[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Mistletoes wrote:
I saw your T15 video. Looks nice. Out of curiosity have you tried the build on Uber or Core Malachai?

Thanks! Never tried Uber not with this build or any other, so I can't say anything about it, just way too expensive to try.

About Core, never try it yet, but will run it soon!

Last edited by mas_mariano on Apr 27, 2016, 3:45:21 PM
"
Copied your build in standard but used legacy BoR with 15% block chance instead of 6 (not a budget item :-/, but i had it laying around already), and then switched lioneye remorse shield with high life and armour + resist shield (because I don't have good rings or other resist gear).

Links:
3L: Enduring cry + hatred + HoA
3L: Whirling blades, blood magic, fortify
4L: CWDT + Tempest shield + chaos golem + Moltenshell (instead enfeeble, so i didnt have to spend chromes getting 3Blue :-( )
4L: Reckoning + Vengeance + Curse on hit + Enfeeble.

I think it would be better to have 3 blue on cwdt with enfeeble replacing molten shell, and put lifegain on hit on reckoning + (maybe riposte + melee splash?, or vengeance + stun? i dunno), but I didnt want to spend the chromes getting 3 blues. :-/

Switched violent retaliation for outmatch and outlast so I wouldn't have to take blood rage. Just my personal preference to not have the degen. (plus was already spec'ed into it, saved on regerts)

Just another option for anyone in standard with a bit of extra currency or legacy gear.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcEswUtBosISQomC2EM9w5DE0wUIBUgFewX4Rm0Gj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUqTSzpLYMvzDB3MZ4yCTJONZI64Ts7PAU8LT8nQKBBP0F0RJ5HfkrITeNOMlBHUeZTu1boWf5fP1_aYuxkUmVNZ5to8mxGbqpybHKpdO108XYrd1N5OXrvfNl-4oCKg1-DzITZhO-Gs4rwi0-PmZSHl3mbLZ7FogCmV6mVrK-uPq9ssty18raKtz65Hb02vqfAZsC_wYLBo8T2xq7KkM1f2L3awd0N37LgleJh5FHpRuoY7w7vfPAf8kX3MvdN-Ov-Cv6P

Took the "path of the warrior" node and didn't want to respec the duelist starting area nodes from damage to attack speed because of lazyness and cheapness.

Fun. I love ascendancy. Gear could be optimized more but my personal cost benefit analysis tells me this is probably where I stop.

Glad you tried the build!

Look at the stats of that BoR... some items screams to be nerfed. And after all that nerf, still being such an excellent item.

About your build:

- In case you need it, I prefer using Q20 Reckoning with LGoH than Melee Splash, good AoE radius thanks to quality and avoid using an additional gem.
- I used Reckoning + Vengeance + Stun + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun before start using BoR (in other build I made some time ago). I don't know how legacy BoR works with the 10% for keeping endurance charges up, and looking at the price, I guess I never will.
- I strongly recommend that you use Q20/L20 Blood Rage. You will not notice the degen and you get an additional 20% Attack Speed (not counting frenzy charges) plus having the chance to get another ascendancy point instead of Outmath & Outlast (is pretty poor not going dual wielding).
- If you decide to change it, now I'm going to update the build choosing Gratuitous Violence instead of Violent Retaliation. Counter attacks spread the bleed effect and gives an almost permanent additional 30% Damage plus the explosions.
- About the tree, if you remove the Path of the Warrior and the first node of the Duelist area you could use that two points for extra life going for Barbarism or getting an extra jewel. Pretty cheap to get with all the possibilities offered by Varunastra: the 12% Physical Damage plus 6% Attack Speed and adding some additional damage or better a %x Maximum Life.

Keep enjoying that legacy BoR!
"
mas_mariano wrote:

You have to consider this:

Final Armour =
Base Evasion * ( 1 + % increased Evasion Rating + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )
+ Base Armour * ( 1 + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )

As you can see when considering Evasion, the three modifiers are added (thanks to Iron Reflexes) but in case of Armour, just two.

For the Evasion helm: 273 * (1+0.78+0.16+0.96) = 791.7. Added to the base 8558 you got 9349.
For the Armour helm: 274 * (1+0.78+0.96) = 750.76. Added to the base 8558 you got 9308.

Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_Reflexes

so this means, it's better to use evasion on my equip? good to know!
"
enomandurist wrote:
Nice guide, man.

Have you tried earthquake? Cos im ~50 lvl now and thinking 'bout ur build, and BoR EQ, cant decide, ur is tempting, but melee targeting is bad, and EQ is kinda OP.
Why without ancestral totem? With 20% MORE att speed, ur dps will skyrocket just for one button, imho worth on tougher stuff like bosses. I'll replace any counterattack skill, although CoH wont work, sadly.
Have you tried Blunt Instrument node with Varunastra? Found it in some varu builds and ppl claimed its working, but im not sure. Have u tested it, by any chance?

Thanks, glad you like it!

- About EQ, to be totally honest, I just hate the delay, maybe is OP, maybe is the skill that everyone is talking about, but I just hate that delayed aftershock. As you can see, is just personal preference. What I truly likes of Static Strike is the single target damage it deals, plus having a decent AoE (check the DPS calculations if you're interested).
Soon I will update the guide with a different skill setup for faster clear speed, basically based on Reave + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Concentrated Effect and going for Gratuitous Violence. In my opinion, works great. In any case, I'm switching to Gratuitous Violence.
- Why without ancestral totem? Because I was mistaken. What a great improvement, thanks! I exchange Riposte for Ancestral Protector.
- About Blunt Instrument (BI): the passive tree of this build suffer so many changes during the last week, I used it in a previous version. Is clear now that going for Strong Arm is not worthy compared to BI. We loose 9% Physical Damage & 2% Attack Speed, but gain 40% Increased Armour. That represent, in my case right now, loose 2% of the total DPS but gain 5% additional physical damage reduction. Great improvement too.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions!
Does ancestral protector work with curse on hit?

Edit: Looks like no. (tooltip lies)
Last edited by PritzlPoppers on Apr 27, 2016, 7:40:51 PM
There's no life leach though due to static charge hey? That's one thing I wish this build had.
Cool build. Got 6l cheap so have to pick some additional block nodes. Bad Blood Rage not working with Aegis (kills energy shield). Need to replace gloves and belt for more armor+chaos and have no idea what to put in last 4 sockets. Maybe one more cwdt setup and vaal haste and grace?

Spoiler

Last edited by NambrVan on Apr 28, 2016, 12:28:39 AM
"
Does ancestral protector work with curse on hit?

Edit: Looks like no. (tooltip lies)

I guess there's no way to auto cast Ancestral Protector, so I don't expect its Attack Speed boost all the time, but for boss fights or whenever you need it seems great (still, I just begin to use it).
"
TheBobRoss wrote:
There's no life leach though due to static charge hey? That's one thing I wish this build had.

If the build doesn't have life leech is not because of Static Strike, is just that seems good enough for me the life gain from block with Anvil. And for mana concerns the +3 mana gain from Varunastra and also the mana on block from Anvil.

If you feel you need it, you can get life leech/gain with:
- Q20 Reckoning + LGoH (+ Vengeance)
- Reckoning/Riposte/Vengeance + Life Leech
- Exchange Enfeeble for Warlord's Mark
- Go down-right in the tree for the Vitality Void Leech area. You loose 2 points but have plenty leech to choose.

Soon I will include an alternative setup using Reave + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Concentrated Effect (& Gratuitous Violence), maybe that setup suits best for you.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Apr 28, 2016, 1:23:00 AM
"
NambrVan wrote:
Cool build. Got 6l cheap so have to pick some additional block nodes. Bad Blood Rage not working with Aegis (kills energy shield). Need to replace gloves and belt for more armor+chaos and have no idea what to put in last 4 sockets. Maybe one more cwdt setup and vaal haste and grace?

Spoiler

Glad you like it! Thanks!

Yes, Blood Rage with Aegis doesn't seem to work well togheter, when I tried, I switch to Outmatch & Outlast to get the frenzy charges, but then I leave Aegis behind, so I'm not sure about it.

About your empty sockets, some random thoughts:
- Include Lightning Golem (LG) for extra Attack Speed. Some time ago I used Ice Golem + Blind, I didn't test this with LG, but maybe could be useful.
- Hatred + HoA + Enlighten maybe allows you to include also Arctic Armour. Didn't test it, just saying.
- Include Ancestral Protector for extra Attack Speed when you need it.
- Use CoH with Enfeeble and use Reckoning/Riposte/Vengeance + Stun + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to get the endurance charges.

When you find the additional setup that suits best for you with 6L+Aegis please let me know what you choose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info