[2.3] Burning Arrow Elementalist || Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget (Atziri Viable)

@Dumblet

Tested Element Overload, but our crit chance is too low and it rarely ever procs. Also we don't attack a lot of times since we one-shot most packs.

@kontautus

Hmm.. not sure about going HC, it should work but you will need to tweak the tree a bit to get 7k Life.

Reflect is not that big of a problem since a lot of our damage is burning damage which can't be reflected. In my video at 2:10, there is a reflect mob that we have no issues with.

Porcupines are scarier than reflect. But with Acrobatics, CWDT - Immortal Call and some endurance charges, it should be fine.

@MinstrelShadrak

Thanks for tbe feedback.

Yeah projectile damage double-dips for burning damage as long as the ignite is caused by a projectile. It's on the path of exile wiki too.

Regarding Herald of Ash and Beacon of Ruin, most of the time they overlap and the stronger ignite goes onto the enemy.

The ignite from HoA is not that important, but it is pretty nice when we don't have our elemental conflux up and don't ignite an enemy. It is basically a guaranteed ignite on surrounding enemies.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 17, 2016, 4:54:15 PM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
In my video at 2:10, there is a reflect mob that we have no issues with.

I think you dodge'd that one :)

"
MoarPizza wrote:

Yeah projectile damage double-dips for burning damage as long as the ignite is caused by a projectile. It's on the path of exile wiki too.

Ah yeah cool, so it wouldn't work on the herald of ash only. But that's no biggie.
I've deleted my question to avoid confusion on your first page alrdy :)
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Apr 17, 2016, 5:40:03 PM
also, blastrain for single target? maybe on a weapon swap 5L lol
"
Dumblet wrote:
also, blastrain for single target? maybe on a weapon swap 5L lol

even better then that, how about Vaal Burning Arrow?
Why not go double curse eleweak+flammibilty for better burn damage? might be better for red maps and bosses
@MinstrelShadrak

Ah I see, thanks for the feedback anyways. Hybrid could work, but since we go Acrobatics, our ES would be halved unfortunately. Could work with some tree reworking though.

@Dumblet

Blast Rain can't ignite without elemental conflux up, and since a lot of our damage is burning damage, going Burning Arrow is best for single target (with the helm enchant, we get around 60% ignite chance).

For easier bosses, I can usually one-shot them with a single burning arrow and they will burn to death.

@ij0rthegreat

Yeah I thought about Vaal Burning Arrow, but there isn't that much difference between that and Burning Arrow. Since Vaal Burning Arrow requires charges and for some bosses we need to attack a few times, so it is not practical.

@NinjaCl0ne

Blasphemy + 2 curses is not really viable for a ranged build like ours, since the AoE is too lacking and we off-screen kill a lot of enemies that Blasphemy radius can't reach sadly. But elemental weakness on hit gloves would be ideal for this build (but expensive).
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 18, 2016, 12:34:13 AM
Have you tried using 100% pierce Ice shot with cold to fire instead of BA+gmp?
I'd love to see how the "railgun" works with beacon of ruin as opposed to HoA prolif
ign: Roguesenpai
@Rijken

Haven't tested out Ice Shot, but it should work similarly. I think Burning Arrow is generally better though, since you don't have to go Pyre ring and BA has a much higher base damage compared to Ice Shot (184% vs 146%), so your burns are stronger.

Also, one of the major selling points of BA is that at 20q, it grants 60% increased ignite duration which is a massive DPS boost for your burning damage.
You use cold to fire gem with AoF instead of pyre and you have the overlapping explosions instead of gmp, your base is the same if not higher since you don't have to use gmp...
I'd really like to see it in action if you're willing to try it out?
ign: Roguesenpai
Last edited by Rijken on Apr 18, 2016, 2:38:49 AM
@Rijken

Ok I did some testing with it. Couldn't get 3 red sockets on my bow so I just decided to use Pyre instead.

With Slower projectiles and no GMP, clear speed was quite poor because not enough AoE. But once I swapped back to GMP, the clear speed was a lot better. Not as good as burning arrow, but still pretty neat.

If you want, I can show you what it looks like ingame. Uploading a youtube video takes way too long for me.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 18, 2016, 4:13:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info