Perandus Challenge League Statistics

Awesome league, could never think I would push for all rewards, let alone 40/40. Most time I have spent in any poe league.
ign : mnyga
Last edited by felhuy on Apr 19, 2016, 4:00:19 PM
By far the best league ive ever seen, rolling my fourth character now and having a blast. First time ever to get all the challenges in a league.
First real league effort by me.. 36 was easy. Considering doing 40, not really that hard to finish.
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
to all that think that graph is false:
i thought so too at first but after thinking about it it seems to be alright.

the problem is how it is shown.

the bars are the percentage of the number of players with that exact challenge count relative to ALL players (which are NOT shown as 0 challenges are not displayed but counted for the 'relativeness').

also the percentages given by bex relate to "at least 1 challenge".
which would be same graph but scaled by a factor (as both show percentages).

you can try to add up the relevant percentages in the graph. when you say/assume #1 challenge is 10% (as there are 10 lines for easy counting) you need to multiplicate it with around 1.4 and you get the numbers bex is talking about.

i have to say this is the MOST confusing way to present a graph. at the university we learned to present them in an easy and understandable way (and i did a lot of those). what GGG does here is just to confuse ppl DELIBERATELY and obfuscate the player numbers. (which chris totally undermided today by posting the number on reddit which leaves me with a bitter taste as to why they don't just put the numbers where they belong.)

edit:
he said roughly 250k ppl completed at least 1 challenge which would mean a bit less than 350k ppl started a character in perandus(/hc).

Have to agree with this...

---------

I'd also like these statistics to be shown to us a bit more often, like every 2nd week? I dont know how you make these graphs, but wouldnt it be easier to give us some exact % or number(roughly) instead on each challenge, which will be more accurate and show in a bigger picture how many players there are and how many have completed certain number of challenges.

You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Apr 19, 2016, 5:24:12 PM
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
Still no "End Game".

If you look up the definition of 'troll' in the dictionary, you might actually find a picture of this guy! ^^^
"
We've received a lot of positive feedback from players who say this is the most engaged they've been in any recent league.

Disagree.
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
to all that think that graph is false:
i thought so too at first but after thinking about it it seems to be alright.

the problem is how it is shown.

the bars are the percentage of the number of players with that exact challenge count relative to ALL players (which are NOT shown as 0 challenges are not displayed but counted for the 'relativeness').

also the percentages given by bex relate to "at least 1 challenge".
which would be same graph but scaled by a factor (as both show percentages).

you can try to add up the relevant percentages in the graph. when you say/assume #1 challenge is 10% (as there are 10 lines for easy counting) you need to multiplicate it with around 1.4 and you get the numbers bex is talking about.

i have to say this is the MOST confusing way to present a graph. at the university we learned to present them in an easy and understandable way (and i did a lot of those). what GGG does here is just to confuse ppl DELIBERATELY and obfuscate the player numbers. (which chris totally undermided today by posting the number on reddit which leaves me with a bitter taste as to why they don't just put the numbers where they belong.)

edit:
he said roughly 250k ppl completed at least 1 challenge which would mean a bit less than 350k ppl started a character in perandus(/hc).

I'm perfectly fine with the graph and I'm pretty sure you interpret it wrong. It doesn't really matter what unit is used for the bars, though I agree people might be interested in it. From Chris' Reddit post number I would assume that 1 line is 25k players, making the very first column 250k.

However, my main point is that there is no hidden data which is needed:

The percentages given by Bex are exactly what the graph is showing, without any fancy conversion. If you add up all the colums, you get all players with at least 1 challenge completed. I took rough guesses for the columns and had a result of 73.4 "bars" (that's roughly 1.8 million people if my unit guess above is correct). My totals were 50.2 bars for 1-11, 16 for 12-23, 5.3 for 24-35 and 1.9 for 36-40.
Columns 12-40 summed up relative to the total is 31.61% with my values.
Columns 24-40 summed up relative to the total is 9.80% with my values.
Columns 36-40 summed up relative to the total is 2.59% with my values.

You see how close these are to Bex's?

The mistake you made is assuming that the lines are marking nice percentage numbers, which is not implied anywhere.
Last edited by aRTy42 on Apr 19, 2016, 7:04:03 PM
No problem. Took me more time to draw this image than to figure the chart out, and I didn't even manage to finish High School.
Last edited by Curdi on Apr 19, 2016, 7:56:09 PM
look like everything is going according to plan
The worst challenge so far is Zana...
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info