0.9.5g Patch Notes

"
Kabraxis wrote:

I think for example..
Mega OP Keystones + hard to counter disadvantage that makes it "niche build" + unique mods (cannot be frozen) on uniques that fits particulary build and counters this particulary disadvantage.... BRILLIANT. :P

PERFECT DESIGN GGG. KEEP GOING and dont change philosophy because ppl whine that their easy mode/oneskill spamming char was nerfed in beta.
it's not perfect design because AoF is still as OP as before for several builds...it's not like easy mode is gone because of that change
"Life isn't always pretty guys .. you cant always get what u want...
Aof is an extreme char. This is already shown by the nice golden circle around this skill.
Extreme chars cannot have benefits only!
Plz grab your dicks and try .. I think if the guys from GGG didnt alway die .. you can survive too! ;P"

Thanks for the philosophy lesson but comments like "you can't always get what you want" and "Plz grab your dicks and try" are neither relevant or helpful here.

Beta testers are not whiners and complainers. They should be encouraged to give their honest opinions so that the game developers have feedback to add to their own experience so the end product will be the best they can create.

* Duelist "TirNaNog" Legacy League
* AoF Templar "Trodaire" Legacy League
* Bow Ranger "Bogha" Legacy League
* Witch "RavenWitch" Legacy League
* Maurader "Laoch" Legacy League

And it will be OP for some buld ALWAYS. Srsly with this kind of deign philosophy (mega-impactful keystones) you just cant achieve (mythical) balance.
And whatever changes they (GGG) will introduce always some keystone will be OP for some FOTM build...

And ALWAYS there will be unhappy ppl that will come and whine that they ultra-mega fast killing machine now is screwed.

Dont even mention that now AOF fits PERFECTLY in the design philosophy of keystones - extremely useful for some builds, less useful but with counterable disadvantage to other builds and not useful at all for some builds.

Srsly... whats the point of all this crying? All u want is easy mode back.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Jan 11, 2012, 7:03:47 PM
"
Kabraxis wrote:

no I want a useful nerf for AoF
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Easy mode is over.. sorry.

This is exacly the same type of mass whine like when the Shock Nova total OPness was nerfed.

You get extremely good effect from AoF? YES
Now AoF has drawback? YES
Is drawback "counterable"? YES (Heat Flasks, "cannot be frozen" effect, run speed for easier cold projectile dodging, big HP pool etc...) And i think that over time there will be much more ways to counter disadvantages like this in AoF (for example more uniques with "cannot be frozen" or maybe some "flask specific mods on belts that are coming soon).

BTW. This is awesome how great is dedign philosophy in this game and how every major design decision synnergise with each other and whole gameplay.....

I think for example..
Mega OP Keystones + hard to counter disadvantage that makes it "niche build" + unique mods (cannot be frozen) on uniques that fits particulary build and counters this particulary disadvantage.... BRILLIANT. :P

PERFECT DESIGN GGG. KEEP GOING and dont change philosophy because ppl whine that their easy mode/oneskill spamming char was nerfed in beta.

Just stop crying plx.

QFT
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"it's not perfect design because AoF is still as OP as before for several builds...it's not like easy mode is gone because of that change"

And it will be OP for some buld ALWAYS. Srsly with this kind of deign philosophy (mega-impactful keystones) you just cant achieve (mythical) balance.
And whatever changes they (GGG) will introduce always some keystone will be OP for some FOTM build...

And ALWAYS there will be unhappy ppl that will come and whine that they ultra-mega fast killing machine now is screwed.

Dont even mention that now AOF fits PERFECTLY in the design philosophy of keystones - extremely useful for some builds, less useful but with counterable disadvantage to other builds and not useful at all for some builds.

you dont get it dont you ? the build isnt weaker its as strong as before but you have an annoyance of cold dmg monsters which you have to a) dodge b)reset instance
not to mention 99% of game content can be easily finished even with 0 res and only chaos can cause problems
IGN Crakk
I don't think the AoF people are crying about the nerfs in their entirety, it completely changes the way the character has to build their defenses. If it was just a massive -cold resist it would be counterable by taking specific cold resist gear, it would take the place of other stats and be something looked for by AoF characters.

It may be countered in the future by the flask mods. We might get some of the less useful flask mods placed on belts and other equipment. "Unchilled/unfrozen when drinking flasks" on a belt could solve the problem if it makes all of your flasks unchill, but I agree that this arbitrarily causes an increase in flask real estate for of heat flasks.

AoF is a powerful build and seems to be favored because of this, that doesn't mean it's drawbacks need to be weakened but before it only had "can't leech life" which personally is a big one considering life leech = top tier defense mechanic.

I feel like the AoF change should just be a cold penalty and not a "never resists cold". Why not give the mods more value for certain characters. That would balance the inevitable "glass cannon pvp argument" also, opponents will stack fire resist D:
-Meteoric Destiny!
@xapti

You can laugh all you want.

What i was trying to say came out the wrong way. It has nothing to do if i'm higher lvl or if I'm a bow templar, wich I'm not, but i feel absolutely no difference from before the change of aof, I still have to be carefull around cold missiles or else i will die.
Larger FOV = \o/
"
Jurge wrote:

It's really not as bad as people put it. The ones who are complaining now, shouldnt just focus on dealing damage, but defence aswell.

Yeah, much like my marauder with 4K armor (62% dmg mitigation @ 71) along with 1.5K Hp having to run away like a little bitch each time there is more than 3 cold chaos weavers/archers on the screen in Maelstrom...

Makes a lot of sense, yeah thanks GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info