[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
enerb wrote:
Hey bro, could you update the leveling guide? It's mixed with ranger version and i haven't played this game since 2013 so i'm a newb again.. I'd really like to try siege ballista build, but for me it'd be hard to lvl it properly :D

Interesting build, keep it up man

I will try update it tomorrow. I think optimal way for marauder in league start is 1-53 lvl-s flame totem + searing bond totem or ancestral warchief totems. Switching point will be this bow:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Infractem

because most player hate it ( lack of leech ) and it's dirty cheap even in first league day ( 1-3c ) Also marauder seriously lack of dexterity for bows and bow skill, so delaying switch will make much easier transition, when you pick some dex on the way into ranger passive tree areas.

I will try put some more tips how to use that skills in guide.
Last edited by Elua on Dec 7, 2016, 3:48:46 AM
Got 89 lvl now small update and usefull info:

this flask is life saviour for frost type of breaches, it works very well, you will loose aggro because of phasing, be able to move through mob packs, and not be frozen, highly recommended

For corrupted maps I using sometimes:

They makes playing on frozen / shocking ground much more safe.

Also got first breach league 6L :)

http://imgur.com/a/nlMff

New marauder leveling guide is slowly constructing in my head, will be written soon.

Last edited by Elua on Dec 7, 2016, 2:03:18 PM
Very nice guide - My Scorching Ray build has went a bit wrong so looking for something else to play.
TFIGEGKTB
@Elua

Hello,
ive played your build in the essence league and it was nice.
I just didnt get to play the whole league, so i got to level 90, T11 maps and 35k dps.

I got a few questions:

a) You write "53k ( deadeye ) --> 43k ( chieftian )".
What is your experience in breach with less dps ?
Does it still run good against bosses ? trash mobs shouldnt matter much i guess.

b) How well does it work in breaches merc or maps ?
Let us say open space, big circle and alot monsters.

c) Arohongui, Moon's Presence - Enemies near your Totems deal 8% less Damage
Did you check how big that area is ? it would be helpful for playing and placing totems.

d) Tukohama, War's Herald - Skills used by Totems have a 20% chance to Taunt on Hit
How good is that Taunt ? Does it last a while, so you are more safer from getting aggroed ?
I remember i had problems with that map boss, which spawns alot animated weapons.

e) build is still evasion based and the start of marauder passive skill tree has alot +% armor/+% life nodes and 2 not so good nodes (first 6 nodes on your tree)
Maybe go northwest at start for just 3 points and use 3 points at a better place or is your route the best route ?

f) Could you please maybe archive/leave up the ranger version of the build in ranger forum ?

"
Elua wrote:

Im using flame totems to level up. Finished cruel with no problems. We take projectile nodes which also affect flame totem so it gets stronger. Just get + spell maces (we dont have enough int for wands). Start worrying about your gear only when you get into mercyless.. you dont want to go with -40% of ressistances

What do you mean by + spell maces ?
They dont have spell damage.

I was thinking 2x Lifesprig and thats ok.
Last edited by Kharadas on Dec 7, 2016, 11:20:03 PM
"
Kharadas wrote:
@Elua

Hello,
ive played your build in the essence league and it was nice.
I just didnt get to play the whole league, so i got to level 90, T11 maps and 35k dps.

I got a few questions:

a) You write "53k ( deadeye ) --> 43k ( chieftian )".
What is your experience in breach with less dps ?
Does it still run good against bosses ? trash mobs shouldnt matter much i guess.

b) How well does it work in breaches merc or maps ?
Let us say open space, big circle and alot monsters.

c) Arohongui, Moon's Presence - Enemies near your Totems deal 8% less Damage
Did you check how big that area is ? it would be helpful for playing and placing totems.

d) Tukohama, War's Herald - Skills used by Totems have a 20% chance to Taunt on Hit
How good is that Taunt ? Does it last a while, so you are more safer from getting aggroed ?
I remember i had problems with that map boss, which spawns alot animated weapons.

e) build is still evasion based and the start of marauder passive skill tree has alot +% armor/+% life nodes and 2 not so good nodes (first 6 nodes on your tree)
Maybe go northwest at start for just 3 points and use 3 points at a better place or is your route the best route ?

f) Could you please maybe archive/leave up the ranger version of the build in ranger forum ?

a) It's small difference, I compensate this using Vaal Haste almost non-stop, not like playing ranger and being lazy using it only for bosses. So far I have 89 lvl and done some t14 corrupted maps = no dps problems at all, same for Breach fire boss special event map.

b) It's amazing spec for Breaches because it has biggest totem range in game. On breaches leech is "must have" option, so marauder ascendancy shines here.

c) Not sure but totem taunt rly works and often meele bosses are very close ( ofc if you don't use curse, projectiles weakens gives totems knock-back ) Both things helps keeps totem alive longer.

d) It' works almost 90% time, because totems attack so fast it almost instantly applied and it's huge help on hard fights like Uber Izaro, Argus, etc...
I fell much more safer and often I can stand still and watch boss murdered by totems.
Less running, dodging, more relax :)

e) Armor is thing I still not sure about. I choose evasion, but it can be done as armor.
I'm lookin on "Belly of The Beast" robe, and its looks good. Ofc socket colours will be a bit pain, so for now I still using evasion one. In this league, when we got so many breach encounters with many mobs hitting small hits but often evasion can be good choice.
And I'm still on low budged, so it's hard to use best options.

f) No, I don't do this. Marauder ascendancy is so much better for very low price I don't want encourage people to make mistake and use deadeye. Leech is such amazing option you should try and discover it for yourself. It's like day and night difference, when you got uber lab done, all ascendancy marauder points this build is 300% more pleasure to play then ranger one. It's no way back when you feel it.
Last edited by Elua on Dec 8, 2016, 12:07:50 AM
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
Elua wrote:

Im using flame totems to level up. Finished cruel with no problems. We take projectile nodes which also affect flame totem so it gets stronger. Just get + spell maces (we dont have enough int for wands). Start worrying about your gear only when you get into mercyless.. you dont want to go with -40% of ressistances

That was written by LTU_Edga, not me.

Just use wands or other caster weapon, focus on spell power and cast speed. No crit needed for flame totem / searing bond / fire trap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's posible now to lvl as marauder using bows from lvl 10, if you got this 2 items :

That should be +75 dexterity, probably enough to use bows as marauder for long time.
Prices for those items are very low now: 1 alchemy orb each, and plenty of them on poe.trade.
Last edited by Elua on Dec 8, 2016, 12:03:15 AM
"
Elua wrote:
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
Elua wrote:

That was written by LTU_Edga, not me.

Just use wands or other caster weapon, focus on spell power and cast speed. No crit needed for flame totem / searing bond / fire trap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's posible now to lvl as marauder using bows from lvl 10, if you got this 2 items :

That should be +75 dexterity, probably enough to use bows as marauder for long time.
Prices for those items are very low now: 1 alchemy orb each, and plenty of them on poe.trade.

yes,
i was thinking to use this passive tree for changing to bows at level 32 to Death's Bite(107 Dex) without any items +dex.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAADuBqAGwxDMKhMqTSzpNZI8LT8nSshY5VnzWitkhGaeZ5tuqnIPcqm-p3sgg1-DzBm0o_Kmo6yqrj618rc-uX7E9sYExq4tg9i9ffUVIPiT-b3-Cv6He4wlJ11J

and this works for Level 53, Infractem(170 dex) too.
With the 2 uniques you can do it from start and this tree.
Last edited by Kharadas on Dec 8, 2016, 4:11:00 AM
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
Elua wrote:

Increased elemental damage, add x to y whatever damage to spells, increased cast speed, increased spell damage... maces have it.
"
LTU_Edga wrote:
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
Elua wrote:

Increased elemental damage, add x to y whatever damage to spells, increased cast speed, increased spell damage... maces have it.

You mean sceptres. I got confused by the word mace, sorry.
There are not many good unique sceptres upto level 50 with these stats.
Do you mean a rare sceptre ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info