Direct answer from chris wilson to my email about PVP

ill buy a +1 gems shavs and try spark and let everyone try his builds versus spark to be able study it better
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 13, 2016, 7:41:04 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
ill buy a +1 gems shavs and try spark and let everyone try his builds versus spark to be able study it better

Yeah, this is what spark needs. The Rupenus $$$park would get double effective life from 6L shavs over hobo spark's tabula rasa and be immune to the hobo counters like cwdt+flame dash+ desecrate.

You have my support Rupenus.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Ahh good ol spark. Put my helm enchant to good use

"
letmeknov wrote:
"
Varvarel wrote:

Leap Slam here. 40% fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Vhlad wrote:
My spark is the extreme case, with essentially 0 gear or passive investment in health, resist, mitigation. Maybe 30% damage nerf won't be enough in the extreme case. I can test it but it's not particularly fun to play and people get really mad at me. There's lots of bullying and swearing, and in some cases the anger carriers over outside of the arena (had someone reply FU sparker! when I asked to pay their buyout on something).

But if it's still deemed a "problem", I presume it would be because it could kill the mirror wand Kinetic Blast or mirror bow Lightning Arrow or supertank shotgun Explosive Arrow builds that are used to facerolling everyone from many screens away. So what, spark can faceroll them from more screens away - it's a bit of a wealth equalizer. Other builds completely counter hobo spark so there's still a paper/rock/scissors dynamic. When you have such an extreme focus on offense in some cases it's countered with very simple things.

For the "properly built" sparkers (i.e. pve viable, with things like 75% elemental resist instead of -60 and a healthy effective life pool), a 30% damage nerf may be enough.

If some of the wealthier guys made a wealthy version of hobo spark maybe it would be a problem still. There's already a GG tri resist +2 spark projectiles 500+ ES helm floating around. Just the ES from that alone is double the effective life pool of hobo spark, which uses rat's nest for moar damage. Those wealthier guys can probably cap crit without rat's nest.

Cyber bullying and cursing is nothing new, Welcome to my world, half of these guy's been at my throats the last 3-4 months calling me cancer. With that said I've never seen your build nor remember you. However, I leveled 1-100 on my ranger with Fyndel's new templar sparker, It took less than 110 hours total played. he has 12k es and 110k dps per spark. Simply without reducing the templar ignore res, nothing will be enough. As its 3 screens range + fast Wb to run away + crazy effective health pool. Just prepare for the real shit storm to come. Not even Nurse La can match that.

With fast enough proj speed comes 3.5 screens away it becomes invisible. We cleared T14 maps in under 1 minute, every sparks 1 shot mobs.

Fyndel

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639544

low maps i use
red maps i use

//

^ his gear pve setup.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Apr 13, 2016, 9:32:45 AM
I still don't understand how GGG tough that adding a spec who can ENTIRELY ignore resistance on crit was a good idea...
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 13, 2016, 9:44:00 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
I still don't understand how GGG tough that adding a spec who can ENTIRELY ignore resistance on crit was a good idea...

Scion deadeye with pierce makes me wanna CUT myself.

^ Ignore res.
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Apr 13, 2016, 10:04:28 AM
Well done Haunt.
My EA Ignite Build view-thread/1661184
My shop view-thread/1078495
well +1 arrow is the biggest buff one could do to LA actually. pierce never been a problem.

and about spark nerf, this nerf ONLY indicates that somebody in that office still cares for us. still... one dude... there... cares. This is not a nerf. this is just a weak light in the darkness. everybody can agree that resistance ignorance on crit is completely broken and destroys every ground that pvp established on. they dont have time & resource to nerf it without giving harm to pve content.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
The main issue here is that if there is a problem they can't fix, they prefer to let him roam free (EA for more than a year, Sparks for months and now Inquisitor) instead of nerfing it out of the equation like they used to (RF).

Result is a very nasty meta where it's really easy to abuse broken mechanics (Secondary dmg, Shotgun Effect, Poison, ect...) and scare away potential PvP players who gonna end whining up about "broken pvp, GGG erase it/focus on pve instead" convincing GGG that PvP is useless (like what Chris said in the podcast) hurting the PvP players in the process.

Well done to everyone who did that (including myself lately), we finally killed the game. Be proud. Not like no one tried to warned you that this day will come.

I love how everyone was so hyped about this "PvP patch" :D
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 13, 2016, 12:03:07 PM
2 Years, Ggg never failed to disappoint me, I'm actually rather impressed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info