[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Hi! I read your Duelist build with Varunastra and I enjoyed read that. I have a couple of questions.
I play a similar build from Marauder without Varunastra. I want to know:
1. why you aren't using Reave instead of Static Strike to use also physical leech;
2. if your build is playable also from Berserker with Vaal Pact;
3. in my opinion you can consider also using Lightning Coil instead of BoR. You loose some block chance but you gain more physical mitigation.
I hope not to bother you with my questions
Regards
Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
The Resolute Technique alternative build has been updated. Not going for Amplify in the first version was a mistake. I recognize that now. Finally, we got a 10% overall improvement for Single Target and AoE damage keeping same AoE Radius and some more life.

For those who used the first version passive tree, sorry for the 9 regrets you have to spend!
I have another question. Which labyrinth enchantements are the best for this build.

I'm using:

helmet - 25% increased static strike damage
boots - regenerate 1,5% of Life and Mana per second if you were hit recently
gloves - I don't know

could you make your character profiles public?
Last edited by crush4 on Apr 25, 2016, 10:43:29 AM
"
mas_mariano wrote:
The Resolute Technique alternative build has been updated. Not going for Amplify in the first version was a mistake. I recognize that now. Finally, we got a 10% overall improvement for Single Target and AoE damage keeping same AoE Radius and some more life.

For those who used the first version passive tree, sorry for the 9 regrets you have to spend!

Hi. i started this game about 1 month ago soo i am still a noob player.i have only 2 chars 88 necro and 87 duelist.i was playing dual wield/dual strike champion before your build.when i changed your first build without RT i was very disappointed.because my dps and survivability decreased and i spend too much currency for new gear and passive tree reset.After i saw your new build with RT i changed my build again.then i noticed that my dps and survivability is better but then having hp gain&mana problem.then i fixed it with changing some gems.now i am using

4L-reckoning+vengeance+life gain on hit+mana leech/riposte(tried life leech instead of LGOH but i think LGOH is better)(i use riposte on single target)

4L-tempest shield+CWDT+curse on hit+enfeeble

i don't use golem coz they die too fast.

Auras hatred+arctic armour but if i can take the lab enchant 10% reduced Hatred Mana Reservation i gonna add herald of ash too.Now i am almost immortal :) i don't even use my hp flask except dmg over time like chaostic clauds etc.

ı am not gonna change to your new RT build coz i don't have any problem with large packs.i think aoe is more then enough.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with new players like me.Have fun :)
Last edited by espanyol44 on Apr 25, 2016, 7:29:59 PM
espanyol44, link ur gear plz

"

Use golem on cwdt and it will be up all the time.

"

Why curse on hit? CWDT will trigger support gems. Leave cwdt low level, lvl1 in this case. Link it with tempest shield lvl1 only, because u need it for additional block chance only. So, CWDT-tempest shield-aura-aura is good way to use rest sockets.

"
Vengeance, Reckoning, Curse On Hit, Enfeeble

In this case u can level enfeeble ....

"
but then having hp gain&mana problem

Anvil gives u mana on block, weapon on hit. Use rings with mana reg (or 1 ring) and u will have no problems with mana.
"
Mordenkran wrote:
Hi! I read your Duelist build with Varunastra and I enjoyed read that. I have a couple of questions.
1. why you aren't using Reave instead of Static Strike to use also physical leech;
3. in my opinion you can consider also using Lightning Coil instead of BoR. You loose some block chance but you gain more physical mitigation.
Regards

Glad you like it! About your questions:

1. I tested Reave and I still choose Static Strike (SS) because the additional damage from explosions really makes a difference for single target (a 60% additional damage "echo" after 0.75s). SS covers both needs: a huge single target damage output and an acceptable AoE damage for trash mobs. Besides that, I'm making a new section in the guide with different setups based in faster clear speed (assuming less single target damage). This should be based on Gratuitous Violence and right now I'm testing Cleave, Lightning Strike and Reave. And Reave, is what I liked the most of that three by now.
1bis. This builds don't rely on physical leech, you don't need it for mana concerns and is not really important for survivability. For mana you have Varunastra +3 mana gain on hit and Anvil for +20 mana on block, and +40 life on block from Anvil too. That togheter with all the defensive stats from this build, makes it incredible tanky. If you feel you need it, try Q20 Reckoning with LGoH, works great.
2. I guess not. This builds basis is a 78% Max Block Attacks/Spells, that's the first reason for making it. You need Gladiator class for converting 100% Block Attacks to Spells and that's why Anvil is so useful. Together with BoR makes 78% Max Block A/S incredible easy and cheap to achieve.
3. A 6L Lightning Coil is truly expensive, in relation to the overall cost of this build. You can go that way if you have the currency, and achieving max block is not an issue because is pretty easy to get some more block from passive tree at a reasonable cost (in DPS). But physical mitigation is not an issue with this build (please refer to previous answers about this subject). I guess the best way to expend a high budget here is to go for Aegis Aurora with a high Armour/Life 6L rare chest (or maybe a 6L Belly for higher life pool).
"
crush4 wrote:
I have another question. Which labyrinth enchantements are the best for this build.

I'm using:

helmet - 25% increased static strike damage
boots - regenerate 1,5% of Life and Mana per second if you were hit recently
gloves - I don't know

could you make your character profiles public?

I didn't pay special attention to enchantments due to the boredom that lab causes on me. Until your reply.

You have to see my face when I saw that Static Strike enchantment... Now I read the enchantment list as I should do in the first place. So, what to choose:

- Helmet: no question about it, 25% Static Strike Damage. Huge damage boost, and now I want one of those!
- Boots: 8%/12% Increased Attack Speed if you've killed recently. Another great damage boost. Got this one now:

- Gloves: all seem pretty useless, but because I'll buy the gear already enchanted (not going to do the lab one time and again no matter how good the enchant is), I guess is OK not having a particular enchant for gloves, because Helmet/Boots enchants are mandatory, so after the boots, I bought gloves based on cap resist, life and attack speed (and not in what enchant it has).

Will update the guide soon with a section for enchantments. And now my char profile is public.

Thanks for your reply! Is a great improvement for this build (and makes me spend a lot of currency too, btw).

PS: As you can see in the corrected passive tree for RT, I keep your change in the first two nodes of the Duelist tree.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Mordenkran wrote:
Regards

Glad you like it! About your questions:

1. I tested Reave and I still choose Static Strike (SS) because the additional damage from explosions really makes a difference for single target (a 60% additional damage "echo" after 0.75s). SS covers both needs: a huge single target damage output and an acceptable AoE damage for trash mobs. Besides that, I'm making a new section in the guide with different setups based in faster clear speed (assuming less single target damage). This should be based on Gratuitous Violence and right now I'm testing Cleave, Lightning Strike and Reave. And Reave, is what I liked the most of that three by now.
1bis. This builds don't rely on physical leech, you don't need it for mana concerns and is not really important for survivability. For mana you have Varunastra +3 mana gain on hit and Anvil for +20 mana on block, and +40 life on block from Anvil too. That togheter with all the defensive stats from this build, makes it incredible tanky. If you feel you need it, try Q20 Reckoning with LGoH, works great.
2. I guess not. This builds basis is a 78% Max Block Attacks/Spells, that's the first reason for making it. You need Gladiator class for converting 100% Block Attacks to Spells and that's why Anvil is so useful. Together with BoR makes 78% Max Block A/S incredible easy and cheap to achieve.
3. A 6L Lightning Coil is truly expensive, in relation to the overall cost of this build. You can go that way if you have the currency, and achieving max block is not an issue because is pretty easy to get some more block from passive tree at a reasonable cost (in DPS). But physical mitigation is not an issue with this build (please refer to previous answers about this subject). I guess the best way to expend a high budget here is to go for Aegis Aurora with a high Armour/Life 6L rare chest (or maybe a 6L Belly for higher life pool).

Thanks for the answer. I'm not convinced in every point.
My original build is in Marauder section and I started it using SS but I personally didn't find well for the leeching problems and the lack of AoE; it's also true that my tree was and is defensive so, to have some Dps, I was forced to use Concentrated Effect.
The duelist version is certainly the cheapest and the easiest to do and I analyzed the Marauder subclasses and the Duelist's ones to find the best for a tank. I concluded that the Berserker gives more survability with a "higher" bundget. The fact is that the spell block could be achieved also using Rainbowstride,Stone of Lazhwar and one Reckless Defence.
Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
"
NambrVan wrote:
espanyol44, link ur gear plz

"

Use golem on cwdt and it will be up all the time.

"

Why curse on hit? CWDT will trigger support gems. Leave cwdt low level, lvl1 in this case. Link it with tempest shield lvl1 only, because u need it for additional block chance only. So, CWDT-tempest shield-aura-aura is good way to use rest sockets.

"
Vengeance, Reckoning, Curse On Hit, Enfeeble

In this case u can level enfeeble ....

"
but then having hp gain&mana problem

Anvil gives u mana on block, weapon on hit. Use rings with mana reg (or 1 ring) and u will have no problems with mana.

1-I don't know how to link my gear.:) if you noticed that was my first msg in forum.

3-i tested again and now i am sure enfeeble doesn't work with CWDT so i use curse on hit.

2-so i can't use golem with CWDT(look up :) )

4-Vengeance, Reckoning, Curse On Hit, Enfeeble ---with this build my xp per hour about 55-60 M
-Vengeance, Reckoning,life gain on hit,mana leech---with this about 85-90 M xp per hour so i choose this.

5-most of the maps have low mana&life regen or no mana&life regen so anvil is not enough for my opinion.using ring with mana regen is good idea but useless on low mana regen maps either and i focus on hp&resist&dmg&intellect on my rings(107 int)
current hp=4.9k
"
1-I don't know how to link my gear.:) if you noticed that was my first msg in forum.

Please, link first all your gear before I made a complete answer to your comments and NambrVan reply. To do it, just made a reply as you do it before and then with the reply open go to the name of your character on the top of the page, choose the character you like and LEFT CLICK in every item of your gear. Please also include your jewels (you need to remove them from passive tree first and then do to the same left click from your inventory or stash) and add your passive tree too (go to passive tree tab and copy+paste the complete URL in the reply).

When you go back to the reply you will see all the linked items tags.

Last edited by mas_mariano on Apr 26, 2016, 5:46:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info