Direct answer from chris wilson to my email about PVP

"
chris_wilson wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I will discuss it with the team. Despite my frank explanation of how PvP didn't live up to our expectations, we are going to continue improving aspects over time. Tomorrow's patch has a PvP balance fix for example.

It's atleast nice to know they wont stop supporting pvp.

Kinda hyped to know if they are actually fixing what is needed !

Here's the second answer :

"
Okay. I'll make sure the guys keep the damage scaling stuff up to date. Very good point.

Chris

He is referring to the pvp skill algorithms calculations.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 12, 2016, 7:10:30 PM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2016, 5:01:58 AM
That's all PvP needs is an occasional balance patch. It shouldn't even take GGG more then a few minutes of just observing the obvious fact 90% of the PvP player base is whoring 3-4 skills, why and what they have in common.....aoe overlap, no pvp coefficient and/or crit + ranged.

Expecting this community to create it's own rules and limitations to better balance PvP for ourselves is a pipe dream. Most people are head strung, blind or just flat out have no fucking clue. PvP would consist of only a handful of people willing to actually PvP with legit shit. Likely the same numbers/people you got out of your tournament attempts.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Haunt, you're the fucking man.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
WE DID IT REDDIT PVP PATCH!!!!!!

In all seriousness great work haunt I know a few of us have been up in arms since the comments made on the podcast yesterday this is good news to hear.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
WE DID IT REDDIT PVP PATCH!!!!!!

In all seriousness great work haunt I know a few of us have been up in arms since the comments made on the podcast yesterday this is good news to hear.

I did not even expect chris to read my email within a day and i'm quite impressed by the outcome, they are doing a pvp patch the day after despite saying what he said in the podcast.

I still cant believe they are doing a pvp balance fix patch tomorrow, hype !

Good work to you guys too for keeping the posts up in general discussion and etc... i think if we put ourseleves together into really trying to promote what needs to change the right way by bringing discussions with pve players and etc we can get things to atleast move reguarding Algorithms as a start !
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 12, 2016, 5:45:44 PM
haunt, give me your address ill send you flowers
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Holy, Pvp balance?

I'm going to dead or dreaming?
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Apr 12, 2016, 5:55:18 PM
Great job Haunt! I'm coming back to POEEEEE. Ok maybe not yet, but looks like we're going in the right direction.
Thanks guys, since he responded to me in the first place i decided to reply again with a more directed answer to what we are all wanting to see reguarding pvp, i will share it with you guys.

"
Hey chris hauntworld here,

I'm soooo glad you took the time to read what i had to say...

The only thing we are asking for and im speaking in the name of the whole pvp community right now, yes we are a minority, yes we dont deserver as much development like pve content in path of exile. But i frankly think we atleast deserve to receive pvp algorithms changes to keep the damage of skills up to date, you just need to listen to our feedback and do the fixes based on it.

We arent asking you to focus on us, but dont let this part of the community down, we were all saddened by your comments on the podcast and we all started to promote PVP discussion in general section and pvp section in the last couple of days to try to make things move as a last resort.

PvP in path of exile is possible, it's been done since years already and it's not true when pve players say that it will always remain unbalanced, we had a ton of fair matches between sooo many varitety of builds and it leads to a lot of fun, it just needs support reguarding when you release big pve content which affects pvp damage by alot.

Take ascendancy as an exemple, it's one of the biggest damage upscales we have seen so far reguarding certain types of builds, i'm going to target inquisitor here which is possibly the hardest damage boost we have seen to elemental skills in pvp, which would require updates to the algorithms because the damage is just too high now, spark for exemple.

We are only asking you guys to keep doing updates to the calculations based on our feedback reguarding what skill has become too strong, the basic first and then things will grow overtime. Things will only get better if the minimum is done already, then after you can slowly work your way up to a better pvp concept content.

Thanks for reading again and i'm done wasting your time &#X1f60a

We are all really glad you are doing a pvp balance fix tomorrow... thanks a lot !

I think what we need to do now is stop complaining and asking for BIG changes to pvp, we need to directly state what needs to change reguarding PVP only without affecting pve at all. The most easiest way to get quick and working changes is trought updating the pvp algorithms like i have been saying over and over again.

The basic first guys, the basic.

We would all be happy if the calculations would receive more updates already, and that's what we need to base our feedback on. I didnt want to make a huge reply and wanted to base my answer directly on algorithms, because that's what we need right now.
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 12, 2016, 6:02:47 PM
wtf and i tought they dont care about pvp , great work haunt props
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type