[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
I was testing out LS(lighting strike) in the place of static and it seem like it did more dmg then static and the clear speed was faster. I was wondering if you can test it out and tell me your opinion on it? right now i can tell which does better lol

LS is a great skill and I like it. I guess for clear speed is better than Static Strike, and I was testing it right now (after a while I don't use it) and it works great not changing anything. From the DPS tooltip, it does more DPS, but I still choose Static Strike because it truly works best against single target (mostly bosses).

I guess that's because the explosions that Static Strike does (that doesn't appear in the DPS tooltip) should count as additional AoE damage that also applies to the main target being hit. The skill says "Explosion deals 40% less Damage" and a discharge occurs 0.75s after each hit, so that damage should be added for single target considerations (and Amplify gives a 20% AoE damage boost too).

Another minor consideration for me is that you have less control against elemental reflect with LS, because the spread projectiles range, and maybe that could be an issue from time to time.

[Added] "not changing anything", well, not exactly. Amplify is useless with LS...

If i go LS instead of ST getting Aoe nodes and gem slots would affect the dmg or no?(increase)

Lightning Strike isn't an AoE gem, but try using Chain. It'll lower your single target, but massively improve your pack clearing speed.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Pevityli wrote:
Varunastra Vaal Blade is not 10-15c

The cheapest one are 2.5 ex on Poe.trade

Is there any weapon i could use instead?

Or could you sell me one for 10-15c?

Varunastra was introduced in 2.2, right now, there's almost no availability in Standard League. All prices are based on Perandus League, where as you can see in poe.trade, prices are between that range for a decent one (250-260 pDPS).

Changing the weapon has some implications in the build, basically, Deadly Dilettante and By the Sword are not useful without Varunastra. And if you not use a Mace, Blunt Instrument and Galvanic Hammer should be avoid. If you not use Deadly Dilettante, you should take the shortest path in the tree to the left from Master of the Arena to Constitution.

Trying to keep that price range in Standard League, I suggest an alternative using Doryani's Catalyst: removing Deadly Dilettante and By the Sword as stated before and then looking for Mace specific points and/or elemental damage. Maybe you need a +30 INT from the tree, because Doryani's requires 113 INT.

A 2-minutes tree that could work (please double check before use):

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcEswUtBosKJgthDPcTzBQgFPYaPiDjITQhYCgqKaUvzDIJMk40jjWSOp064Ts7PAU8LT0PPT5AoEE_RJ5FR0d-TeNP81BHUeZTu185Xz9f2mBlYuxlTWebaPJp_mvZbEZvO3Jscql07XTxd1N343fleA15OXrvfLt-4oNfg8yE2YTvhjuK8ItPj5mSfZL3l3mYb5stnsWiAKZXqW6playvrj6vbLCrtC-1BLXytoq3Pr02vqfAGsBmwL_BgsSCxPbGrti92sHcI-Qi5FHlz-oY7MvvDu988B_x_vIv8kX3MvgC_gr-j__T?accountName=mas_mariano&characterName=Camacho_El_Boliviano

And you should change Whirling Blades, in my opinion, switch to Shield Charge.

Added a complete section in the guide describing how to get similar results in Standard League with the same budget using Doryani's Catalyst instead of Varunastra.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZyoqnP2B5I

Me doing t-10 boss Using LS (idk why the quality is like that)
Pretty much Face tanking

Dom x2
https://youtu.be/wHVLWMg8Tmc

Tried Atziri with LS Not very good on the phase where you have to kill the mobs
Im planning to test Wild strike next lol sorry for butchering your build D:
Last edited by LooseTheUltimateGoose on Apr 21, 2016, 10:39:38 PM
I've gotten most of my gear in order, lacking only the shield.

Spoiler

Double post, sorry. Have you tried Less Duration instead of Phys to Lightning?

What are the benefits of going 100% lightning as well? Hybrid damage scaling could mean you don't kill yourself to reflect, just like Infernal Blow specs.
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZyoqnP2B5I

Me doing t-10 boss Using LS (idk why the quality is like that)
Pretty much Face tanking

Dom x2
https://youtu.be/wHVLWMg8Tmc

Tried Atziri with LS Not very good on the phase where you have to kill the mobs
Im planning to test Wild strike next lol sorry for butchering your build D:

Great! Have to try everything... now I'm testing an alternative with Resolute Technique. Gonna update the guide in the next few days with it.
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
Double post, sorry. Have you tried Less Duration instead of Phys to Lightning?

What are the benefits of going 100% lightning as well? Hybrid damage scaling could mean you don't kill yourself to reflect, just like Infernal Blow specs.

With Less Duration you loose a considerable amount of DPS and the less duration effect has no use with Static Strike (just a little bit less delay in the explosions).

DPS from Static Strike should be consider as x1.6 from DPS in tooltip, because of the explosions. The "echo" of the 60% of the damage occurs with a 0.75s of delay, so, after that, your damage is x1.6 for single target considerations.

I use Physical to Lightning because is the best combination I found for DPS output, at least for what I tried so far. The 100% Lightning (not considering Cold from Hatred) is just for higher DPS, thanks to all Weapon Elemental Damage modifiers and because the great stats of Q20 from PtL: 10% Increased Physical Damage & 10% Increased Lightning Damage.

So, I'm not trying to achieve a 100% elemental damage, just best DPS output. And Reflect is just an issue if you have a map with that mod (or the reflect from Atziri/Trio that should be avoid in any case), in any other situation, is not a problem at all.

About your gear, I guess you will have some issues to achieve cap resistances with that ring/Maligaro's combination. Always you can go up from Sentinel to get some more resistances, and the extra jewel is not bad at all.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Apr 23, 2016, 1:24:50 AM
"
D_nasty wrote:
Hey, nice guide I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

What's the reasoning behind using static strike, just preference?

I'm thinking of making this build with Aegis and using Reave as main skill, that should work just as well right?

What do you think abour BoR vs Lightning Coil if you can afford it?

Do you get enough crit on the right side of the tree, it seems like 30% is a bit low.

I added a new section in the guide with an alternative build using Resolute Technique and it proves to be a nice improvement and easier to gear.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
D_nasty wrote:

I'm thinking of making this build with Aegis and using Reave as main skill, that should work just as well right?

Do you get enough crit on the right side of the tree, it seems like 30% is a bit low.

I added a new section in the guide with an alternative build using Resolute Technique and it proves to be a nice improvement and easier to gear.

first of all, nice improvement. In the beginning I would also change two nodes:

and wouldn't it be better to change also the hatred aura to wrath?

"
crush4 wrote:
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
D_nasty wrote:

first of all, nice improvement. In the beginning I would also change two nodes:

and wouldn't it be better to change also the hatred aura to wrath?

About the two changes you propose (all DPS are from Static Strike tooltip):

- The first two passives from Duelist area: with your change we got 78.900 DPS against 79.400 from the passive tree posted right now. Is a exchange between a little bit more life vs. 500 more DPS.

- About Wrath, I gave it a try and the difference is massive. With L20 Wrath we got 66.800 DPS against 79.400 DPS with L20 Hatred. Hatred stays for sure.

Thanks for your comments!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info