.

You guys are starting to convince me that maybe I should start picking up less rares...lol...but they are so shiny and tempting...can't...stop! LOL. :D
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on May 9, 2016, 7:43:51 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
I agree with pretty much everything Snorkle said. It gets hard to care about clear speed or level after a while. It's all just something to do before work or on weekends to unwind. If I get a 100, i'll probably never play it again so I'm not terribly enthused in that respect, but happy to level in general.

I also agree that the odds against a good staff or dagger dropping are so stupidly low you might as well (for example) stand in the shower burning money as attempt to chaos a good one (the brute force equivalent of picking up many rare staves). Who knows though, perhaps after spending roughly infinite chaos you might come up with a staff that's only slightly worse than Hegemony's Era.

PS Turniphead's skill tree still makes me sad with all those unspent passives.

Feel similarly about leveling. It's with the aim of getting that passive or cluster @ 96/97 and seeing the build 'fully' complete or optimized. At 100 there isn't any potential danger keeping you on your toes -- and hence invested in the gameplay -- when you play.

Had a look and aye about Turniphead's unspent passives. Wouldn't those 16 points and 2 ascendancy ones go a long way with your leveling progress, Turniphead?
Congratulations on the level up, Turnip...

Here in Chile it's 22:27 and I'm already tired but I'm at level 96 with 96% and I want to finish soon with this or I can't sleep peacefully. Anyway I will not stay quiet until level up or die in the attempt. I am not so extremely cautious so there is always the possibility of dying. These last 2 days I've been running Village Ruin (not the boss), Shipyard, Springs, Bazaar, Plateau, Gorge, Waterways (not the Boss). Always in blue and some yellow like this:

It seems dangerous but really for me it is not so. Fortunately my build allows me to face the Devourers with no problems.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
theres some builds that can take a lot of crap thrown at em and some that cant sadly. I kind of know from the off now days, i can see it in my build planner before I even open the game, this ones gonna struggle past t9/t10.

Thats the fun of it though right? Its not about making that 1 build that can do everything easy mode, its about trying something out and taking it as far as it can go. If you can clear t9/t10s you can grind to 100, and thats just as challenging as playing harder maps with a more powerful setup that makes content feel easier. Thats the thing with arpgs, the better your build and your gear the less skill it takes to achieve anything with it and in some ways the less satisfying things then become on some level.

partly why I really like the solo mapping thing tbh, just you against the game pursuing your goals, no team to carry you. It takes me back to diablo 1 when I was a kid. As much as I hate death in this game, I like that its the way it is, I like being legitimately concerned about it and the great feeling when you beat the challenge and make that next level.
Good luck on 97 Actkqk! Remind me not to try my very bad Spanish with you. :D

I'm around 35% to 95...didn't play much tonight (damn life, work, friends and such getting in the way of my POE time!!!). My T14 map was underwhelming...map was too short...barely got 1.5% exp but did find a T13 map. Piety was pretty lame and didn't drop anything good...bah I say...BAH!

I think I'm going to try and save up a stock of red maps...I did much better running some Arid Lakes and Gorges.

I mostly stick with blue maps...yellows could be dangerous...and my build, while strong, will die easily if not played right...;)

Holy shit, insane progress, guys.

I'm level 85 noob in the two-week race :P
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Heh, at least you're 85. I'm not even 80 yet.

Edit: Don't see you online these days, Snorkle. Taking a break?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on May 10, 2016, 4:44:19 AM
"
Actkqk wrote:
Congratulations on the level up, Turnip...

Here in Chile it's 22:27 and I'm already tired but I'm at level 96 with 96% and I want to finish soon with this or I can't sleep peacefully. Anyway I will not stay quiet until level up or die in the attempt. I am not so extremely cautious so there is always the possibility of dying. These last 2 days I've been running Village Ruin (not the boss), Shipyard, Springs, Bazaar, Plateau, Gorge, Waterways (not the Boss). Always in blue and some yellow like this:

It seems dangerous but really for me it is not so. Fortunately my build allows me to face the Devourers with no problems.

Thanks Man! I don't know how you run those maps when you're so close to leveling - you got guts man.

Imo - avoid unnecessary pickups to level faster (scrolls, body armour), every time you pick something up, you can kill something. Every time you ID something, you could be killing a lot of things.

Turnip

also gl with 97
Last edited by Turniphead2 on May 10, 2016, 9:38:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info