[2.3] Burning Arrow Elementalist || Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget (Atziri Viable)

@adfinitum

Yeah, I think LA is generally for fast attacking builds. Burning arrow is more specialized for burning prolif builds.

@marcosyy77

Probably yeah, I think reflect maps will be very comfortable.

Hmm Vaal Burning arrow trap is interesting, I haven't tried it before. I usually just use a 5l single target burning arrow on weapon switch.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Jun 3, 2016, 12:34:43 PM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@mezmery

Hmm. Physical damage with bows doesn't double dip. Only fire, elemental, projectile and generic damage can double dip the burning damage.

You can check the burning damage on the poe wiki.

Good luck!

so burning damage doesnt scale with base damage of burning arrow that is buffed by bow damage(twice, as aof)? i got it right? whats the point in lioneye glare then, why cant i take quill rain and devoto combo to stack burn faster as we dont need that base damage?

didnt play burn builds any time, no idea how they work.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jun 3, 2016, 12:48:31 PM
I m very interested in this build but how will it fair against Atziri if i may ask? :)
Would love a farm build but i know this isnt the best option out there.
@mezmery

So the way burning damage works is that it it is based on your base damage and increased fire/elemental/projectile damage.

But if all your damage is fire damage, increased fire damage will increase both the damage on hit and the burning damage. This is called double-dipping.

Physical damage will only increase the base damage, but not the burning damage as well. So it only dips once.

@Shurikengninja

Yep this build is Atziri viable. As long as you are good at dodging and at a high level.
ok, i understood that, thx. and what do you think about
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jun 4, 2016, 2:24:37 AM
Build is Atziri viable. Just go through it a few hours ago.
Died like three times, this was my second time attempting the final boss though and I suck at dodging.
As always, and I hate myself for not checking this out on every single build I've ever followed... where is your Dex coming from and how much is required from gear?

Just ran into the Infractems 170-Dex brick wall.

Edit: Aaand complete ragequit at level 53. Ok, Dual Flame Totem it is.

Edit 2: Will try again later.
Last edited by genida on Jun 4, 2016, 1:34:22 PM
@mezmery

Yeah that quiver is pretty neat, but go for drillneck if you can. Drillneck is great because the projectile damage double dips.

@genida

We get 120 dex from the tree. 40 dexterity from blood dance boots. And the rest of the dexterity is from gear.

Also infractem gives 20-30 dex. So you can equip a jade amulet, then equip the infractem and remove the jade amulet.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Jun 4, 2016, 1:27:32 PM
"
genida wrote:
As always, and I hate myself for not checking this out on every single build I've ever followed... where is your Dex coming from and how much is required from gear?

Just ran into the Infractems 170-Dex brick wall.

Edit: Aaand complete ragequit at level 53. Ok, Dual Flame Totem it is.

Edit 2: Will try again later.

there is always 1c solution

ps i think ill use

as soon as i get it :)
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jun 5, 2016, 3:31:34 AM
So anyone tried this build without elementalist? You get 90% ignite chance with just helm enchant and gem. With the new GMP bow you can probably afford this setup and yeah prolif gem is a lot worse but the aoe is higher so it might not end up being a huge difference.
Last edited by Aggnog on Jun 5, 2016, 10:51:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info