[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
mortuusend wrote:
Should I purchase Kintsugi or a 6L evasion chest next?

Kintsugi is essential for endgame safety, it's way better than any other evasion chest-piece.
sorry, forgot about the bow-no evade. Was gonna ask about death opus, but no evade is better than 2 additional arrows?
Last edited by Tenembre on Sep 9, 2016, 6:35:50 PM
"
dronedoom wrote:
"
mortuusend wrote:
Level 84 atm in Essence League. Early game was rough as it is my first bow character. Mapping is a breeze, currently up to tier 8 and I haven't died once since I started. Should I purchase Kintsugi or a 6L evasion chest next?
Thanks for the guide!

could you post your tooltip fro ballista and char info (def)?
i'v on 80 now and im startin to think im too fragile and my ballistas dont make enough damage =(

17k with auras and lightning golem, 21k with frenzy charges. 5.3k hp. There is still a lot of improvements to be made like rolling physical damage on jewellery, 6L armour, 2 more ascendancy points and the siege ballista enchantment.

I highly recommend getting a pair of gloves with attack speed and physical damage to attacks. Character name is Binomial.
Very nice guide. Have a lot of fun playing it in Essence so far.
I haven't played only with totems/ballistas ever before.

Iam lvl 69 right now with ~30k tooltip dps with 4 Frenzy charges.

This is my gear so far.

Definitely not the best, but capped resistence and 3k Life so far.
Haven't died a lot, only a few times when I went afk and I was in map or so.
Haven't had any problems against bosses so far.
Hi,

I'm new to SB and want to try it in essence league. In currently lvl 30 but I have the feeling that I will not be able to take Ancestral Bond. My SG are struggling with large groups, firing only 3 arrows , a bit slowly, and have very very hard time to aim. Same for single target. Maybe not enough dmg (SG is 366 with aura right now)?

Split arrow is helping but I'm feeling very weak

Do you have any advice?

Thank you
Hi again! 2nd season with this build, love it :D

Lvl 85, doing T7/8 pretty easy, missing 1 trial for uber lab, just wondering if it's worth buying a Starkonja's Head (cheap) or Rat's Nest + Kintsugi. (Crappy Jewels)

Here's my gear :D

Wanted to upgrade the Bow (300+ Phys)
Vaaled Drillneck myself ^_^ /

Sorry for my english..
So far I really like the build, but today I ran into a map boss which was unkillable: the Witch of the Cauldron on Burial Chambers.

How did you deal with her, or Soul Eater mobs in general, when you can't control what your totems attack and feed her a shitton of zombies?
"
Baelturath wrote:
So far I really like the build, but today I ran into a map boss which was unkillable: the Witch of the Cauldron on Burial Chambers.

How did you deal with her, or Soul Eater mobs in general, when you can't control what your totems attack and feed her a shitton of zombies?
I would call it a major asspain for this particular build. You should manage to chew her in the first 10-15 seconds. Placing ballistas is basically irrelevant, they kill lots of mobs anyway and she starts to 1-hit your totems.

Just call a blade vortex or single target-oriented friend =)
I really liked this build at first, but it seems as I got into beginning maps that it was hard for me to stay alive....I just feel like I'm targeted more than usual. I pop the Ballistas and it seems like their short-life span doesn't seem to worth me unless I'm right on top of them . Just seems like too much work to stay alive than what I'm use to. I'm currently level 75 and have been through 2 of the labs. The Ballistas themselves are really powerful, but too much struggle to try and stay alive.
"
BaalGruf wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to SB and want to try it in essence league. In currently lvl 30 but I have the feeling that I will not be able to take Ancestral Bond. My SG are struggling with large groups, firing only 3 arrows , a bit slowly, and have very very hard time to aim. Same for single target. Maybe not enough dmg (SG is 366 with aura right now)?

Split arrow is helping but I'm feeling very weak

Do you have any advice?

Thank you

I think the low damage comes from you not using Weapon Elemental Damage Support on your Siege Ballista 4L. WEDS scales ALL elemental damage on the linked attack, including the one from other support gems, Heralds, Auras, and equipment. I didn't add a Faster Attacks Support until I had a 5L, since the damage was big enough to 1 or 2 hit most non-rare stuff anyway.

Other than that I followed the guide more or less as written. If the damage is still low with a WEDS, maybe look if you can find some cheap upgrades for your jewelry on poe.trade to add some more flat damage.

Also, definitively try to get at least a 3L with Frenzy, Curse on Hit, and Projectile Weakness (if you have a 4L for that, add Greater Multiple Projectile Support or Chain Support). Frenzy charges grant a massive DPS boost for your totems, and the curse adds more damage and some defensive knockback.
Last edited by Baelturath on Sep 13, 2016, 8:30:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info